What's so special about hump cabin on Mariner?

The "hump" cabins are convenient--that's the only real thing! The cabins are identical to all others, and the balconies are no larger. (The inside hallway curves, so that no extra space is gained) They are very close to the elevators and stairs, making running back and forth to your room a breeze!

I would do the hump over an aft any day!

The "hump" cabins are convenient--that's the only real thing! The cabins are identical to all others, and the balconies are no larger. (The inside hallway curves, so that no extra space is gained) They are very close to the elevators and stairs, making running back and forth to your room a breeze!

I would do the hump over an aft any day!

Oh wow, we were under the empression that something was larger, be it the room and/or balcony.

I'm having trouble deciding between a hump and an aft myself! Pros and cons to both, and fans of both out there. I had an aft corner JS on the Vision (and will again this November), and it was heaven. However, the Mariner is a lot bigger - more of a walk. I've heard that the aft cabins don't get a lot of sun due to all the superstructure.

So basically, the pros of aft are:

Bigger balcony, loungers maybe

Cons of aft:

Long walk back and forth

Shadier???

Soot (some people notice this, others don't)

More movement/vibration (I did notice vibration on the Vision, but luckily so far I haven't suffered from sea sickness).

I'm probably booking April 19th; the 26th doesn't work for me. I'll try to keep the ship in one piece!:p

Both have advantages. Humps are very convenient , afts have larger, some very large, balconies.

We prefer an aft on the Radiance or Vision class ships ( walk is not too long) and the hump for any larger ship.

Can’t go wrong with either.

M

Archived