Cabin 7093 SB on Westerdam

marle7

• 2 years later...
In looking at the deck plans, this cabin seems to be on the hump with a larger balcony than most of the other SB balconies. Has anyone been in this cabin?

hi,

i know its a very old post. but i am in a fix as i have been alloted this cabin sb 7093 on westerdam starting 3rd dec for my 14 nite carribean cruise. seems like you have traveled on westerdam in sb7093, so you would be the best person to ask.

so here i go:

1. is the hump design of the room bothersome? or is it actually better this way?

2. does the balcony have enuf room for a couple to relax?

3. is the privacy of our balcony compromised because of the hump design?

4. is aft cabin better than sb7093?

hi,

i know its a very old post. but i am in a fix as i have been alloted this cabin sb 7093 on westerdam starting 3rd dec for my 14 nite carribean cruise. seems like you have traveled on westerdam in sb7093, so you would be the best person to ask.

so here i go:

1. is the hump design of the room bothersome? or is it actually better this way?

2. does the balcony have enuf room for a couple to relax?

3. is the privacy of our balcony compromised because of the hump design?

4. is aft cabin better than sb7093?

Photos taken by fellow CC member Essiesmom in February 2010 of SB 7093 and of SB 7088 taken by CC Member Janb92 in July 2010 (same stateroom, just opposite side of the ship)http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

My experience of being in a Hump Cabin/Stateroom is on Oosterdam in a Handicapped Stateroom, but I absolutely loved it!! I had lots of space and really enjoyed the verandah. I spent more time on the verandah in Alaska than I did in the stateroom itself.

The views, in my opinion were far superior than what I have had since.

I did not feel that my view(s) were compromised in any way, in fact I felt they were far superior to the other staterooms that did not have the hump.

I'll let you know my opinion between the differences of a Hump Stateroom vs an Aft wrap around after I get back from my next cruise. Should bew posting again on or around the 7th of December.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

hi,

so here i go:

1. is the hump design of the room bothersome? or is it actually better this way? It is not bothersome, but it takes away the "hallway" feeling of other cabins, where the bathroom gives you some insulation from the front door area. Not a problem, tho, it makes the room somewhat bigger.

2. does the balcony have enuf room for a couple to relax? Oh yes.

3. is the privacy of our balcony compromised because of the hump design? Yes, slightly. You can move towards the back of your balcony area, and the privacy will be about the same. But if you sit directly outside the door, you will sense your neighbors a little.

4. is aft cabin better than sb7093? Never stayed in one. Many, many people love them, but we have avoided them, as the stern tapers down and every one above has a pretty good view of you and your balcony. On the wrap around side you have more privacy, but some state it can be pretty windy there.

We were just in Noordam's SB hump cabin, 7088. We would stay in it again, it was nice. However, N Amsterdam, our next cruise, doesn't have hump SBs.

I don't know what "fix" you might be in. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise. We enjoyed our 20 days in the hump cabin.

Edited by CruiserBruce

hey thanx bruce and joan,

info was pretty helpful, but i still cant decide whether to take it or change it.

Since i am on my honeymoon, so privacy is big deciding factor.

So I have asked my TA to give me another option for cabin before i decide.

is it possible to ask for a change while checking in at the embarkation counter even after i have been assigned a particular cabin??

I am a 1st time cruiser so dont know much about cruising.

info was pretty helpful, but i still cant decide whether to take it or change it.

Since i am on my honeymoon, so privacy is big deciding factor.

So I have asked my TA to give me another option for cabin before i decide.

is it possible to ask for a change while checking in at the embarkation counter even after i have been assigned a particular cabin??

I am a 1st time cruiser so dont know much about cruising.

I have read, so not first hand experience here, just read that there are security cameras that might catch you in compromising..er..uh..positions.

I believe that is one of the ways, maybbe even one of the reasons they have them, is in case some one goes missing on a ship, they can pull up the security camera video.

I seem to remember this a couple of years ago when a lady went missing off a Disney ship and they discovered via the security video that she had gone overboard.... Cannot remember all the details but, beware what you do and where:)

Joanie

Good luck on this. There is about a 99.978% chance the ship will sail full, so it is very, very unlikely you can change your cabin at the dock.

Edited by CruiserBruce

• 4 years later...