Wow. I am shocked Carnival is chartering Splendor

Jenna1983

well they have removed the mar29 sailing from the carnival site and they have began booking on the maycraftcarrier site BUT carnival still says they have no formal contracts yet BUT they wont say they dont have something going just alot of excuses still

Amazing.......This whole thing has been screwy from the start :cool: !

I guess Carnival is not willing to confirm the charter and cancel the original bookings because they are concerned that mayercraft charter may fall through :confused: ? But that really leaves those that are holding bookings on the chartered date in limbo...and that does not seems right :( .

I know how upset we were - and what a pain it was to reschedule - when our Liberty cruise was cancelled due to a dry dock schedule. We just received and email that said..."so sorry....you can call and reschedule" but at least it all happened pretty fast. There were not weeks and weeks that we wondered what was going to happen :rolleyes: .

I hope it all settles soon so that you guys will know for sure what you have to do.

Well, I know that these charters happen, because I started a thread on Thursday about my "little ole" 3 day Baja cruise being chartered out from under us. No one notified me, I was just checking the prices and noticed the date was gone. I had my fun pass all filled out and non-refundable air fare purchased. This was for the Paradise on 9/12-9/15. Still, I would love to know who chartered it, just out of curiosity. All Carnival would say was that it was a company. And it was just done that morning.

shutterlady

so what is carnival doing for you about your cruise and airfare ???

When ours was cancelled for the dry dock - Carnival was not willing to do anything about the air.

They offered us other sailings during the same week and would transfer us to that ship for the same rate. But it did not really matter because the Liberty was higher than most for our week anyway :rolleyes: .

We booked the week prior. And as it turns out part of the air fare was the exact same price, and my flights were $6.00 each way cheaper. Go figure! LOL We were trying to get some OBC for the grief, but this time it all worked out so if we don't get compensated I'm good. I'm just thankful it all worked out and I get a weekend away with my daughter, sister, and niece-in-law. I'm not one of those people who would throw a big fit and demand monetary compensation. But, if they offered me a free drink or two, I wouldn't refuse.

Archived