Ship site

Sea and Me

I dodnt believe it at first but looked at cruisecal and the above post is correct...you cant do anything without being a subscriber...I will just get all my info from here and cruise line websites...no need to pay that much for an occasional look at which ships will be with us in port

That is it Lisa. When did they start the registration and paying for it? I use to be able to go on with no problem. Thanks for the info. Wonder if there is another site??

I believe it just changed this week to a pay site. As little as I cruise that is not worth it for us. Is anybody really going to pay that?

My thoughts exactly:mad:

Carol

There was a thread over on the Carnival board about the charge a few days ago. Brian, the owner of the site, had posted on it a few times saying it was a lot of work for no money. Others had commented on how they sent him information for cruise dailies and got no compensation either and it kind of went down hill from there.

He did say he was getting some registrations but most on that thread said they were deleting it from their favorites list.

I was reading the thread over on the Carnival board, and learned that some updated info has been placed on the Cruisecal subscription page:

New Pricing Structure!!!! –

Due to overwhelming response we have a new pricing structure

- A Month to Month subscription is $3 per month.

- A Yearly subscription is $24.99

- A 2 Year subscription is $49.98

These subscriptions automatically renewed but can be cancelled at any time.

Sounds like that may be a little bit better for some folks.

Theron

Thanks....I remember seeing the "cruisecal is down" thread but didn't click on it and thought it was just technical issues.
That how that thread started out and why my link to it in my previous reply sends you to post#14 as that is when talk of the subscription came up.

Someone posted a link to an alternative site there and I bookmarked it: CruiseReport.com - haven't really had time to check it out but looks like it gives similar information. And it's free! :cool:

There's this website, which is fascinating, although for whatever reason, some ships are not being tracked.

The site also features some really interesting information, i.e. world-wide tides, currents, wave heights, wind direction and speed, etc.

MAIN PAGE

http://www.sailwx.info/

CRUISE SHIP TRACKING PAGE

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

There's this website, which is fascinating, although for whatever reason, some ships are not being tracked.

The site also features some really interesting information, i.e. world-wide tides, currents, wave heights, wind direction and speed, etc.

MAIN PAGE

http://www.sailwx.info/

CRUISE SHIP TRACKING PAGE

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

...also, someone suggested this site a week or two ago on a similar post...

By way of example, the link below takes you to a map of the current postion of Celebrity's Galaxy:

*****/schiffspos...?schiff=Galaxy

Someone posted a link to an alternative site there and I bookmarked it: CruiseReport.com - haven't really had time to check it out but looks like it gives similar information. And it's free! :cool:

I just took a look at it. It showed me what I wanted to see AND it was much easier to use and less cluttered than cruisecal (at least the old version - obviously, haven't seen the new).

It's both annoying and bad strategy for cruisecal to lock nonpaying visitors out of all content. Most sites will offer basic free content, then give you extra if you subscribe. That, in combination with making your subscription automatically renew itself, is very unappealing. Goodbye, cruisecal.

Archived