Wow. I am shocked Carnival is chartering Splendor

Jenna1983

I did call Carnival and ask what to expect and when if indeed we have lostour booking for 3/29/09. The man I spoke to said that if a mass cancellation takes place, our money will be refunded and we are on our own to book another cruise. No offers of special deals.

It's amazing that you can listen to one song and decide he sucks. :rolleyes:

Actually I did listen to 3 other songs and they all sucked !!! I only posted the Gravity song name. I just listened to Waiting on the World to change, I remember hearing that song as it must be one of his most popular songs, that one sounds ok still not a fan.

By the way, Brittney, Prince and Micheal might be dump trucks but John Mayers don't make anything close to what those others make in one month. Sucks to get booted off Splendor for some nobody.

Fred

Just thought I'd let you know what the facebook page says from them:

Join John Mayer and friends out on the open seas! Last year was crazy (we know you saw the pictures), and this year is destined to be even better!

A (Name of the Company Chartering) first, the Mayercraft Carrier will be sailing from the West Coast this year! Leaving from Long Beach, CA on March 27th, 2009, we'll be stopping down in beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, then returning on March 31st.

All of this will be happening onboard the Carnival Splendor; it will be the first official cruise for this brand new ship in the United States!

Expect an official announcement towards the end of the month when we launch the brand new Mayercraft Carrier site.

J

All of this will be happening onboard the Carnival Splendor; it will be the first official cruise for this brand new ship in the United States!

That not correct, Splendor will be sailing from FLL starting in Nov of this year

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=BA1&durDays=2&shipCode=SL&subRegionCode=BH%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=45295&sailDate=11/15/2008

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=EC2&durDays=7&shipCode=SL&subRegionCode=CE%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=45300&sailDate=11/29/2008

Just thought I'd let you know what the facebook page says from them:

Join John Mayer and friends out on the open seas! Last year was crazy (we know you saw the pictures), and this year is destined to be even better!

A (Name of the Company Chartering) first, the Mayercraft Carrier will be sailing from the West Coast this year! Leaving from Long Beach, CA on March 27th, 2009, we'll be stopping down in beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, then returning on March 31st.

Expect an official announcement towards the end of the month when we launch the brand new Mayercraft Carrier site.

Maybe they aren't chartering the entire ship? Did they charter the whole ship the last time they did this?

I just found out today a cruise I wanted to book is a full charter. On another line a long time from now. But, boo hoo, that leaves ncl as our choice. I'm thinking skiing or aruba look better than ncl...lol

Maybe they aren't chartering the entire ship? Did they charter the whole ship the last time they did this?

Yes its a full charter:

Fred:

Do you know if the ship is completely chartered out or will it also be open to the public?

Joy:

All of our sailings are full ship charters.

Fred

'

Thanks for posting this, Long Beach was suppose to be the first sailing out of the U.S., man they keep changing up on us.

Fred

No, it wasnt. This was always the plan..It would do Europe from July-Oct, then FLL cruises from Nov-Jan..then do 3 South American transit cruises

(Jan-March) and end up in California.

You can read it all here

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_southamerica.aspx

Prior to its new South America program, Carnival Splendor will launch the line’s first-ever Northern Europe cruise program from London (Dover) July 13, 2008, followed by a series of voyages to the Mediterranean and Greek Isles through October 17, 2008.

Carnival Splendor will then sail on a transatlantic voyage from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Fort Lauderdale, positioning the vessel for a series of seven-day Caribbean cruises from that port beginning November 22, 2008. The ship will then sail on the three South America voyages, then reposition to Long Beach to launch year-round seven-day Mexican Riviera cruises beginning March 29, 2009, continuing the line’s expansion of its West Coast operations.

... Thanks for posting this, Long Beach was suppose to be the first sailing out of the U.S., man they keep changing up on us. ...

It was around this time last year I booked the first two sailings for November.

I don't even think at that point the announcement had been made about heading to the west coast.

No, it wasnt. This was always the plan..It would do Europe from July-Oct, then FLL cruises from Nov-Jan..then do 3 South American transit cruises

(Jan-March) and end up in California.

I think they slipped those in last minute because the last I read it was going straight from Europe and down to South America. I guess it would be a smart move as they will get more passengers out of FLL. Going to be nice reading the Reviews of the ship out of FLL.

Fred

'

Thanks for posting this, Long Beach was suppose to be the first sailing out of the U.S., man they keep changing up on us.

Fred

We have been booked for a while on the Splendor, out of Ft Lauderdale Nov 17 this year.

I think they slipped those in last minute because the last I read it was going straight from Europe and down to South America. I guess it would be a smart move as they will get more passengers out of FLL. Going to be nice reading the Reviews of the ship out of FLL.

Fred

Go up and read my post, I put in the press release from July of Last year. The FLL cruises were planned well before the Cali or even the South American cruises.

This was the 4/30/07 PR

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_europe.aspx

I didn't write that it's the ships first sailing. lol They did. Obviously, I know it's not the first sailing from the US since I'm doing the Splendor out of FLL in January! But it would be the first official sailing from the Splendor's "home" port.

And yes, they chartered Victory this year for two weeks. I spoke to one of the dancers who said that he LOVED charters since it meant all they had to do was usher for the main shows and they were off then to do whatever.

Like I said before, I think when Royal Caribbean announced that they would send Mariner to the west coast, that Carnival decided to send Splendor there too. Same is the case with Carnival Dream that they announced that it will be homeported in Port Canaveral after Royal Caribbean announced that Freedom is heading to PC

Like I said before, I think when Royal Caribbean announced that they would send Mariner to the west coast, that Carnival decided to send Splendor there too. Same is the case with Carnival Dream that they announced that it will be homeported in Port Canaveral after Royal Caribbean announced that Freedom is heading to PC

Good to know, Im going to write RCCL and tell them to send their biggest ship to San Diego so that Carnival can follow LOL.

Fred

so if this is true why is this booked on dates that the ship isnt sailing we were booked mar29 to april 5 the dates of 27 to the 31 dont make sense and carnival wont confirm a thing

I think the whole thing stinks we have been booked since november

maybe carnival dont want the money from my 30 cabins

Archived