Portofino/Chops reservations

debt

Is there any delay in reservations being accepted for Portofino/Chops if you make them through your tv in your cabin or is it best to make a mad dash to the restaurant as soon as you get on board and make them in person?

Is there any delay in reservations being accepted for Portofino/Chops if you make them through your tv in your cabin or is it best to make a mad dash to the restaurant as soon as you get on board and make them in person?

If you want to dine on a certain day and time then phone the restaurant as soon as you board.

If you wait for a few hours you could end up missing out as both book out very fast.

If you want to dine on a certain day and time then phone the restaurant as soon as you board.

If you wait for a few hours you could end up missing out as both book out very fast.

I will ring them as soon as I find my cabin! :D :D

If you want to book a specific time or day, I would strongly recommend you go to the restaurants immediately upon boarding as they book very fast. On AOS last month, we were probably in the first 200 folks on the ship. I went immediately to Portofino's and they already had a significant number of reservations taken. I understand by that afternoon, they were fully booked for the cruise.

... Cal

I like the late seating, but sometimes it can be too late. I think the early is way too early as I like to enjoy the sunshine as long as I can and take my time getting ready for dinner. I'm wondering what would be a good time-maybe 7:30 or 8:00?

I will ring them as soon as I find my cabin! :D :D

If you don't feel like going to the restaurant to make your reservation, and your cabin is not yet available, don't despair. There are "hall phones" all over! Use one of them.

(I just walk up to the restaurant and speak to the maitre d' face to face.:))

FYI - One reason why it seems that Portofino books up early is that people who have Grand Suites and above or are in a certain level on the Crown and Anchor Club has the advantage of booking their reservations before they even board the ship. All they have to do is contact their concierge via E-Mail a few weeks before the ship sails and he/she will take care of this for them. I know because on our last cruise my sister and I were lucky enough to have a Grand Suite and we made our reservations 3 weeks before we boarded. Several days after E-Mailing him I received a confirmation from him confirming our reservations on my sister's birthday.

Since our next cruise will be in a Jr. Suite I'll have to keep my fingers cross that we will get reservations at Portofino's at least one night during our cruise

Maybe our cruise was different, but we were on the Navigator a few weeks ago and stopped by Chops on the 2nd day and they still have several reservations available. We got a 6:30 seat for Thursday night (after booking it on Tuesday)... and STILL hardly anyone was in there when we sat down or left..... strange..... Chops has a $25 upcharge (Portofino's is $20.00)..... and it was worth EVERY penny..... Mange!!!:)

Maybe our cruise was different, but we were on the Navigator a few weeks ago and stopped by Chops on the 2nd day and they still have several reservations available. We got a 6:30 seat for Thursday night (after booking it on Tuesday)... and STILL hardly anyone was in there when we sat down or left..... strange..... Chops has a $25 upcharge (Portofino's is $20.00)..... and it was worth EVERY penny..... Mange!!!:)

Mangia! ;)

mangia2.gif

(mange is a disease and all of the hair falls out! ;) :D)

Sorry to sound silly...but out 1st cruise will be in October. (Souviern)

What is Portofinos and Chops? Is it another restaurant that u have to make reservations at im assuming?

Does it cost extra?

Are kids allowed?

Dress Code?

Is it worth it?

Menu?

thanks so much.

Sorry to sound silly...but out 1st cruise will be in October. (Souviern)

What is Portofinos and Chops? Is it another restaurant that u have to make reservations at im assuming?

Does it cost extra?

Are kids allowed?

Dress Code?

Is it worth it?

Menu?

thanks so much.

Sovereign does NOT have either restaurant so you don' t have to worry about them. Welcome to the boards though. :D

"Smart casual" every night, regardless of dress code that night in the main dining room.

Now I am getting conflicting advice. We were told that if it is formal night and we ate at Portofino we were required to follow the dress code and go formal.

And Mangia is also an Italian word my grandmother (who came to the United States as a teenager from Naples, Italy) use to tell us. "Mangia, Mangia" or "Eat, Eat".

Now I am getting conflicting advice. We were told that if it is formal night and we ate at Portofino we were required to follow the dress code and go formal.

And Mangia is also an Italian word my grandmother (who came to the United States as a teenager from Naples, Italy) use to tell us. "Mangia, Mangia" or "Eat, Eat".

I don't know the source of that advice, lady cruiser, but it is incorrect. As PC and I posted, it is "smart casual" at all times in both Portofino and Chops.

:)

Archived