AquaSpa Cafe

Hootsie

My experience wasn't a menu - but rather selections served cafeteria style (M class ship)

Fruit plate

Salmon with dill lemon sauce

Gazpacho that was so good I threatened to only eat it - all meals!

Gosh, don't remember what else. A shrimp thingy. A chicken thingy. Small selections - but yummy and light that changed every day. Lovely midday meal, and allowed room for sushi, canapes, dinner and dessert.

I never felt like I got really hungry on the ship - was helpful to eat a lighter lunch.

They also have salads and fruit....or a veggie plate, with

example, cold sliced marinated eggplant, sort of meditteranian

style.

Sometimes they offer a cold pasta primarvera.

I agree with the others, it is quite good and I enjoy

eating there too.

I've always loved the food in the AquaSpa cafe. They quite often offer grilled brochettes. I especially enjoyed one of lightly curried chicken. I have also had some excellent lamb kebabs.

I understand that it is the staff from the specialty restaurants that prepare the food for the AquaSpa cafe.

Nothing is served hot..it is all laid out on ice and each plate taken is replaced by another...the soup is also cold soup..my favourite is their fruit soup...just delightful.

My husband eats there everyday for lunch...I usually join him and then have another dessert in the buffet dining room...it is every bit as good as they say it is and particularly on hot weather cruises.

Nothing is served hot..it is all laid out on ice and each plate taken is replaced by another...the soup is also cold soup..my favourite is their fruit soup...just delightful.

My husband eats there everyday for lunch...I usually join him and then have another dessert in the buffet dining room...it is every bit as good as they say it is and particularly on hot weather cruises.

Hi Heather,:) just wondered if you still keep in touch with

Jeff and Susan. Not sure if you remember but 2 years ago

I had the pleasure of their company on Millennium and they

spoke very highly of you and your hubby:)

Hi Heather,:) just wondered if you still keep in touch with

Jeff and Susan. Not sure if you remember but 2 years ago

I had the pleasure of their company on Millennium and they

spoke very highly of you and your hubby:)

Hi Lois...yes we do but we have not sailed with them recently unfortunately...they do the "round the horn" kinda stuff .. we would be unable to keep up with them much as we enjoy sailing!!!!. Aren't they a terrific couple ? They certainly won' t be on our next cruise ..repo Summit... SOU to BCN sail date 29th April...too tame for them!

Yvonne

Thanks! It sounds great. I'm sure we'll be eating our lunches there (and even some dinners). We're not much into rich foods.

If I am not mistaken, the Aqua Spa is only open till 8:00pm.

Maybe someone who has been on an M-class ship recently

can say for sure (or on Century).

Sorry to disagree with you, Heather, but on all the Celebrity ships I have sailed, Aquaspa offers a number of hot items, usually grilled, but not always. In my experience, these offerings have been posted on a small board in the Aquaspa area, sometimes on the back wall. These items are usually freshly prepared for you, and may take up to 15 minutes to be ready. Staff from the Aquaspa will bring them to your table.

The first time I discovered the Aquaspa (on a tip from these boards) I didn't know about the hot items menu, and didn't look for it. What a shame! These are almost always my favourite Aquaspa items.

Sorry to disagree with you, Heather, but on all the Celebrity ships I have sailed, Aquaspa offers a number of hot items, usually grilled, but not always. In my experience, these offerings have been posted on a small board in the Aquaspa area, sometimes on the back wall. These items are usually freshly prepared for you, and may take up to 15 minutes to be ready. Staff from the Aquaspa will bring them to your table.

The first time I discovered the Aquaspa (on a tip from these boards) I didn't know about the hot items menu, and didn't look for it. What a shame! These are almost always my favourite Aquaspa items.

Hi Elena,:) I have never been served anything hot either.

I have never even seen any hot dishes for lunch.

Hi Elena,:) I have never been served anything hot either.

I have never even seen any hot dishes for lunch.

Hi Lois!

There's usually a small blackboard or whiteboard with the hot items hand-written on it. There are usually two to three selections, and they grill them for you to order, and deliver them to your table, so you wouldn't see them on display.

No one points the small menu out to you, which is why I missed it my first time on the Constellation. But the hot items are SO good. As I mentioned, I had curried chicken brochettes, some kind of Caribbean turkey brochette, lamb kebabs and grilled salmon. The last time I travelled on a Millennium class ship was May 2007. I sure hope they haven't discontinued the hot items in the interim!

How's the weather in Florida? We had snow here yesterday :mad: ...a white carpet under the pink blooms of my cherry trees.

Elena, I will be in your neighborhood in September:)

It is about 80 and sunny here today.

