Tiles for 2008 ...

pms4104

Also, since we are on a b2b (booked as a 14 day) will we receive one each week?

You may or may not.

When doing a true back to back you would get two tiles each. But since your cruise is also being sold as one longer cruise, presumably with a price break over the total cost of each segment, it may also be treated as one cruise for "tile" and Mariner brunch purposes.

Good Morning Caribbean girl. I was with you on the Westerdam, and I received a card in my cabin explaining that they were temp out of the tiles and mine would be mailed to me in about 4-6 weeks. Haven't got it yet tho.

Oh...did we meet? Sorry I don't remember.:rolleyes: We didn't make the M&G...we forgot.:o We were trying to get 'in' every bit of sunshine on that cruise.

I think I will try to contact HAL and see if they mail them to us. :)

We received the NY/Statue of Liberty tiles when we cruised on the Noordam out of NYC in October.

We were rather surprised to receive the SAME NYC tiles again on our recent Rotterdam cruise in South America.

A bit disappointing, but not the end of the world.

Does anyone know where to get tile hangers that are small enough to hang them?!

Try art/craft stores like Michaels or AC Moore. They should have plate hangers in all sizes--small to extra large. It helps if you have an extra large store nearby--in the past I've had to go to more than one to find exactly what I need....

We're booked on our 2nd HAL cruise in September. Will the tile be delivered by our steward or will we have to go to the Mariner reception to get it? We're traveling with some HAL virgins so they won't be able to go to the reception and as such we'd probably skip it too.

Will the tile be delivered by our steward or will we have to go to the Mariner reception to get it?
It seems to me in the letter inviting me to the Mariner's Brunch there was a line about if you're unable to attend, you may pick the tile up at the Front Office.

On our recent Veendam cruises, we had an RSVP card that we had to turn into either our concierge or the front office indicating that we were going to attend the Mariner's lunch. On that card, it made mention that if you were unable to attend the lunch, you could pick up your tiles at the front office.

We're booked on our 2nd HAL cruise in September. Will the tile be delivered by our steward or will we have to go to the Mariner reception to get it? We're traveling with some HAL virgins so they won't be able to go to the reception and as such we'd probably skip it too.

Not a lot of consistency ... many posters mention the brunch, but on our December Amsterdam sailing, it was a reception (no food except nuts, I think) and the tiles were left by our steward on our bed in the cabin.

Just got a message from Seattle. Our tiles have been mailed. I'm impressed with the quick response.:)

I didn't realize that the tiles are now being given out at the Mariners Reception. I remember having them delivered to our stateroom on other cruises with HAL. On our last one in March, the line for the reception was horrible...just to get into the venue!:rolleyes: For this reason, we passed.

I didn't realize that the tiles are now being given out at the Mariners Reception.

That may vary, cruise to cruise or ship to ship. On the Rotterdam in February the tiles were left in our cabins.

I like it done that way. I don't have to attend the lunch of I don't want, but still don't have to do anything extra to get my tile. :)

It would be nice if HAL would standardize how they handle the "honors" and the tiles. Perhaps it is the Captain who determines the type of affair.

Depending on the ship or sailing, seems there may be a Brunch (food) or a Reception (champagne and nuts). We have been invited to, and have attended, the Reception and our tiles were left by our steward in our cabiin. For those who have been invited to a Brunch, it appears that the tiles may or may not be on the dining tables at the affair. If not there, they are left in the cabin. Unless, they are not distributed at all to some passengers, as witnessed by previous posts.

Guess it's still an evolving work in progress.

Archived