MARINER SOCIETY NEWS....... Margaret Binnendyk is Retiring

sail7seas

Margaret Binnendyk has been Director of HAL's Mariner Society since 1996 and was the first to have that position. Next week will be her last with HAL and Mariners Society. She is retiring after having been with HAL for over 25 consecutive years but with the company for a total of about 31 years.

So many of us here on CC have interacted with Margaret and her team. Many have sailed with her. She built Mariners Society and has helped Mariners through the years with all our questions and requests and in so many ways. She will be very missed and I know we all send Margaret our very Best Wishes for Good Health and Happiness in her Retirement. It's hard to think of Mariners Society without her at the helm.

Congratulations to Margaret on a job well done. Best wishes for a long and happy retirement. :)

And best wishes, too, to her successor Jo Ann Taylor. I'm sure she will continue with the Tradition of Excellence we've all come to know.

The departure of Margaret will leave huge void to be filled.

She and the Mariners' Society have been one and the same for so many years that it's difficult to imagine she will no longer be a part of the program.

Best wishes for a happy retirement:)

And good luck to the next Society Director. The bar has been set very high by your predecessor.

I was going to post this. Glad you beat me to it S7S.

Margaret was simply the best.

Once, HAL's computer kept sending Mariner notes to Mrs. M and my brother. As much as Mrs. M loves her brother-in-law, she felt it would be best if she and I were listed together. Margaret good naturedly fixed the problem.

Sea King is correct: The bar is very high.

We wish her a very enjoyable retirement and, hopefully, lots of sea days.

Tot Zions!

first and foremost to Margaret, heartful thanks for all you did for so many people and the best for the future .. wherever that may take you

what mystifies and upsets me, however, is how few CC posters commented or sent best wishes to the post begun by Sails

Margaret was available 24/7 to all Mariners .. regardless of whether you sailed in a suite or inside cabin; whether you were on a 7 day Carribean or the World Cruise

if anyone deserves accolades, it is Margaret

hopefully, many of you will agree and join in

Archived