Aft Cabins

Coco Creek

I have noticed on HAL ships, the AFT cabins seem to last quite a while. On Celebrity ships, they are gone the first day of sale.

Are there some problems with AFT cabins on HAL ships? I would love to know because I have an AFT cabin on the Eurodam in December.

No problems that I know of. Some don't like them because they perceive there will be more motion back there. And some may fear uncomfortable vibration from the engine/screws. But they are great cabins.

Among HAL cruisers, the aft corner suites are grabbed up pretty quickly. Maybe many folks have not yet discovered the benefit of being able to see port and starboard views at the same time, and having a deeper verandah.

No problems that I know of. Some don't like them because they perceive there will be more motion back there. And some may fear uncomfortable vibration from the engine/screws. But they are great cabins.

Among HAL cruisers, the aft corner suites are grabbed up pretty quickly. Maybe many folks have not yet discovered the benefit of being able to see port and starboard views at the same time, and having a deeper verandah.

Thanks jhannah. You have given me confidence that I am going to enjoy some beautiful sunrises and sunsets from the aft of the Eurodam.

I have noticed on HAL ships, the AFT cabins seem to last quite a while. On Celebrity ships, they are gone the first day of sale.

Are there some problems with AFT cabins on HAL ships? I would love to know because I have an AFT cabin on the Eurodam in December.

These are wonderful! I always sail in 7132 on the Oosterdam and a friend always takes 7133. In fact, we just turned down an upgrade to the Penthouse on our next sailing for $699 per person because we love our suites!:D

Did you book directly thru HAL or a TA? I'm curious because we have cruised many times with HAL and have never been offered an upgrade for a fee. Do you have to book directly to get an upgrade for a price offer? Happy Sailing!

Did you book directly thru HAL or a TA? I'm curious because we have cruised many times with HAL and have never been offered an upgrade for a fee. Do you have to book directly to get an upgrade for a price offer? Happy Sailing!

Actually, I am a TA. I see it happen all the time, it is usually a VA or similar into a SS or similar, then the SS up to a SA-SC, then SA-SC up to Penthouse. Rarely will they skip categories and offer say a VA an upgrade to an SC. This is the first time I've seen it with the PH, this is actually the second offer, the first was earlier in the week for $999 per person, I guess no one bit on that offer... If you are working with a TA, make sure they are checking their faxes, these offers have ALWAYS been faxed to me.

heavenly, I can't afford the suite you have but I'd like to know about the aft VA cabin right next door on deck 7. Does it have a good sized balcony and is it mostly sunny? Thanks

These are great cabins! The verandah is really large but you do lose a little space in the cabin, we love them. Last October we had everything from 7133 to 7132, the entire area back there, and opened up all the balconies, that was a lot of fun. :)

Now I understand. I thought HAL was faxing you directly as a passenger, not sending TA-intended faxes. We booked with an online TA and I doubt they contact their clients to extend the HAL upgrade for a fee offers. Well I should say, we have used them many times and they have never contacted us about an upgrade. Too bad, it would be nice to know and maybe consider it if reasonable. We are currently booked as a VF Guarantee so I guess we will have to wait and see how kind HAL is to us. :o Happy Sailing!

heavenly, I can't afford the suite you have but I'd like to know about the aft VA cabin right next door on deck 7. Does it have a good sized balcony and is it mostly sunny? Thanks
You're asking about the Eurodam, right? None of us can say for sure yet, of course, but speculating from the similarity to the Noordam I would guess that the aft VAs will be the standard 9' wide, about 8' to 10' deep (i.e., not as deep as on the Oosterdam or pre aft-lift Westerdam or Zuiderdam) and about half covered.

Archived