Any events for anniversary couples on HAL?

btobey

Just wondering about this; when we did our honeymoon on Celebrity, they had a "Honeymooners/Anniversary" party one morning where they served cake and mimosas. Does HAL do anything similar?

No party on my W'dam 20th anniversary cruise. You can sign up (and pay) for a renewal of vows ceremony, if you like. Even if you don't, they will bring you a nice cake at dinner on the anniversary date (and sing, unless you ask them not to), and at least in our case (we were in a full suite - don't know if that made a difference) they brought us a card and put balloons on our cabin door.

Last year, our TA advised HAL that it was our anniversary. We got a note from the captain and an Indonesian anniversary song sung at our table by a half dozen waiters. That was really fun. We asked for a translation and one of them wrote it out for us on the back of a menu. Nice little souvenir.

Our TA always notifies HAL about birthdays and anniversaries. If you are in the dining room, some of the waiters will sing Happy Birthday (or Happy Anniversary) and you will get a cake.

We always go to the Pinnacle for a special dinner (we pay) and once our waiter sent the cake over to us. The staff in the Pinnacle are not permitted to sing there.

My wife and I spent our last two wedding anniversaries on HAL ships. Two years ago on the Prinsendam we had dinner in the Pinnacle and there was a cake from the ship. Last year for our anniversary on the Amsterdam we again had dinner in the Pinnacle, thanks to some very good friends on the ship. This Fall we again will be on the Prinsendam and we will celebrate our anniversary as we head across the Atlantic to Ft. Lauderdale. Things couldn't get any better!

Padraic

My husband and I just returned home from the Volendam yesterday. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year and nothing was done. Our waiter, Eko (whom I HIGHLY reccomend he was more than wonderful.) found out from overhearing us discussing our anniversary and delivered a "happiness" cake to our table and he and the other waiters sung to us in Indoniesian. Very nice. My husband inquired to the front desk about not having receptions for anniversaries or weddings anymore and was told that they had been dropped across the line. Its a shame. We honeymooned on the Vendam and really enjoyed the reception. Oh well. :rolleyes:

You can put the anniversary in your cruise personalizer on the HAL website--that's what we did for our 2006 Maasdam cruise. We got a cake at dinner--it was yummy!:D

Where would I find that, I went to my preference, and my advanced preferences, and there was no where to note one's anniversary or birthday.

Where would I find that, I went to my preference, and my advanced preferences, and there was no where to note one's anniversary or birthday.

I haven't seen anywhere to designate this either...

IIRC, we were asked when we booked whether we would be celebrating a special occasion while on board. Just have your TA let them know the occasion and the date. Or call your PCC and tell them yourself, if you booked directly.

I haven't seen anywhere to designate this either...

Well, poo, maybe it's not on there anymore. I've been having a hard time finding stuff for the upcoming (October '08) cruise that I did online for the Oct 06 cruise......Sorry for misleading, if they've changed. Or for my bad memory, whichever is the case. I thought there was a place to signify special events. Maybe for that anniversary our TA told HAL about it. Our last cruise was Princess and we had an anniversary cake with dinner from them as well, so maybe it's only Princess that lets you put special events in the personalizer. I apologize!!

Well, poo, maybe it's not on there anymore. I've been having a hard time finding stuff for the upcoming (October '08) cruise that I did online for the Oct 06 cruise......Sorry for misleading, if they've changed. Or for my bad memory, whichever is the case.

If you booked on-line, and the other posters didn't---there's the reason right there.

If you book on-line you can call up your booking info, and change it, as you wish. If you book via a TA/PCC you cannot access your booking info. You are limited to accessing your check-in form and book shore excursions.

Archived