Have you ever seen this ?

melika091900

Total Price2622.40Received to Date2622.35Balance Due0.05

we paid our cruise off last month and today i checked the rates and then i went to balance and payment since we already paid it off and it said we owe 5 cents !!! what the heck, i called princess and they told me the fees in victoria went up.... ok... .but 5 cents, ?? so if i didnt pay the 5 cents would be cancelled?

has anyone seen this ?? i was just laughing, i cant believe they wouldnt let that slide ... dang.. maybe the cruiselines are in a recession..

:p

on my moms booking it says she owes 6 cents !!!!!!!!!!!! they are killing me ,

we paid our cruise off last month and today i checked the rates and then i went to balance and payment since we already paid it off and it said we owe 5 cents !!! what the heck, i called princess and they told me the fees in victoria went up.... ok... .but 5 cents, ?? so if i didnt pay the 5 cents would be cancelled?

has anyone seen this ?? i was just laughing, i cant believe they wouldnt let that slide ... dang.. maybe the cruiselines are in a recession..

Yes I just had an 8 cent adjustment.

They will just charge it to your onboard account.

They have to have accounting for every penny.

Not nitpicking just a business that needs to be run correctly.

Cents times thousands add up pretty quickly. :)

If it is just eight cents, that is $240 just on your sailing alone. Imagine how much that eight cents is over the course of the year.

I do however think it is just the bean counters doing what they always do.

My biggest fear was that they wouldn't consider it paid in full.

Imagine the cruisers that never check the site for that information. We had a $.07 charge on our shipboard account in March. Thank goodness I had read about these surprise tiny charges on this Board so I didn't need to run down to the Pursers Desk to ask about it! :D

After I posted I thought about it and thought Victoria was mentioned but didn't go back to check and the memory is not what it once was:confused:

Must be what happens when you become a step-grandparent. :p :p

In the pax contract it’s spelled out that any increase in taxes or fees will be added onto your booking, even after final payment.

On our Alaska cruise, two port fees went up on two separate dates. Both had to be paid BEFORE we could board. I wanted to fight it, until the loophole in the contract was pointed out to me.

on my moms booking it says she owes 6 cents !!!!!!!!!!!! they are killing me ,

We had this happen on our Star Princess Baltic cruise. After our final payment, we ened up with about a $0.05 balance & when I called Princess about it, I was told that the cruise could be cancelled if the computer saw that it was not paid in full after the final balance date. Normally they manually charge it to your on board account but if they make a mistake & miss it, your cruise could be cancelled. I advised them of my horror if our cruise had been cancelled for $0.05, they totally agreed but if the computer automatically cancelled it and the cruise was sold out, there would be nothing they could do for that cruise. They assured me that they would definately take care of us on another cruise, but that is not the point.

I now check my balance pretty well daily.

i know i called princess and they said we have to pay it, so i did, i hope my bank isnt like what is 5 cents for ??? hahahah they are probably thinking its an error

but like someone said what if i didnt check it and it said i owed after final payment would they have cancelled me ? omg how horrible that would be..

We're not allowed to request it if the fare dropped 7 cents. :rolleyes:

Actually, I have even received a check from Princess after a cruise refunding some money because a tax/fee had dropped.

Funny - I just checked with our TA about our Alaska Cruise leaving Vancouver on the 29th, and she said that it was actually $7.27 each - in our favor. It will be in our on board account.

Hope you all find the same thing when you cruise.

Alaska, here I come!

Archived