Contacts and Ocean Air!

dnj628

DH wears contacts and doesn't have any problems when we're in the Caribbean. His only complaint is when the air conditioning is very high (low?) When it's very cool, he says his contacts get hard. Since I don't wear them, I'm not really sure what he means but I imagine another contact wearer would..............

I've been living in Bermuda and wearing contacts most of my life. I go into sea with them on (but I close my eyes underwater). I snorkel with them on. No problem.

Only times when I have trouble with them is when we travel to places with high pollution level, very low humidity (like Las Vegas) and very dry and windy places (like Aruba).

Caribbean and high humidity - no problem.

Get some Clearz 2 eye drops they are great for dryness. I live in NV and used to work for an eye doc and that's what he recommended. Also, make sure you take them out at night or for a long nap. Very important in drier conditions.

Any contact lense wearers that can share weather or not they have/had problems with the salt in the air and their contacts? Thanks!

I've worn contacts for years and never noticed it to be a problem when out on a ship or fishing boat. In any case, salt air shouldn't be a problem......remember that contact lenses are cleaned and stored in a saline (salt) solution. The definition of saline: saline, adj. Of, relating to, or containing salt; salty.

Been wearing them for over 20 years and no problems at all with sea water/air, snorkeling, swimming (eyes closed or with goggles). The ONLY trouble I had with my contacts while cruising/vacationing has been dry eyes from too much A/C. Easy enough to take care of with drops.

Bring spares just in case!!!!

DH wears contacts and doesn't have any problems when we're in the Caribbean. His only complaint is when the air conditioning is very high (low?) When it's very cool, he says his contacts get hard. Since I don't wear them, I'm not really sure what he means but I imagine another contact wearer would..............

An air conditioner is basically a big dehumidifier, takes the moisture out of the air. That's why your husbands contact dry out, just use rewetting drops.

Archived