I got that look the other day....

Terre

My pups combined don't even make the 50 lb mark! lol In fact, they just barely clear 20. Mickey (purebred Chihuahua), is 14.5 lbs and Snuggles (purebred Japanese Chin) is about 6.5. Yes, Micksters is a portly puppy! lol Actually the vet says he's fine, his hip bones are displaying properly and his tummy isn't big either. He's just big for his breed.

This is Snuggles

Snuggles2.jpg

And here's Mickey (with Snuggie glaring at him in the background)

SnugglesandMickey.jpg

My cats make their beds in our suitcases too. I wish we could just take one. I miss them so much. More than our kids.

Maybe some day we can bring our pets, like the Titanic!!!

Only if we get staff who will walk the doggies for us and clean up their doodie too! lol

As much as I love my pups, I would be extremely irritated to step in a pile of cat or dog poo while walking on the decks! :)

Our Pepper (we lost her in November) refused to eat for my dad when Mom and I were on the Inspiration. We called home after we disembarked and he told us that she had been starving herself and he had to go get her special food so that she would eat.

We got Buddy in December and since he's a rescue, he doesn't like to be alone so who knows how he'll react when we're gone on our next cruise!

Both Springer Spaniels and they are such people dogs that somebody leaving just throws them into a tizzy!

My pups combined don't even make the 50 lb mark! lol In fact, they just barely clear 20. Mickey (purebred Chihuahua), is 14.5 lbs and Snuggles (purebred Japanese Chin) is about 6.5. Yes, Micksters is a portly puppy! lol Actually the vet says he's fine, his hip bones are displaying properly and his tummy isn't big either. He's just big for his breed.

This is Snuggles

Snuggles2.jpg

And here's Mickey (with Snuggie glaring at him in the background)

SnugglesandMickey.jpg

They are SO cute!! What sweeties!!:)

Our Pepper (we lost her in November) refused to eat for my dad when Mom and I were on the Inspiration. We called home after we disembarked and he told us that she had been starving herself and he had to go get her special food so that she would eat.

We got Buddy in December and since he's a rescue, he doesn't like to be alone so who knows how he'll react when we're gone on our next cruise!

Both Springer Spaniels and they are such people dogs that somebody leaving just throws them into a tizzy!

Oh, I'm so sorry! We lost our 14 year old cat last month. I know it's hard. :( We got Snuggles to help ease my husband's heart a bit. She's on her way to being just as spoiled as Nikita (the cat) was. God help me! :D

I see you are from Iowa. Where did you find a place to adopt a rescue dog? I would love to do that, but I have never found anywhere that I could. We have a local humane society, but they aren't quite that active in their business, which I suppose is a good thing! I live in Eastern Iowa, right on the Mississippi.

They are SO cute!! What sweeties!!:)

They're just as pampered and loved as our kids are...and just as expensive too. :D We just sunk a tidy sum into Advantix and Heartguard for the season. Yoicks is that stuff expensive! I think I'm going to check the ped med website and see if it is any cheaper. It wasn't so bad with just one dog, but two is getting up there! :)

Wow! I thought my dog was just special like that:p

My mom and I were packing in the formal living room and our poodle was looking at me really funny and sad. He's been acting really baby like, MORE than usual. He knows something is up. He's use to seeing me pack going back to school but having mom and dad pack is too much

Holly, our two year old chocolate lab, freaks out if the suitcase comes out and my mom starts packing. Anyone else can pack, but if my mom packs, she's beside herself. And it's that whole anxiety of "going away" because she thinks she's going with. We took her to my Uncle's this past cruise and as we were leaving she was right behind us ready to go with. LOL

Ella, my 10 month old golden retriever, is so care free and is like, "Bye! See ya when you get back. I've got six cats, two other dogs, Holly, AND a kid to play with."

I have a papillon, Jack who will be 10 on July 4th, and he doesnt even like me to go get the mail, lol, so when he sees the suitcases, he gets so upset, last year was the first time he was ever boarded in his life, as my son use to babysit, but he got married last year and went on the cruise with us, so poor Jack went to the doggy daycamp, the first 3 days they said he would not eat, just sat in his bed, that I bought just for the kennel, I put my shirt in it that I wore 3 days before the cruise, so he could smell mommy, they said when we picked him up, his favorite thing to do was sit in his bed with that shirt, lol.

This year he has to go back to doggy camp, but only for 4 days, as my son will pick him up, when he gets back from an out of town wedding. But I guess because he is getting old, I worry about him alot, he is truly my baby, this is a dog that follows me everywhere, even sits in bathroom while, well you know what I am saying, lol.

I am a big animal lover, and my baby has no idea he is a dog. lol

Happy cruising all

I know that look too. However we lost our 2 fur balls a few months ago. :( My dear 7 year old golden retriever died suddenly last January. Then about 3 weeks ago our dear cat died. Now we have a 5 month old golden retriever. I don't think he has figured out yet just what suitcases are. I'm sure overtime he will know. We will drop him off at the vet this time to be boarded. He loves people so he should be ok. I'm the one who is going to be a mess without him.LOL When we pick him up I will have a present for him. I think that will help alot.

Only if we get staff who will walk the doggies for us and clean up their doodie too! lol

A few years ago on the Legend, a large group of blind were aboard with their dogs. We're talking 50-75 big guide dogs! I was so amazed with Carnival for how they handled this. They had set up kiddie pools with kitty litter in them on one of the decks which the dogs had been trained to use to relieve themselves. I was happy to get my "dog fix". Many of the people were kind enough to allow us to pet and play with the dogs. They didn't allow the dogs in the main dining room, but instead set up one of the conference rooms for the dogs and their owners.

