Portofino/Chops reservations

debt

You are all set, then. Well, as long as you intend to wear PANTS with that dress shirt! ;)

Greaaat. Now I dont get to show off my leopard G-string. *sigh*

Pants it is. But I cant promise to keep them on once dessert comes.

Greaaat. Now I dont get to show off my leopard G-string. *sigh*

Pants it is. But I cant promise to keep them on once dessert comes.

If you dress like a lot of the teenagers in my high school, just bend over - everyone will be able to see that tiger G-string! :eek:

Can you do special orders at Portofino's, like request an ingredient be left off or substituted? Or is everything already pre-assembled, so to speak?

Made to order. Don't want that sauce? Ask 'em to leave it off or put it on the side. It's your dinner, and they make it for you. :)

I'm surprised to read that the restaurants book fast, on my last cruise, my Dh and I went to Portofino after the sail away party and were able to make reservations for the day and time we wanted. When we went the restaurant for dinner, it was nearly empty, only about 5 tables occupied. I was surprised. We asked on our way out if they had any other nights available and were told the 3 remaining nights had some openings. Maybe it was just luck. I'll be ready to go earlier to make reservations this year (7/17/08) - just in case.

I'm surprised to read that the restaurants book fast, on my last cruise, my Dh and I went to Portofino after the sail away party and were able to make reservations for the day and time we wanted. When we went the restaurant for dinner, it was nearly empty, only about 5 tables occupied. I was surprised. We asked on our way out if they had any other nights available and were told the 3 remaining nights had some openings. Maybe it was just luck. I'll be ready to go earlier to make reservations this year (7/17/08) - just in case.

You will never see all of the tables full in the specialty restaurants, this is how they can promise and provide wonderful quality and service :)

###

I am new to the boards and am looking forward to our first cruise in December.

So excuse the naive question. I am looking for advice and recommendations.

Which night is it best to book a speciality restaurant? I know opinions will differ, but that is exactly what I am looking for.

Do you skip a formal night in the main dining room?

Is there a particular night of the week that works best?

Is it best to go on a sea day or after a stop?

Inquiring minds want to know. :p

FYI - One reason why it seems that Portofino books up early is that people who have Grand Suites and above or are in a certain level on the Crown and Anchor Club has the advantage of booking their reservations before they even board the ship. All they have to do is contact their concierge via E-Mail a few weeks before the ship sails and he/she will take care of this for them. I know because on our last cruise my sister and I were lucky enough to have a Grand Suite and we made our reservations 3 weeks before we boarded. Several days after E-Mailing him I received a confirmation from him confirming our reservations on my sister's birthday.

Since our next cruise will be in a Jr. Suite I'll have to keep my fingers cross that we will get reservations at Portofino's at least one night during our cruise

Does anyone know what level C and A you need to be to pre-book in the restaurants?

Archived