Espadrille pain

I ordered these espadrilles from Smartbargains.com, which someone had posted about recently. I thought they were darling shoes. And they reminded me of ones my mother wore on a HAL cruise to Cuba in the 1950's aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. So they're cute and sentimental!

1311483311_LG_blue.jpgBut --ouch! See where the fabric is tied in a knot? In order to make the knot the fabric is folded underneath and on the left shoe the bunched fabric is rubbing the top of my big toe. I know there is no way I can walk in these more than ten feet. The other shoe is perfectly comfortable.

I really hate to send these back. Can anyone think of a remedy?

If they don't feel good from the "get-go", they never will. Send them back. Your feet will thank you!

(Didn't you try them on and walk in them before buying?????That's why "online" is a bad idea!)

If they don't feel good from the "get-go", they never will. Send them back.

I agree...send them back.

(Didn't you try them on and walk in them before buying?????That's why "online" is a bad idea!)

Buying shoes online is a GREAT idea....IF you use Zappos or the several other sites that offer free-shipping-free-returns. In fact you can't lose that way. I'd never buy them online from anywhere else.

Why keep shoes just because they are curte? I'd send them back. It's not worth the torture on your feet, plus no matter what remedy you find it's not the same as having shoes that fit well.

It's the same thing as wearing a dress that may fit great on someone, but doesn't fit great on you and you go ahead and wear it anyway.

Over the years, I've learned that lesson too .. if shoes aren't comfy (or actually HURT) you will never wear them. Send them back now, while you still can.

BUT, the good news is, I've been seeing lots and lots of cute espadrilles in the stores with a similar look to these. I'm sure you can find some that are cute AND comfy! :)

It sounds like we all learned the same lesson the hard way over the years - you can't make them fit or make them comfy if they aren't.

The one thing that drives me nuts in shoe stores is if I say a shoe is a little big or loose, they come at me with an insole if they don't have my size. If the shoe doesn't fit - it doesn't fit. Insoles aren't meant to make shoes the proper size. Shoes are designed to fit your feet the way they are made. Insoles always end up bunching up on me regardless of how expensive and good they are supposed to be.

I will no longer keep a pair of shoes unless they feel great on my feet right out of the box.

I've had to let go of many a pair I loved for that reason, so I feel your pain OP.

I have a few thoughts.

1 wear a band aide where the fabric rubs.

I see they are cloth.Get the cloth wet andput the shoe on. Wear until dry.

It will stretch. You do not haveto 'soak'the whole shoe.

Good luck!

But --ouch! I know there is no way I can walk in these more than ten feet.

I hate that!!

I have bought shoes that felt fine when I tried them on and when I acutally wore them I got blisters.:mad:

I bought something called foot petals and they help a little bit. It works when the strap of a sligback will cut into my heel. Not sure if it would work in this case though.

They are cute shoes!

Thanks everyone, for your opinions! The moleskin might work out okay and I'm really tempted to try boop's theory of wetting the fabric and stretching it out (clever) but with the other feedback I'm leaning toward returning them. Darn it, I didn't use Zappo's and so return shipping isn't free. Live and learn! :o

Send them back !!I just gave away about 50 pairs of those "once only ' shoes!:(

Hi Karen:) sounds like you could fit a small country!;) ...not YOU,

but your 50 pairs of shoes:D

Archived