Junior Suites

My sister and I are considering booking a junior suite on the Explorer 9 day cruise 10/29/09. Does anyone know what the perks are for Junior Suites or even if there are any:cool:

Two cruise credits, instead of 1

Bigger belcony....by 33%

Full bathtub with shower!

More space...I love space!

BILL

A JS is truly a great way to cruise! IF you've ever had a regular cabin, you know how tight they are! A JS is like a hotel room--plenty of "walk around" space, lots of storage, and the tub!!!! It really makes life easier!!!! (and the walk-in closest, with tons of hanging space, shelves, floor space--you could DANCE in there!)

We took a free upgrade from the 1388/1688 corners to JS 1694. The room was large, the balcony was huge. We really enjoyed the space with both! It's nice to be able to walk around and lounge around in comfort. In fairness to the aforementioned D-1's, the cabins themselves are virtually the same size as the aft JS. If they were available, I probably wouldn't pay extra just for the JS.

2903563290039822749S425x425Q85.jpg 2317247490039822749S425x425Q85.jpg 2706592700039822749S425x425Q85.jpg

Great photos CLQ - we had a Grand Suite on our last cruise on the Voyager and went down to a Jr. Suite for our next cruise. It saved us $800.00 by down grading. Your photos made me glad we made that decision.

Not all of the Balconys for JS cabins are that big, I believe that is an Aft :)

###

A JS is truly a great way to cruise! IF you've ever had a regular cabin, you know how tight they are! A JS is like a hotel room--plenty of "walk around" space, lots of storage, and the tub!!!! It really makes life easier!!!! (and the walk-in closest, with tons of hanging space, shelves, floor space--you could DANCE in there!)

Walk In Closet is only on Freedom and Voyager Class plus Serenade of the Seas. When we found this out, we are very limited as my wife loves the Walk In Closet.

Here's a Youtube.com video of a JS on the Explorer. This guy did a nice tour for us.

We're staying in an aft JS on the Explorer on May 9th. I understand the the balconies in the aft junior suites are much larger but the view is obstructed. The additional space on the balconies is very important for us. My family booked 4 Junior Suites...all in a row across the aft. There's 5 kids between the families. The plan is that the kids can fall asleep in one room while we hang out on the balcony and enjoy some late night beverages! The fun doesn't have to stop just because the kids have to go to sleep.

Another perk for booking a JS is that you get priority embarkation. I understand that the embarkation process can be "hit or miss" in Bayonne so I'm glad to be assured the priority boarding. Early boarding also means that you can get to the Windjammer before the majority of the passengers. I understand that the Windjammer get full quickly as there are 500 seats for 3000 passengers.

Good luck with your decision.

Does the balcony have a full size table or just the small low one? Lounges or chairs?
Let me respond to 2 or 3 posts.

If you read my post carefully, or went to the RCI diagram, then we know we're talking about an aft JS on Voyager-class corresponding to my pictures. That's my context. On Voyager-class aft JS the table is full size. A family of 4 can easily sit around it for a meal. We only took the free upgrade to a JS Guarantee (a "blind" move when you take it) on an informed gamble that we could then have our TA select from the available JS's and make a move to keep us aft. Otherwise, in many ways the upgrade would've been a downgrade from 1688/1388 (especially in balcony size).

As for obstruction, I hate that the Search feature is down. This is a much-discussed topic. And the opinions vary along beauty-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder type lines. We love the 10th deck aft view. Guideline is that the higher you go, the less a factor the superstructure is. We've never felt as though it was an issue for us. We've spent hours out there enjoying the wake and the view in general. But, I understand that others might go out and not see anything but the ship's superstructure. You'd have to try it and decide.

We had loungers, but they were the oversized upright kind with an ottoman like piece. I would've preferred the flat loungers that have multiple positions. I believe these vary from ship to ship, and maybe even deck to deck. But we were fine with what we have. Below, you'll see my dw EBQ in one of the large uprights on our balcony. Notice that there's also a smaller table next to here there.

The closet was nice, but not what I think of as a "walk-in". More like a step-in, and for us not all that much larger than 1688's closet had been space-wise. Just a different configuration. The tub-shower was nice, but we're pretty average sized people. We do fine in the regular showers on board. The extra C&A point was as good an incentive for us to take the upgrade as any. That, and did I mention that the balcony on the aft JS was huge?

2673332630039822749S200x200Q85.jpg

Wow that is a lot of info in a short period of time. Thank you!

Can anyone recommend a Jr. Suite on The Explorer?

Yes, look for 1394 or 1694. They're side by side, 10th deck aft JS's. They'll be just like the pictures I've posted here.

Not all of the Balconys for JS cabins are that big, I believe that is an Aft :)

###

That is way it was as big as our balcony we had while in the GS. Oh well, as long as I am on a RCL ship and have a balcony I am a happy cruiser.

Can anyone tell me how far the curtain goes across the room in the Jr Suite on Legend of the Sea? Is there any privacy if MIL is sleeping on the pull out sofa?

We had an aft JS on the Legend last August; pictures in the link below; the curtain only extends a couple of feet out from the wall. I just added a picture of it to our Aft Cabin album in the link below.

We also had an Aft JS on the Explorer, Deck 6, loved the high table on the baclony.

Kathy:)

All this wonderful info - that I will never ever find again when I go to post a bigger cruise for DH and me for our 20th. :(

I'm going to have to start saving posts to an off line folder.

Your link to this thread will stay in your User CP section until you unsubscribe from it. That's how I keep the links I know I will want to reference in the future.

Kathy:)

At some of the terminals Priority Embarkation is offered to all suite guests and JS is included on that list.

Does Cape Liberty offer Priority Embarkation for JS?

That is a good question because that is the port I am going to be using.

I also have another question. The extra credit for a Junior Suite only kicks in after you have completed your first cruise right? I wanted to know whether I should upgrade my room for my December cruise.

I also have another question. The extra credit for a Junior Suite only kicks in after you have completed your first cruise right? I wanted to know whether I should upgrade my room for my December cruise.

Yes, you will only get the credits after the cruise. And god only knows how long it will take to physically appear on the web site. :rolleyes: ;) But they always assure me that THEY see the correct credits. :)

You definitely get priority boarding at Cape Liberty. Not sure if I understand your second question - as long as you sign up for C&A after (or during) your cruise, you get the two credits for the JS even if it's your first time on Royal.

Most of your questions have been answered, I just wnted to add DH and I had JS on Explorer, AFT and it was way better then regular JS, as there was larger cabin and 144 sq.ft balcony. We fell in love with this cabin.

And we did get priority embarkation for a JS on our cruise.

Have fun!

We will be joining the Mariner in Port Orlando on Sunday. Do you know if the priority is offered for the JS at that port? I would hate to get in the wrong line!

Junior Suites get priority in Port Canaveral. We had it on our last cruise..... I hope you have a great Mariner cruise :D

Archived