Diamond/suite

I think it really depends on the concierge! You will probably be contacted a few weeks prior to your sail date.

The most commonly reported interval is one week before cruise.

And suite denizens only, not Diamonds/+.

Thanks, I am both....So hopefully they will contact me..

Don't get your hopes up. ;) I was on the AOS in January in a Grand Suite and I'm diamond and it was our wedding cruise and I was hoping I'd get an email or call from the concierge and definitley didn't. It would have been really nice because I was hoping I could make a hair appt for my wedding day (I RAN to the spa the second I got on board and just barely got an appt!:eek: ) but no call or email. I guess it must be completely random who they call/email and who they don't....so you never know! However , once you're on board though the concierge DOES call your cabin quite frequently and leaves really long annoying messages and you have to listen to the whole thing before you delete them! :D

Laura

Don't get your hopes up. ;) I was on the AOS in January in a Grand Suite and I'm diamond and it was our wedding cruise and I was hoping I'd get an email or call from the concierge and definitley didn't. It would have been really nice because I was hoping I could make a hair appt for my wedding day (I RAN to the spa the second I got on board and just barely got an appt!:eek: ) but no call or email. I guess it must be completely random who they call/email and who they don't....so you never know! However , once you're on board though the concierge DOES call your cabin quite frequently and leaves really long annoying messages and you have to listen to the whole thing before you delete them! :D

Laura

LOL just what I want annoying messages on vacation...Thanks for the info!

Hi,

I am on AOS shortly and was wondering if previous AOS Suite/Diamond passengers were contacted by the Concierge prior to the cruise? I have heard that, that has happened on other ships.

Thanks

Rhonda

Suite passengers booked in GS and higher should be contacted by the concierge a few days before sail date if RCCL has your email for them to do so and they email you from the ship. Sometimes if people use a TA their email does not get into RCCL's system. They do one cruise at a time so they will begin contacting passengers a week to a few days before sail date in most cases. Diamond members are not contacted unless staying in a suite.

Suite passengers booked in GS and higher should be contacted by the concierge a few days before sail date if RCCL has your email for them to do so and they email you from the ship. Sometimes if people use a TA their email does not get into RCCL's system. They do one cruise at a time so they will begin contacting passengers a week to a few days before sail date in most cases. Diamond members are not contacted unless staying in a suite.

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

Laura

We are Diamond Plus members who sometimes, but not often, book something larger than a JS, but we have never received frequent, long or annoying phone messages from the concierge when we have been onboard. If I did receive a "long annoying message", rather than listen to the whole thing, I would simply hang up the phone. If they were that frequent and annoying, I would speak to the concierge in person.:rolleyes: Most times when the concierge has called our room it has been in response to a question that we asked him or her, or a simple informational call advising us about a special event that we might be interested in (dinner with the captain, invitation for a bridge tour etc.). We have been quite fortunate in having excellent concierges on most of our cruises and when you see how busy they can be if there are a lot of diamond members on a particular sailing it is understandable if they don't have time to call you at home before you sail.:)

We are Diamond Plus members who sometimes, but not often, book something larger than a JS, but we have never received frequent, long or annoying phone messages from the concierge when we have been onboard. If I did receive a "long annoying message", rather than listen to the whole thing, I would simply hang up the phone.

That's what I did at first, but the phone has a blinking red light that doesn't go off unless you listen to the message in full and delete it at the end. A flashing red light at night is quite unpleasant! :D My mom is diamond but was in an inside room for that particular cruise and she got the long messages too. I think it was the concierge just trying to be helpful by listing her services, telling everyone about the concierge lounge, spa services, etc...but I thought it was weird that they would just send out these messages on an almost daily basis for that cruise. Hmmm...

Laura

We are Diamond Plus members who sometimes, but not often, book something larger than a JS, but we have never received frequent, long or annoying phone messages from the concierge when we have been onboard. If I did receive a "long annoying message", rather than listen to the whole thing, I would simply hang up the phone. If they were that frequent and annoying, I would speak to the concierge in person.:rolleyes: Most times when the concierge has called our room it has been in response to a question that we asked him or her, or a simple informational call advising us about a special event that we might be interested in (dinner with the captain, invitation for a bridge tour etc.). We have been quite fortunate in having excellent concierges on most of our cruises and when you see how busy they can be if there are a lot of diamond members on a particular sailing it is understandable if they don't have time to call you at home before you sail.:)

Personally I don't care one way or the other...I was trying to do something for my new M&M friends. :) Nothing is ever going to top the Butler service on Celebrity....I am forever spoiled :)

Archived