Royal Caribbean & formal wear

First time RCI cruiser here....

On our last cruises onboard Princess, many passengers were dressed to the nines in tuxes and gowns. What's the formal night dress code like onboard the RCI ships....:confused:

About the same. Especially on 7 nighters and up. On the 3 & 4 nighters, you'll see a few tuxes and gowns, but more suits and cocktail dresses.

On our past Princess crusies, I rented a tux and DW brought along a cocktail dress. Looks like we'll be doing the same for the next one as we're taking a 10-day Panama cruise in November and I figure there will be 2 formal nights.

Have sailed on both lines and noticed little if any difference in attention to the suggested dress code. Longer cruises on both lines will have more tuxes and formal wear than on shorter cruises, especially cruises of less than 7 nights. This was also the case on our recent 5 night cruise on Celebrity where those in tuxes were in the very distinct minority.:)

That's a good idea, particularly with the new luggage fees from the airlines.

Its not soo much the fees....but we really like to dress up and what a better way then on a cruise....

On the Princess ships...we never felt out of place....and I figure the same with RCI

Its not soo much the fees....but we really like to dress up and what a better way then on a cruise....

On the Princess ships...we never felt out of place....and I figure the same with RCI

I rented one for my son on our first cruise and it fit very well. (after that, he had so many proms to which he was invited, that it made more sense to buy one for him! With alterations, it still fits. :))

Archived