Transatlantic tips

debt

I will be on the IOS in november for 13 nights from England to Florida. Part of me is thrilled at the idea of having 9 seas days and part of me is terrified at the idea of having 9 sea days. Does anyone have any tips on sometimes overlooked activities that might be worth checking out? :D :eek:

We are on the same cruise..did it last year on the Navigator..we loved the days at sea...the days went very quickly, there are seminars, shows, shopping, gambling and just exploring the ship. We had a balcony room and sat outside reading and enjoying the salt air...we exercised...dranks....did a wine tasting....believe me you won't be bored....it is very relaxing...not long lines once you get on board...I cannot wait until november.

We are on the same cruise..did it last year on the Navigator..we loved the days at sea...the days went very quickly, there are seminars, shows, shopping, gambling and just exploring the ship. We had a balcony room and sat outside reading and enjoying the salt air...we exercised...dranks....did a wine tasting....believe me you won't be bored....it is very relaxing...not long lines once you get on board...I cannot wait until november.

As November is the mid to end of the hurricane season, aren't you tempting Neptune a bit with a balcony? I toyed with the idea of going for a balcony, but kept having visions of myself on a desolate island with Bob Denver and Alan Hale making a radio out of coconut husks and seaweed. :eek: :eek: :eek:

As November is the mid to end of the hurricane season, aren't you tempting Neptune a bit with a balcony? I toyed with the idea of going for a balcony, but kept having visions of myself on a desolate island with Bob Denver and Alan Hale making a radio out of coconut husks and seaweed. :eek: :eek: :eek:

We have done three transatlantics in September which is even more within hurricane season and on one such cruise the captain had to keep altering his course to avoid the worst effects of Hurricane Gustave. Even so, we had much more good weather than bad and made good use of our balcony on each crossing. We have also cruised in the Caribbean during hurricane season, and while there is obviously a risk of encountering a tropical storm, I believe that there are probably more storm-free weeks between June 1 and November 30th than there are weeks when a storm is wreaking havoc. For my wife and me, at least, the benefits of having a balcony far outweigh any possible drawbacks.:) Westbound transatlantics also have the advantage of offering a number of 25 hour days which make the cruises more relaxing. There is always more than enough going on to keep you occupied on those sea days and one of our best TAs was a seven night one which went from Harwich, England to Boston, MA with no ports of call.:D

You made me giggle! :eek: :D

Are we in neighboring singles, debt? ;) I am on Deck 10, midship.

Are we in neighboring singles, debt? ;) I am on Deck 10, midship.

I opted for a promenade room on deck 6, so if Neptune does through a fit I can go down with Ben & Jerry's.

I don't know if that sounds quite right, but I mean it in a good way.

:D :D

You will be able to do my MOST overlooked activity on a cruise ship....sleep!!

We are usually so busy that sleep becomes secondary.

That was my secret motivation behind taking the TA. Can anyone confirm if the Freedom class ships have hammocks in the solarium? That would be heaven!

I brought lots of DVDS and played them on my laptop. Also bring all the books you want to read, but you'll be surprised how much time you won't have with all the activities.

As space/weight is tight for luggage these days, how does the on board library rate?

Archived