Just got visited by the upgrade fairy!

On my May 17 Serenade cruise... was upgraded from a G-category OV cabin to an E2 balcony cabin! Is there any rhyme or reason to why they might've done this? Did I just get really lucky for no reason?

(not like I'm complaining mind you)

The reason is you were holding your mouth the right way when the upgrade fairy decided to spread her dust on someone on your cruise!!:p

Even though you probably won't ever know the reason, take you gift, offer your thanks to the fairy, and enjoy your cruise!!:D

The reason is you were holding your mouth the right way when the upgrade fairy decided to spread her dust on someone on your cruise!!:p

Even though you probably won't ever know the reason, take you gift, offer your thanks to the fairy, and enjoy your cruise!!:D

Wrona, are you and your house ok???

On my May 17 Serenade cruise... was upgraded from a G-category OV cabin to an E2 balcony cabin! Is there any rhyme or reason to why they might've done this? Did I just get really lucky for no reason?

How did you find out? Did you just go to your reservation page on RCI site and find it?

Wrona, are you and your house ok???

Yes, me and my family are okay. Although I didn't get much sleep last night (didn't come out of the bathroom until the sirens stopped - after midnight). Lots of damage all around here though. Another friend from these boards and reported that there was minor damage at her work, power out at her home. Most people around here know somebody that either had damage from the storms or was affected by the flooding caused by the storms.

How did you find out? Did you just go to your reservation page on RCI site and find it?

Not the OP, but I found out about my visit when I logged into my reservation and saw my new stateroom!!

Oh well (bottom lip firmly pushed out) no fairy for me:confused: :confused: .

You still have time before you cruise. Keep watching, praying, making your offerings to her and she might bestow some of her dust on you.

I noticed the OP is a May 17 sailing in Alaska. that's early in the season for that cruise & I suspect RCL just has extra cabins. Nice to have happen tho.

Our Canal cruise in 2 weeks is sold out. No cabins to upgrade to.

What happens when the cruise is sold out and you are still waiting for a cabin assignment ?

I am 3 weeks out from a 20 day sold out med cruise with HAL and no cabin number yet.

I hope they haven't forgotten me !!

A few years back on Rhapsody we were booked into an OV on deck 4. Our TA called and told us a JS had opened up and asked did we want it. At $629 pp:eek: . Hell YES!!! She was looking out for us.

As much business as I've thrown her way this year, referring 4 other couples all resulting in cruises in the next 2 months, I would hope she will still look out for us. Nothing recently, tho'

As long as there's another upgrade thread opened (this one) I have a question. If this has been answered in the past obviously I missed it.

I noticed on an RCCL sailing that they had offered a military discount on Cat E1 cabins, but when I went to pseudo-book it to check prices, the only thing available was an E1 guarantee. Now had I booked that guarantee, the worst I could get would be an E1, right?

What might have been the best Cat I might have gotten?

I noticed on an RCCL sailing that they had offered a military discount on Cat E1 cabins, but when I went to pseudo-book it to check prices, the only thing available was an E1 guarantee. Now had I booked that guarantee, the worst I could get would be an E1, right?

Correct, if it was an E1 guarantee the worst cabin you would've gotten would be in the E1 category.

What might have been the best Cat I might have gotten?

Concievably you could've gotten anything from the E1 to the Royal Suite if it was available. But it was just as likely that they would upgrade someone else and you would get their E1 cabin.

Yes, me and my family are okay. Although I didn't get much sleep last night (didn't come out of the bathroom until the sirens stopped - after midnight). Lots of damage all around here though. Another friend from these boards and reported that there was minor damage at her work, power out at her home. Most people around here know somebody that either had damage from the storms or was affected by the flooding caused by the storms.

Sande?

Congratulations - that great! We've been upgraded by RCI in the past and to our knowledge there is no rhyme or reason:rolleyes:. Enjoy!!

Archived