Crappy video I bought from navigator 3/29/08..

Did anyone buy the video from west car. 3/29/08? it was more like an ad for RCL, and crap you can see on the travel channel. I wrote the following letter to RCl...

Hi, I purchasesd the video from my 3/29/08 western caribbean cruise and I must say it is very disappointing. It’s really nothing more than an advertisement for RCL…..and most of the content can be seen on any travel channel. I think there should have been more video of people and activities on the ship. There were no scenes from any of the trivia contests, nor the karaoke. There wasn’t any video from the ‘Music Express’ band, you didn’t show hardly any of John Wing, and none of Jay Johnson. You could’ve have the video-photographer show more of people dining, walking around, in the arcade. I w thought the $29.00 was a complete rip-off. The person that sold it to me said ‘”everything that was on the cruise was in the video”, and sadly, it wasn’t. As I said, it was very misleading. Thank You.

sorry you got ripped of--usually they show the video at the end of the cruise--that way you know if you are in it or want to buy it--we have never been in it enough to buy it but it is fun looking at it when it is shown..

we bought one on Freedom and were disappointed. It really is just an ad campaign for RCI. hardly any scenes from the activities. You'd think for the money, I'd get the entire Love 'n Marriage Show. I even was a contestant in Who Wants to Win a Million, and none of that was on it. No Battle of the Sexes, nothing of the Captains welcome aboard speech. Though it does show a little of the behind the scenes of the bridge and theatre. But overall, disappointing so I won't buy another one

we were on the same cruise. The only time that we saw them show the dvd was befor the show on the last night. It was a 5 minute montage of this and that. They did say that everything that was on the cruise would be on the dvd. We almost bought it as love and marriage and quest were so much fun. Now, super glad we didn't. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I bought the Freedom of the Seas video from Royal Caribbean the week of our Atlantis charter. It was hysterical for all the wrong reasons. It was pitched as "from your cruise". But being an adults only/mostly gay cruise, it was odd to see so many opposite-sex couples and children featured throughout our video.

While there was actual video from our week, it was mixed in with shots from what must be the same old stock footage from other cruises that appears in the DVD for each sailing.

Obviously, this isn't a major issue (don't start bashing me). It ended up making the video funnier than it would have been if it was really all "from your cruise". :rolleyes:

Archived