Wow. I am shocked Carnival is chartering Splendor

Jenna1983

Could you repeat that bornyankee? LOL. Just messin' with ya.

Jenna... How was the cruise? I remember hearing about it on here, then after the fact I read about it in Blender magazine. It sounded like a blast and really laid back. I think I read that he had been drinking and said something during one of his shows like you know I'm going to have to pee (keeping it clean here). Anyway, it's really cool that he stays onboard the entire cruise too. I want to go!

LOL, The cruise was fun. It's definitely a different cruise experience. Going into it, I was really skeptical. I was expecting drunk 21-24 year olds all of the time. However, the majority of the cruisers were 35+. My friends and I were on the younger end (22-26). I personally was really disappointed in the food as well as my friends (And I think it was subpar because really, most people could not care less on that type of cruise, but I was disappointed because I'm used to good food on Carnival).

I don't think we'll see a repeat of Borat. But it was probably the best time I've had on the ship. It was busy, busy, busy. And John was out and about at times, but we literally only saw him outside of the pool deck show and concert, twice. The first time was on our way to our cabin and he was standing like a foot away in the hall. Then after his lido deck show when he was going to "sleep." lol If you want to hear more, you can always email me jmc634 at psu.edu

It is true. Our site now has our Message board listed as "Mayercraft Carrier 2: March 27-31, 2009 Long Beach to Cabo San Lucas" And the ship has been changed to Splendor etc. I imagine they'll be adjusting the stuff soon. We're to get the official email with all of the booking details Monday morning.

That would be cool to see him with Ben Folds Five. I like them too.

I talked to hubby about it last night. We are in. Would you mind posting here or forwarding to rzorbackfan23 at yahoo dot com when you get the booking information? YAY! Thanks!

jenna what message board are you refering too carnival say they know nothing about this ?????

http://www.mayercraftcarrier.com/

This is actually the site for the 2008 cruise, but if you click on the message board link, you can see right at the top they have the date for the next cruise. I am sure whomever you get at the 1800# doesnt know about it yet, because Jenna said in her earlier posts that it was supposed to be officially announced Monday (or something like that).

I personally was really disappointed in the food as well as my friends

Were you disappointed more in the food, or your friends? Are you still friends or was the cruise the end of the friendships? :p

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Yeah, I think the difference between the Springfield cruise and the Mayer cruise is that you could easily fit all Rick Springfield fans in the world on one deck, while Mayer has a big following.

I'm not sure I'd want to see anyone in the Borat speedo...not even Borat. But, if Mayer brings his new g/f Jennifer onboard, that may be a moot point.

While I'm no John Mayer fan, it does sound like a fun time to cruise with your favorite band, (even if they insist on some pretty tasteless swimwear!!!).

Enjoy!

I just called and was put on hold while the lady question her supervisor who checked with 'group cruises' and has no info. Per this call, we are still scheduled on the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Splendor, leaving 3/29/09

Im also scheduled on this cruise, no changes yet. 3/29/09

Someone needs to post the link showing this ship was chartered out.

Fred

ok looks like we could possibly be screwed for the 29th of March, I just spoke to the company that handles that charter via Chat and this is how it went:

Fred:

Whats the specific date on the Splendor cruise of Spring of 09?

Call accepted by operator Joy. Currently in room: Joy, Fred.

Joy:

The Mayercraft Carrier will be sailing on the Carnival Splendor out of Long Beach March 27th - 31st, 2009. An official announcement is expected to go out next week.

Fred:

Do you know if the ship is completely chartered out or will it also be open to the public?

Joy:

All of our sailings are full ship charters.

Fred:

ok because Carnival still shows Splender leaving Long Beach on the 29th of March...

Joy:

Yes, it is typical in the cruise industry for the cruise line to keep the dates of chartered sailing up for a few months after the contracts are signed. Onece they catch up, anyone who booked the regular cruise for the same dates through Carnival will be canceled by Carnival and moved to another ship.

Joy:

Cabins for The Mayercraft Carrier may only be purchased through xxxxxxxx.

Fred:

ok thank you very much Joy, have a nice day. Fred

Joy:

You're welcome. You too

Fred:

Bye

Joy has left the conversation. Currently in room: Fred.

On my October RCI cruise, Miss America had chartered out about 1/3 of the ship. We had all the contestants on board, not sure what they had going on but they did a whole meet and greet with us on the night of the captain's party. More people were paying attention to the beauty queens than the captain, lol. Pictures attached....

Oh in the last one, its my favorite from the TLC show they did, ironically it aired after my cruise, but she was the one real woman I saw in it all. She was the army girl turned beauty queen, she so wasn't like any of the rest of them. She's the blonde next to the black girl.

beauty2.jpg.8e53b8395f4205bfb9195e56f43e7146.jpg

beauty3.jpg.c714bb41be71023ccd37dadb7feb5ab4.jpg

beauty4.jpg.133e71191c338ca24d205eae3de3d42b.jpg

beauty5.jpg.f22207671d4ebf83b9c688deeb07a640.jpg

beauty6.jpg.740b16e08f21e317f444521cb714f744.jpg

I really dont like that Carnival charters out their ships like this - Im going to be completely honest with you ... b/c of them chartering out the Destiny for several [3] sailings in Jan/Feb - Ive had to change my wedding date ... all 3 times .... not to mention ... my cost for invitations and save the dates have tripled!

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will not charter out the Feb 19th sailing on the Destiny!

I just called Wendy to let her know whats the deal, she told me that Johy Mayer Sucks, not because of the chartered but that he really sucks. I also was dating Jessica Simpsons for a while.

Host Randys Splendor Cruise falls on Wendy's Birthday. But I bet all of the Wraparound Blaconies are already gone by now. We have a Wraparound for the 29th cruise.

Fred

Well, its confirmed.... Wendy told me to go to YouTube to listen to John Mayers and so I did, I listened to his Gravity song and guess what, HE SUCKS, I think that the American Idol or even some of those Karioke singers are better.

I could see getting my cruise cancelled over Someone big like Prince, Micheal Jackson or even Brittney Spears but for John Mayers that sucks !!!

Fred

Well, its confirmed.... Wendy told me to go to YouTube to listen to John Mayers and so I did, I listened to his Gravity song and guess what, HE SUCKS, I think that the American Idol or even some of those Karioke singers are better.

I could see getting my cruise cancelled over Someone big like Prince, Micheal Jackson or even Brittney Spears but for John Mayers that sucks !!!

Fred

LOL you can find anyone on YouTube

Fred

It's amazing that you can listen to one song and decide he sucks. :rolleyes: Britney is a train wreck, Michael is a little boy lover, and Prince is too stuck up to be performing on a cruise ship. Listen to Waiting on the World to Change.

Anyway, it does suck that your cruise will be cancelled, but it happens all the time. It's great for those of us that will be going! :D

Archived