Tiles for 2008 ...

pms4104

I like the ones with Neptune and the Dutch woman. Now I'm curious---I don't know what I got on the Rotterdam in January. :confused: Have to go look.

Thanks for the link. :)

We got 2 of the 3rd in line first row. I'm really missing the individual ship tiles. I was hoping for one of the Noordam. I assume that there will be an inaugural plate and tile for Eurodam when she launches.

The new tiles are nice , but sigh, just not as personal.

GN

I checked. I got another 2007 Statue of Liberty on the Rotterdam. It was given out on February 9, 2008. :rolleyes:

Wonder if I'll get a 2008 on the January, 2009 cruise? ;)

I checked. I got another 2007 Statue of Liberty on the Rotterdam. It was given out on February 9, 2008. :rolleyes:

Wonder if I'll get a 2008 on the January, 2009 cruise? ;)

Or perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised with a 2009!

'Tis a shame I suppose that the ships work off their stockpiled inventory before moving to the new tiles for the new year. Gives you reason to cruise more often or at least later in the year.

Gives you reason to cruise more often or at least later in the year.

I am. I'm on the E-dam for it's inaugural and next cruises. :D

Wonder if I'll get one tile or two for that? ;)

We've been on only one HAL cruise. I'm curious, will we get a single tile when we cruise in June or will my wife and I each receive one? Also, since we are on a b2b (booked as a 14 day) will we receive one each week?

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't recieve tiles on our last two cruises. Might it have been an oversight on the part of our cabin stewards?:confused:

You should have received them, caribbean girl. That's strange. :rolleyes:

We've been on only one HAL cruise. I'm curious, will we get a single tile when we cruise in June or will my wife and I each receive one? Also, since we are on a b2b (booked as a 14 day) will we receive one each week?

DH and I just did our 2nd HAL cruise, and we each received a tile. I would assume you'll received two each...one for each cruise. Hopefully someone will weigh in here who has done b2b's.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't receive tiles on our last two cruises. Might it have been an oversight on the part of our cabin stewards?:confused:

Good Morning Caribbean girl. I was with you on the Westerdam, and I received a card in my cabin explaining that they were temp out of the tiles and mine would be mailed to me in about 4-6 weeks. Haven't got it yet tho.

I was on a March cruise on the Volendam and got this tile - what the heck is it? I mean I know what it IS but it's not even listed on the HAL site (http://www.hollandamerica.com/marine...ty/Main.action) - is it? What year do you suppose it is? Anyone?

I've got that one also Rich, and was assuming it was going to be a 2008 issue. Maybe they're holding it for a 2009 release. It's a copy of one of the old HAL posters like all the ones for 2007 and 2008 are

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't receive tiles on our last two cruises. Might it have been an oversight on the part of our cabin stewards?:confused:

On the Zuiderdam (our second cruise with HAL) we received an invitation to a Mariner Society brunch. There was a tile at eath place setting. The HAL website says Mariners benefits include "A special Collectable gift in your stateroom." What is the norm: brunch or tile left in the cabin?

We didn't get tiles on the Volendam last October. I emailed the Mariner society when we returned home and they mailed them to us.

I much preferred the ship tiles. We have never sailed from New York, we rarely even sail from US ports but we have four Statue of Liberty tiles. I use them as coasters.

DH and I just did our 2nd HAL cruise, and we each received a tile. I would assume you'll received two each...one for each cruise. Hopefully someone will weigh in here who has done b2b's.

We have done quite a few back-to-back cruises and we both have always gotten a tile for each cruise.

In fact, I just posted the pictures of the tiles we got on our recent Veendam cruises.

Archived