Nothin but CRUISING on my mind.. LOL

needalatte74

• 3 weeks later...

LOL!! yes, me too!

I have a wedding I'm coordinating for a friend (the Wedding Enforcer)... and a handfasting ceremony I'm performing for another friend and her partner... both of those are in August. Oh, and a Ren Festival we always go to (gotta get wench-y!).

Naturally, there is WORK stuff, but... pfffffft... that always gets done.

Before the cruise, I need to clean the house, too!

I have a high school graduation and party, and also an 8th grade graduation coming up in 2 weeks. We're having our bathroom remodeled, starting the morning after we return from our cruise. (June 30th) I still haven't picked out or ordered anything for that, and it must be done before we sail so it will be here waiting for the contractor for the 30th.) I'm going to do some serious looking and hopefully order next week.

All I can think about is our cruise, and to make matters worse, we received our docs this week. I have a pile of vacation clothes that were ordered online stacking up in the bedroom. I might pull out a suitcase this weekend and set them inside. Too early?

I think we are all in the same boat. We have a high school graduation, three themed honor nights, along with work and cleaning the house. Somehow they all seem to get done as time keeps marching on, but here we sit reading Cruise Critic, what else is there? Oh yes, planning more cruises.

Indeed we're all in the same ship, i just started planning on my next cruise, and that same night i dreamed with the mariner of the seas, instead of planning a cruise i should be studying for my exams

Us and our addictions.

I'm graduating high school on thursday and going on a date tuesday yet all I can do is contemplate which bikini I should buy online and how many times cruise critic/carnival.com updates their message board.

14 days....

I thought I was bad several weeks ago when I first saw this post, NOW I'm off the charts! Yes folks, just about 36 hours til we leave Penna. for the beautiful

Emerald City, then we board the Oosterdam on

Sat. May 31st and the adventure begins! I have a million and one last minute things to do, BUT....here I am, glued to this website, reading and re-reading posts, laughing out loud at some of the comments, and imagining what lies ahead. I cannot wait! Our second time to Alaska, but feels like the first - all over again!

Enjoy your anticipation - and spend as much time here as you like. Dreaming is half the fun! Alaska - here we come!!!

I think I have you all beat. I have three kids' birthday parties, a HUGE party at our house in the summer and I'm running a marathon in October, but I'm not thinking about any of it...and our cruise isn't until March of 2009!!

I don't think I can make it.

I have a high school reunion, grad parties to go to - and all I can think about are cruises - NOT 'a' cruise, but cruises with an "S" at the end!!

All day today, I kept thinking of them - I just got off the Boat, so to speak from our Alaska cruise May 3 to the 17th - I have 2 more signed up for and 3 future cruises bought - am I addiced or what !! and today I am thinking, I need to go on the MOnarch before it leaves Southern Cal..

Corkey Carol

I have a high school reunion, grad parties to go to - and all I can think about are cruises - NOT 'a' cruise, but cruises with an "S" at the end!!

All day today, I kept thinking of them - I just got off the Boat, so to speak from our Alaska cruise May 3 to the 17th - I have 2 more signed up for and 3 future cruises bought - am I addiced or what !! and today I am thinking, I need to go on the MOnarch before it leaves Southern Cal..

Corkey Carol

I wish I had that many cruises planned. All I do is think about cruises and wishing that I could have more planned. I'm actually considering a second job to pay for my addiction.

Corkey Carol

Hi Carol. I was cruising on the Monarch with you to Alaska. Great cruise with all the Sourdoughs. I think my addiction is worse than most...I have 14 cruises booked all the way through April 2010 and looking to add Hawaii in September 2009. Haven't booked that yet, my credit card needs to col off a little first.

Flying out to Illinois to see my DB and all I keep doing is checking these boards....and I still have to finish packing. :eek:

Lisa

Hi Carol. I was cruising on the Monarch with you to Alaska. Great cruise with all the Sourdoughs. I think my addiction is worse than most...I have 14 cruises booked all the way through April 2010 and looking to add Hawaii in September 2009. Haven't booked that yet, my credit card needs to col off a little first.

Flying out to Illinois to see my DB and all I keep doing is checking these boards....and I still have to finish packing. :eek:

Lisa

Wow Lisa!! you go girl!! sorry I missed everyone - I missed the M & M cuz I was so sick - then all those ports, and all I did was nap - and the 14 days was over and I didn't meet anyone except for Janet from PA the last day - you have lots of time to cruise!! I wanted to meet Trish - she knows someone I know whom I cruised with last NOv so hopefully I can hook up with her even tho' we are now NOT on the Serenade!! Corkey Carol

Wow Lisa!! you go girl!! sorry I missed everyone - I missed the M & M cuz I was so sick - then all those ports, and all I did was nap - and the 14 days was over and I didn't meet anyone except for Janet from PA the last day - you have lots of time to cruise!! I wanted to meet Trish - she knows someone I know whom I cruised with last NOv so hopefully I can hook up with her even tho' we are now NOT on the Serenade!! Corkey Carol

Ps.... please post on the Diamonds Board - I am on that all the time!! Carol

Actually just found that board, usually post on the thread of the sailing I'm on. BTW I wrote Monarch, I meant Serenade....oops.:rolleyes:

Lisa

Hee hee!! yes, I caught that re: MOnarch / Serenade... I am so fascinated with all the cruises you have taken!!! I am soooo jealous!! You are most welcome to post on the Diamond thread -- Corkey Carol

Ok...here is my story. Graduations, Future In-Law visiting, Home stuff, Work stuff, Kids stuff, Boyfriend stuff, Finishing up final plans for our wedding in 92 days (I know it is 92 days because our cruise is in 99 day and we are getting married 7 days before..how sad is that?) .....And all that anyone has seen of me in the last 2 months is the back of my head as I search through every inch of these boards, hoping to find secrets and fun stuff for our honeymoon cruise. I have joined the roll-calls on Cruise critic and Carnival.com, planned our excursions and checked out every island in detail. Posted messages a dozen times or so...read everything that there is available on and off these sites and yet I still sit here day after day perusing the boards hoping something new will pop up that I have somehow over looked...this thread being an ideal example. We have also planned our cruises for the next 10 years. 2-50th b-days & 2 wedding anniversaries. Think I am gonna start making up reasons to cruise..."hey look it is Tuesday...let's go on a cruise"

Intervention...INTERVENTION....Nah.....More cruises....MORE CRUISES!!!!

For all of you cruising soon...take a moment of silence during your trips for all of us poor shlubs that are still waiting for our turn on the open seas.

Jeanne

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going on my first cruise 8/09 and I cant stop checking out this site. I am obsessed and glad to see I am not alone. "A clean house is a sign of a life mispent". I am daydreaming about my cruise and will clean the day before I leave. LOL

Archived