Ladies what do you think?

I got my DH and 2 DS's (14 & 13) to agree to a cruise with me, finally. I even got them to agree to wear suits on the Elegant night with one stipulation from them. They all 3 want camoflauge ties. They are avid sportsman, and being difficult. Actually, I don't think they thought I could find them. But I did! So here is a pic, what do you think? Would they look bad with black suits? I was thinking of the new mossy oak break up ones.

allties.jpg

I got my DH and 2 DS's (14 & 13) to agree to a cruise with me, finally. I even got them to agree to wear suits on the Elegant night with one stipulation from them. They all 3 want camoflauge ties. They are avid sportsman, and being difficult. Actually, I don't think they thought I could find them. But I did! So here is a pic, what do you think? Would they look bad with black suits? I was thinking of the new mossy oak break up ones.

allties.jpg

HEY, they're going to put on ties run to the store and buy them. This beats the guy in the tee shirt any day of the week. how fun for them!:p

the liquor/wine ties of the 80's..they were micro pix of the chemical make up of the beverages..very interesting..and the colours are fab..but in the pix..they will not show the detail..so in 20 yrs,,they will still be attractive..go for it..yaay for your guys!

Personally I'm not a fan of novelty ties (remember the fish tie from the late 80s/early 90s?). It just detracts from dressing properly in my opinion.

But these are fairly muted & subtle so it will blend in with a black suit nicely. Plus if it's the only way they'll wear a tie, I'm thinking that things could be worse. I'd match them with something like a sage or mustard colored shirt to create an overall pulled-together appearance. I'd avoid blue or white shirts at all costs with these ties.

Thank you all for the input. If this is the only concesion to get the 3 of them into a suit. It is an easy one to make. They don't seem to be that bad, not too "loud" or distracting. Hopefully it will make them happy. I will be happy to see them dressed up.

Thanks,

Karen

When I was with hubby last week to reserve tux for our cruise I saw tux vests and ties in the mossy oak pattern. I tell ya, I thought I'd seen it all. But the funny thing is they don't really look that bad. If that's gonna get them dressed up, then I wouldn't argue.

They are being kind enough to compromise with you so you need to compromise too. Let them choose. This doesn't look like traditional camoflauge, to me these look like some kind of nature scene.

I got my DH and 2 DS's (14 & 13) to agree to a cruise with me, finally. I even got them to agree to wear suits on the

Elegant night with one stipulation from them. They all 3 want camoflauge ties. They are avid sportsman, and being difficult. Actually, I don't think they thought I could find them. But I did! So here is a pic, what do you think? Would they look bad with black suits? I was thinking of the new mossy oak break up ones.

allties.jpg

Most of the new camo patterns aren't bad at all. It isn't the traditional military BDU pattern anymore. The camo I had to replace for the boys this year was the new mossy oak, it has more green than the pic shows. I am letting them pick which ones they want, then will coordinate shirts to go with it.

Thanks for the advice,

Karen

When I was with hubby last week to reserve tux for our cruise I saw tux vests and ties in the mossy oak pattern. I tell ya, I thought I'd seen it all. But the funny thing is they don't really look that bad. If that's gonna get them dressed up, then I wouldn't argue.

My son was in a wedding of an avid hunter and they had the camo vests!! They didn't look too bad, they were actually reversible, black on one side for church!

My husband would love those ties. He's an avid hunter and I'm the hunter's widow. LOL Plus, with them wearing these ties, they'll get lots of attention and conversation. Definitely go with it. I may just have to get one for my husband. I'll check Cabelas; I bet they have them. This is great!:)

First let me say you are a very smart mom, and you made a good compromise with your boys.

My votes are #3 and #2, in that order. The only one I'd veto is #4 -- too much brown to be worn with a black suit, IMO.

My husband would love those ties. He's an avid hunter and I'm the hunter's widow. LOL Plus, with them wearing these ties, they'll get lots of attention and conversation. Definitely go with it. I may just have to get one for my husband. I'll check Cabelas; I bet they have them. This is great!:)

I found these at the formal sportsman .com. He got me a sign last year that says "this marraige has been interupted for hunting season." So I feel for you on the hunting widow lol. :p They have picked, 2 #3's and 1 #2. Now I will just have to drag the ties to the mall to colormatch shirts for them. I am just sooooo happy that they all agreed to a suit.

Anyone have an idea where to get a suit for the 13 yr DS? He is at the in between size. Some boys stuff works some don't and the same with mens, some will some won't. I don't want to spend a fortune on his cause he will outgrow it in a year or less.

Thank you all,

Karen:)

Sal Army. Good Will..consignment, Catholic re-sale..any secondary market stores..probly nab for under 10bux..a trip to the dry cleaner for under $10..We got a full tux at a store in Anc, Ak, for $35..a navy blazer for $4, tux shirt $3..had a tie....U think there is only junk there....nope.. locally I got 8 pcs of great Chicos, my size for $36..for allll..great condition. I only but if they pass my inspection, and I'm reallly tuff!..when your boy/s outgrow,,turn them back to the source. Good Luck..keep us posted on your finds!

Archived