Frock coat

Summergee

My husband has a black suit with the jacket being an Edwardian-style frock coat. He has had it made for our daughters wedding this June and it would be nice if he could extra use from it, after the wedding.

How would this fit in with the evening dress codes?

Don't know. I hear many people wear kilts with Prince Charlie jackets, but not sure if a frock coat would be appropriate.

for heavensake, of couse its ok to wear a frock coat, how wonderfull he will look, i wish i could be there to see, we were on qm2 last year and an indian couple joined us for dinner dressed in traditioinal formal indian attire, they looked fabulous, formal has many different looks, we don't all have to look like a flock of penguins, lets do something radical shall we, go on!!!!!

My husband has a black suit with the jacket being an Edwardian-style frock coat. He has had it made for our daughters wedding this June and it would be nice if he could extra use from it, after the wedding.

How would this fit in with the evening dress codes?

On the maiden QV TA in january a man in the grills wore one many times & looked great! There is always a lot of kilts on board too. He should wear it with pride:D

Sharon

if the coat in question is double breasted and has peaked lapels it is formal attire and is acceptable / if it is single breasted and has notched lapels it is informal attire and is not acceptable

Archived