Cafe Promenade

WEELYNCRUZER

I enjoy sitting at the cafe promenade and drinking a free cup of Seattles best coffee and munch on a cookie. I have been on 11 rccl cruises. I realize they only have grand promenades on the voyager and freedom class ships. Does anyone know why you have to pay for coffee and cookies on the vision class ships at cafe latte? We are going on the Jewel to Scandanavia-Russia in Aug and IT may seem pety but that takes away from the cruise.We have an opportunity to do a repo cruise on the Jewel in 2009 and I'm not thrilled because of it. I do look forward to going on the Independence in Feb. Who says size doesn't matter?

You should only be paying for coffee if it's a specialty coffee. It's that way on Voyager/Freedom Class also. Regular coffee is free on all RC ships.

Also, are you sure about the cookies? I've never seen RC charge for the cookies on any of their ships.

I enjoy sitting at the cafe promenade and drinking a free cup of Seattles best coffee and munch on a cookie. I have been on 11 rccl cruises. I realize they only have grand promenades on the voyager and freedom class ships. Does anyone know why you have to pay for coffee and cookies on the vision class ships at cafe latte? We are going on the Jewel to Scandanavia-Russia in Aug and IT may seem pety but that takes away from the cruise.We have an opportunity to do a repo cruise on the Jewel in 2009 and I'm not thrilled because of it. I do look forward to going on the Independence in Feb. Who says size doesn't matter?
Hmmm . . . that makes little sense.

Honestly, when we booked Mariner last fall we didn't pay any attention to Cafe Promenade; however, it turned out to be one of the hits of the cruise. DH and I loved those little sandwiches, and our girls loved the pizza. DH, the early waker, got up early every morning and enjoyed coffee and a pastry (hobbit-style, he called it First Breakfast) in the CP. We thoroughly enjoyed that place!

However, if I were determined that a smaller ship was a better match for my family (or if the price was better), I would not let CP be a determining factor. Most of the things available there are also available at the Windjammer.

On the Radiance class there is a coffee station right outside the Windjammer where you can get the free coffee.

Yes, at Caffe Lattetudes on the Radiance class you can only get a free pastry if you order a specialty coffee. So if you want free coffee and a cookie, just get your coffee from the station outside the Windjammer and go into the Windjammer and grab your cookies.

I loved the cafe. the only cookies available no the buffet of Rhapsody and Voyager were coconut, but they had several varieties at the cafe. I cant eat anything with coconut and love cookies, especially raisen oatmeal. The pizza was also much improved and piping hot.

The cafe was much more convenient to our cabin.

Thanks for your imput. Maybe it's just me but I find the quality of coffee much better in the cafe promenade than the coffee station in the Windjammer. I 'm not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I have 1 cup in the morning and 1 at 3 pm. I drink starbucks or dunkin donuts at home. I do order Seattles Best VIA mail on occasion. Because I only drink 2 cups a day I want the best. Am I the only one that notices the difference? I can afford to pay at cafe latte. If I remember correctly it was about a buck. I just miss sitting at the promenade and people watching and meeting new people.

I love their toffee cookies.

I sit in there sometimes and read if I need a break from being outside in the sun. Can't drink the coffee though, tastes weird. I stick with the hot chocolate.

I`m Canadian, and we ( about 75 % ) mostly drink Tim Horton`s coffee

which is a light blend. So when i taste RC coffee , its not my favourite ,

too strong and too bitter. The specialty coffee is fine though, but you gotta pay. The water also has a chemical flavor, you have to go for the

lemonade , it kills the taste .

Archived