exit glacier shuttle

katolb90

Exit Glacier Guides is suppose to have a shuttle from the small boat harbor to exit glacier. Is this the shuttle that most people take? Has anyone had experience taking this shuttle? The price is 10 dollars round trip. Sounds like a good price to me.

We took this shuttle and had no problems. They pick up and drop off at the Exit Glacier Guides in the RR station area by the harbor in Seward, and by the ranger station at the Glacier.

Some pictures here:

http://www.exitglacierguides.com/

That's a great video of their 5-hour glacier hike. It reminds me of the one we did on Root Glacier in Kennicott. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this shuttle as well and was thinking of doing it. For those in the know how long should we anticipate being out at Exit Glacier? I have booked a bus to Anc at 12:30 and am wondering if we should cancel and do the RR in the evening. This would allow a Kenai trip but it sounds like there are more issues with seasickness. My DS hasn't been on a cruise or boat much so I hate to get his out on a 6-7 hour trip and him be miserable even with the meds.

Advice or thoughts?

I've spent the past 2 days out near Cape Aialik where most tour pass through, and where the waters are usually roughest. Precautions, IMO, are a must, and I am only slightly prone to seasickness. It's like being in an agitating washing machine. Not trying to scare or deter you, just offer some info.

I saw this shuttle as well and was thinking of doing it. For those in the know how long should we anticipate being out at Exit Glacier? I have booked a bus to Anc at 12:30 and am wondering if we should cancel and do the RR in the evening. This would allow a Kenai trip but it sounds like there are more issues with seasickness. My DS hasn't been on a cruise or boat much so I hate to get his out on a 6-7 hour trip and him be miserable even with the meds.

Advice or thoughts?

depends what you want to do at Exit?? Can be "done" in an hour, if you just want a look.

As for taking the train?? You are missing a great opportunity for fantastic touring, do you have any better plans for Anchorage?? If not, then I strongly suggest you get health care professional advise on motion precautions and consider, my top recommendation of a Kenai Fjords boat trip. You need to do this anyway. I've seen many sick people on cruiseships too.

If you want an early start, you can easily do both. How often are you getting to Alaska?? You may want to make the most of it.

Just came back from a Kenai Fjords 6 hour trip with Renown on the 23rd. We saw Orcas and whales, but probably 1/5 of the passengers were actively ill from moderately rough water. One passenger was in such bad shape we turned around after leaving Resurrection bay. I would still recommend the trip, though. Just take the anti-motion sickness pills at least half a day before. One downside to the medication, though, is that I thought it caused quite a bit of drowsiness. Maybe that's how you are able to deal with the wave movement? But I still think it's worth it if you really want to do it, just be aware and take precautions.

Archived