Oh that look. Our 2 labs are the biggest babies you have ever seen. But we say Dr Steve and they are at the door. Thank goodness they love the kennel. They get really pampered.

Youngest lab, 5 year old yellow135, was freaked out the first time he went. There were cows and horses in the next room and he could see them. He had no idea what they were. Now five years later we go in the front door and both dogs are racing to their cage. No more problems.

My 2 cats just sulk til we leave.

Guest scfjjb

Our dog does not like seeing suitcases either. Fortunately she loves all her friends at the kennel too! On our last cruise her "grandmother" watched her... I had to put her on a diet when we got back though. Refrigerator was full of homemade burgers for the dog!

What a cute thread!

No dogs, only cats here, 4 of them. I am so lucky, we live in a two family home and my mother in law lives downstairs. She loves the cats and comes up to feed them and spends time with them.She also buys them loads of treats and leaves out the hard food all day so they all gain weight when we go on longer vacations. I miss them so much while I am away since I am with them all day long (I work from home). (Ever wonder what your cats do while you are at work? They sleep. All day.) The cats love her, Otto in particular. He cries at our door if he hears her in the vestibule downstairs. He nibbles you if you don't pay enough attention to him. When we come back from vacation, he is mad at us for a day or two and won't spend any cuddly time. The other three won't leave us alone, they are all over us as soon as we get home. I pull suitcases out a month before hand in an extra bedroom and they love sleeping all over them but pay them no mind when the suitcases are stored in the walk in closet.

Here is a picture of Sandi-

DSCN0005.jpg

I sure hope she doesn't find out I'm going to London in 5 weeks, and that I'll be gone about 10 days!:eek: :eek:

Aww she is beautiful. Is she a yellow lab. We had a yellow lab named Sandy a few years back but she died:( she had the pink nose too. But this Sandi sure does look like our white German Shephard minus the standup ears

Oh, I'm so sorry! We lost our 14 year old cat last month. I know it's hard. :( We got Snuggles to help ease my husband's heart a bit. She's on her way to being just as spoiled as Nikita (the cat) was. God help me! :D

I see you are from Iowa. Where did you find a place to adopt a rescue dog? I would love to do that, but I have never found anywhere that I could. We have a local humane society, but they aren't quite that active in their business, which I suppose is a good thing! I live in Eastern Iowa, right on the Mississippi.

It's been hard but Buddy really helped cheer us up. And, yes, he's spoiled too! I figure, especially if they've had a hard life before they get to good people, it can't hurt to spoil them a little to make up for it.

It was a quiet Thanksgiving though! She was 12 and died of cancer 3 days after she was diagnosed. Luckily she went quickly and was never in any pain.

We adopted the Budster from English Springer Rescue America (http://www.springerrescue.org) because we transport rescue dogs for them that are going to foster or forever homes.

Here's a picture of Buddy. I'd upload one of Pepper but I don't have one on this computer for some reason. I do have a couple on my ipod though so I'm never far from one :)

Buddy.jpg.7c996c55e7331d3501c2fe7fc696b7eb.jpg

Our Lucy,, an english bulldog, is the same way. See the suitcases and gets mopey. She was born to RIDE, see my avatar. As soon as we put our shoes on she just knows it's ride time! We are lucky to have someone that does boarding at their home, one on one. So she is not kenneled, did that once, before we found out she didn't like other dogs, she must have had a terrible time with dogs barking all around her, still upsets me when I think about it. She's our baby! Very spoiled but we love her!

Aww she is beautiful. Is she a yellow lab. We had a yellow lab named Sandy a few years back but she died:( she had the pink nose too. But this Sandi sure does look like our white German Shephard minus the standup ears

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a white german shephard! We thought she was a full blooded lab until the vet told us she probably was just part lab. But after hearing the size of some labs, i'm kinda glad she is only about 50lbs! Her face definitely says lab, but she is too skinny, but i don't know what else she is.

Our Lucy,, an english bulldog, is the same way. See the suitcases and gets mopey. She was born to RIDE, see my avatar. As soon as we put our shoes on she just knows it's ride time! We are lucky to have someone that does boarding at their home, one on one. So she is not kenneled, did that once, before we found out she didn't like other dogs, she must have had a terrible time with dogs barking all around her, still upsets me when I think about it. She's our baby! Very spoiled but we love her!

I love bulldogs! Actually I love almost all breeds of dogs but I would love to have a bulldog someday!

Rockee, my Lab, Fancy Dog, is a 130# chocolate! I LOVE Labs!

Richard's Mom, we had a yellow tabby once named Wild Puss (he was stray that adopted us and was wild!) When we'd come home from vacation, he would turn his nose up at us and wouldn't "speak" to us for days!

Terre - I know the feeling. I think it takes Hershey about 3 or 4 days until he warms up to us again.

I am a Lab lover till the day I die. I have never had an animal that was so willing to please, train and who listens so well. He loves "positive reinforcement"

Yours is 130lbs? Holy Hannah!!!!

We have three dogs and as soon as we drag the black luggage out they begin to act very distressed. There's lots of howling and wimpering. It progresses into total silence and moping. They stop being affectionate and become standoffish. It bothers me a lot. If only they knew how bad we feel too.

Well I leave the kennel in tears everytime I have to drop him off. It KILLS me to do that to him.

We take him to a place that is called "The Pet Lodge Resort". They have a dog bone shaped swimming pool....it's good enough for humans.

There motto is "good enough for dogs but not for humans"

I love everyone's pictures! Okay, here's my Fancy Dog...

2689360110097872471DElkbj_th.jpg

Terre - I have a chocolate too!!! Gheesh, that looks just like Hershey lying there.

How do you get a picture in a post? Why can't I figure that out....

Archived