When I sail Infinity in December I am going to look

for that blackboard!;)

Elena, I will be in your neighborhood in September:)

It is about 80 and sunny here today.

When I sail Infinity in December I am going to look

for that blackboard!;)

I guess that's why so many Canadians spend so much time in Florida and Arizona!

We're heading down to Napa for 4 days on Thursday. We all need some warm weather.

September is usually a really good time to visit Vancouver. I know that you have a friend here in Vancouver, but if you are arriving a day or two early and there are parts of Vancouver and area that you haven't seen yet, I'd be happy to drive you around and act as your tour guide. I've been on the boards here since 2004 (lurking then posting) and I feel as if I know you. Isn't it silly how that works!

Hi, thanks for the offer:)

I am staying in Seattle and taking the train up to Vancouver

the morning of the cruise. Leaves at 7:30am and arrives up

there about noon I think.

From what I have been told the Sept cruise is leaving

from Ballantyne:eek:. I will take a cab over there.

Yes, I just looked at the schedule and Mercury sails from

there.

I wish we were sailing from Canada Place though!

I must admit I have never seen anyone having anything hot in the Aquaspa and after so many visits there ...even after so many cruises on Mclass ships I am surprised to hear they offer any hot dishes. In fact I have never even see a board offering anything..but we'll be on an M class ship next Tuesday for 12 nights so I will look for what you say is available..never saw it on Century last trip either. You would think if it was publicised as well as you say someone would have ordered something though?????My husband will certainly have a good look as he prefers to eat lunch there every day and he is very interested in what is available so I will tell to be sure to test this out.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Even the soup is cold every day...never ever had hot soup there ????

I must admit I have never seen anyone having anything hot in the Aquaspa and after so many visits there ...even after so many cruises on Mclass ships I am surprised to hear they offer any hot dishes. In fact I have never even see a board offering anything..but we'll be on an M class ship next Tuesday for 12 nights so I will look for what you say is available..never saw it on Century last trip either. You would think if it was publicised as well as you say someone would have ordered something though?????My husband will certainly have a good look as he prefers to eat lunch there every day and he is very interested in what is available so I will tell to be sure to test this out.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Even the soup is cold every day...never ever had hot soup there ????

I wouldn't say it was well-publicized...the board with the list is smallish, perhaps 14"x18" and looks very informal. I know I didn't notice it at all the first time I went to the Aquaspa. But I'm sure I didn't imagine those curried chicken brochettes! :o I'm a Scot by birth (Inverness)...would I lie to another Scot??:D

Do please let us know if they are still offering these items at the Aquaspa after you sail next week.

If I am not mistaken, the Aqua Spa is only open till 8:00pm.

Maybe someone who has been on an M-class ship recently

can say for sure (or on Century).

Thanks for letting me know. We're early dinner eaters anyway so the 8pm close wouldn't be a problem.

Hi, thanks for the offer:)

I am staying in Seattle and taking the train up to Vancouver

the morning of the cruise. Leaves at 7:30am and arrives up

there about noon I think.

From what I have been told the Sept cruise is leaving

from Ballantyne:eek:. I will take a cab over there.

Yes, I just looked at the schedule and Mercury sails from

there.

I wish we were sailing from Canada Place though!

The train trip should be lovely. We have always been meaning to take the train trip to Seattle, but just haven't managed it yet.

I am sailing on the Mercury (4 days)right after you...I'll be getting on in Seattle as you get off. Too bad you are not doing a B2B!

I haven't used the Ballentyne pier yet, but certainly do like Canada Place. I hear that they have made improvements at Ballentyne, though.

I wouldn't say it was well-publicized...the board with the list is smallish, perhaps 14"x18" and looks very informal. I know I didn't notice it at all the first time I went to the Aquaspa. But I'm sure I didn't imagine those curried chicken brochettes! :o I'm a Scot by birth (Inverness)...would I lie to another Scot??:D

Do please let us know if they are still offering these items at the Aquaspa after you sail next week.

Hi Elena,

I'll certainly take your word for this.... we have no reason to doubt anyone else's experience and although I am a lowland Scot as compared to a Highland ( from Inverness) Scot I am big enough to say I stand corrected.

I have to admit when the cruises we do have cold weather I beat it back to the general buffet to choose from the hot menu... but my husband sticks it out at the Aquaspa...now we'll be able to eat together!

I have caught up with this thread this morning and see there is verification from another poster who confirms your memory was not playing tricks...so unless they have all -of -a - sudden cancelled the hot dish choice in the Aquaspa just as we have the up to date story sorted out.... I won't bother to report back.

Slainge!

Archived