Two Cruises or One with a Balcony

For me, it would be an inside and multiple cruises. For my DH, a balcony is a must. So, guess what we are doing? Not sailing this year and have a balcony next year. One more thing to add- the Promenade rooms on Voyager and Freedom class ships look really appealing to me. An inside price with a view too. My BIL booked a Promenade cabin on our sailing and I think it was something like $20 more than a standard inside. Best of luck!

I am doing the same thing. I am going to do two back to back, one 3 day and one 4 day, both with interior rooms. I have a dual purpose. First, I only have one flight to Miami. Second, it wil give me two cruise credits, which bumps me up to platinum. Never stayed in an interior room, but willing to try it.

Hi All!

I can buy two different weekend cruises, one in May and one in September, in an inside stateroom or I can buy one cruise in a suite for either month. What do you think I should do? Go once and spend it all or go twice and be more frugal?:confused: :rolleyes: :)

I love to cruise so I would take 2 cruises anytime over 1 Lorelle

Me too!! There's enough room for both of us...Join me in my party! :D

Last cruise I paid for my married kids and got 2 balcony cabins & they said..."Why did you waste all that money? We would have been happy in an inside!" Go figure! Next time I'll know better. Personally, I've sailed in every catagory cabin you can imagine (except for the suites), and I've never been disappointed in any accomodations. Just get me on a ship...I'm happy!!!

btw...I love your dog. :) ..Is it a Golden Retriever?

Sometimes I think these are trick questions. Definately 2 cruises. My personal feeling is that if you have to question the price, you should not be taking a balcony anyway. You will have a great time in your inside cabin.

Enjoy your free cruise.

Hi All!

I can buy two different weekend cruises, one in May and one in September, in an inside stateroom or I can buy one cruise in a suite for either month. What do you think I should do? Go once and spend it all or go twice and be more frugal?:confused: :rolleyes: :)

Go twice!!

In my "Value System", more days on a ship trumps less days! Two cruises are better than one. :D

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

The main thing is to get on board, then worry about the cabin. It reminds me of my Disney days. My co-workers would spend 8 grand for a week at the Disney hotels, I would spent half and go twice. On trip two I would think of them in the cold as I sat pool-side in the Florida sun, :p

Hi All!

I would not sail in an inside cabin period. Can you get an obstructed ocean view for less money? It's the daylight I desire not the view.

I agree.

I'm pretty sure that Topsider (who hasn't come back yet) is talking about the Sovereign. Category I cabins are usually just a *hair* more expensive than an inside.

Use mohavemommy's handy-dandy schematic for seeing the "unobstructed" obstructed cabins:

2228772470046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

I would not sail in an inside cabin period. Can you get an obstructed ocean view for less money? It's the daylight I desire not the view.

I'm with you! I've never sailed in an inside cabin because I'm afraid I'd go bonkers with clautrophobia.

We are trying to plan to fit in both Sovereign and Mariner before they leave us :(. They both have some great fares this fall if you can fit in the time off and away. (I can't wait to have Freedom and Monarch coming our way for something new, so I'll probably have to try and fit in both of those next year.)

You can keep Mariner if I can keep my Monarch here!:( I know a lot of Cruise Critics are really excited about getting a big girl out here, but I'm going to miss my 3-night weekend cruises on my ship.

Hi All!

Or you could not cruise at all and donate the money for some environmental thing, like anti global warming....

just kidding;) I'd say, take two cruises, beats one! :)

I'd rather go a million times (on a short cruise) in an inside cabin versus paying for the Balcony 1x. Heck, I'd go in bunkbeds inside versus not cruising at all if it were really tight, but we have not had to do that yet (though if gas prices get any higher I might have to consider it!)

It forces me to get out & about around the ship and it is very true that the Promenade type decks are always very quiet and a nice place for a nap... as well as certain very top decks (out of earshot of the bands at the pool.)

I do agree with the posters who said that after a certain length (4 or 5 days) an OV is nice, though on last week's 4 nighter, DD kept the curtains drawn all of the time as she had "too much sun" being outside so much. (A Florida girl not liking the sun -- go figure! Her dream is to live in Seattle!!:p )

I'm so glad that I went for a balcony, but I know people who'd rather do more cruises and don't worry about the room. I just love waking up in the morning and sitting on the balcony and watching the world go by without having to leave my room. Also after a long day in port being able to sit in my room and watching the departure. Of course this can be done from many other locations on the ship.

So good luck picking what you think you'll enjoy the most and go for it, you can't lose either way. I think the 2 most important factors are: is the ship right for you and is the itinerary right for your budget. Enjoy

though on last week's 4 nighter, DD kept the curtains drawn all of the time as she had "too much sun" being outside so much. (A Florida girl not liking the sun -- go figure! Her dream is to live in Seattle!!:p )

Now THAT is funny! :D

Hi All!

I would definitely do TWO cruises instead of one JS. We usually do JS, and have done so our 1 and only time on Sovereign. But, if we were to go again for a 3 day, I would go inside or oceanview. I wouldn't spend the money for a JS.

The food is the same, the entertainment is the same, the pool deck is the same. You get the picture. You probably will be in the room to sleep and get ready for dinner. Usually on a 7 day or longer, we spend more time in the cabin, but if we are going to Nassau for the weekend, I'd be off the ship more than on so my cabin doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Archived