I got that look the other day....

Terre

130lbs!? Now that is one big dog!:eek: I have a yellow lab that is a year old, but she only weighs about 50lbs. so the vet said she is just small, but she is skinnier looking than most labs i've seen. Maybe she is just part lab or something. She stays outside so she doesn't really know when I leave! hehehe!!:D

Sheri - have you or anyone one who owns a lab on here read the book Marley and Me? If not you HAVE to get it and read it. You really have to have had a lab puppy to understand and appreciate the story. The movie is coming out in December.

That guy lived in catasaqua, Pa. which was right next to my hometown.

Sheri - have you or anyone one who owns a lab on here read the book Marley and Me? If not you HAVE to get it and read it. You really have to have had a lab puppy to understand and appreciate the story. The movie is coming out in December.

That guy lived in catasaqua, Pa. which was right next to my hometown.

I DO have that book, and started reading it, but I knew it was gonna be sad so i quit!:eek: I was SO excited to hear that a movie is being made!! That book had me laughing so hard I was crying!!:D I really DO need to start over and finish the book. All i know is that my Sandi is at least PART lab, and that is good enough for US! she is so sweet and loves to play fetch and loves to tear through the backyard when she gets rowdy! Good thing I have a very large backyard because she needs it ALL! Only thing is, we can't get her to get in our pool!:)

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a white german shephard! We thought she was a full blooded lab until the vet told us she probably was just part lab. But after hearing the size of some labs, i'm kinda glad she is only about 50lbs! Her face definitely says lab, but she is too skinny, but i don't know what else she is.

What a great looking Lab you have!!!!

My baby is my life!!!! as I'm sure youre is.

Terre - I have a chocolate too!!! Gheesh, that looks just like Hershey lying there.

How do you get a picture in a post? Why can't I figure that out....

I use photobucket.com. It is free, you just register and make a username and password, then you download your pictures and you can edit them and make them different sizes. I don't know how to do the thumbnail pics that some people do, but photobucket is very easy to use, and you can pick ahead of time what size you want all your pics to download, then when the download is through, just left click your mouse over the part that says IMG code, then paste it into the post! It took me playing around with it a while to understand it but now i don't have any problems at all!

I DO have that book, and started reading it, but I knew it was gonna be sad so i quit!:eek: I was SO excited to hear that a movie is being made!! That book had me laughing so hard I was crying!!:D I really DO need to start over and finish the book. All i know is that my Sandi is at least PART lab, and that is good enough for US! she is so sweet and loves to play fetch and loves to tear through the backyard when she gets rowdy! Good thing I have a very large backyard because she needs it ALL! Only thing is, we can't get her to get in our pool!:)

Sheri - you MUST finish that book!!!!! I have NEVER gone through so many different emotions in my like reading a book.

I finished it two days. My DD came downstairs the night I finished it, about 1 in the morning and said "what ARE you laughing about, I can hear you all the way upstairs".....then soon after the tears rolled.

The one part, if you got to it where they were taking him to the vet to be fixed...do you get to that part yet? OMG, that was hysterical about him being outside of the car window.....but scary at the same time.

You have to pick it up and finish it Sheri.....

Sheri - you MUST finish that book!!!!! I have NEVER gone through so many different emotions in my like reading a book.

I finished it two days. My DD came downstairs the night I finished it, about 1 in the morning and said "what ARE you laughing about, I can hear you all the way upstairs".....then soon after the tears rolled.

The one part, if you got to it where they were taking him to the vet to be fixed...do you get to that part yet? OMG, that was hysterical about him being outside of the car window.....but scary at the same time.

You have to pick it up and finish it Sheri.....

Yes, I do remember that part, and I also LOVED the part where he was starring in a movie and they were doing the scene in the van...:D :D It is still in my bedside drawer...i think i will start rereading it tonite!

Awwww, how sweet!!:D

There was actually another one where she put her PJ top on him. Then she took him outside when I came home from work. I told "don't you dare take him out there, it makes him look like a pansy to other dogs".

Can you believe I said that????? Gheesh, what have I become.

He's lying right here under my desk, where he always is. Let's see, we have a king bed, DW sleeps on the left side, I sleep on the right and Hershey has the MIDDLE 2/3rds.

If he doesn't have enough room he pushes me with his legs. There were mornings i woke up and half my body was hanging over the edge with him right up against me....

My red Chow, Logan, likes to wait until I leave the room to get more stuff to pack and unpack what I've just put in the suitcase! I'll come back in the room and notice that things are missing. I look under the bed and there he is with his loot! I have to take videos with my phone of the two of them so that when I miss them, I can just watch the video and hear them bark!:) I'm pathetic when it comes to my two boys!

1964371832_LoganBrutus.jpg.75241e57e8b394ccd95f6c6f547423b4.jpg

Oh yes, Fred and I have had to come up with ways of hiding the suitcases or frantically pack the day we leave after dropping the Girls off at the kennel. It is SO pathetic to get Beagle Dog eyes. It also works when they want food too.

They do like going to the kennel because they get spoiled as all get out. But when we return, we get the "silent treatment" from Bella for about 2-3 days. Sara starts whining and crying when she sees the suitcases. After we are home and settled again, the Girls tend to be "REALLY GOOD" because I think that they think if they are good, Fred and I won't leave them again. After a week it is back to status quo.

By the way, I loved everybody's pictures of their babies! I wish I were home with mine now. Oh yeah, and Fred too. :D

Wendy

Guest scfjjb
My red Chow, Logan, likes to wait until I leave the room to get more stuff to pack and unpack what I've just put in the suitcase! I'll come back in the room and notice that things are missing. I look under the bed and there he is with his loot! I have to take videos with my phone of the two of them so that when I miss them, I can just watch the video and hear them bark!:) I'm pathetic when it comes to my two boys!

Our fox terrier doesn't unpack us but we have arrived at our destination with Milk Bones in our suitcases.:)

Gave this book to my husband. He loved it. I went looking for a doxin shortly after we got married and 22 years later and 5 black and yellow labs later we will own no other bread.

Yes my yellow lab weighs 135 lbs and is 5 years old. He was the runt of the litter can you believe that. He had to be bottle fed because he was number 13 and would not fight to eat. We got him at 6 weeks and has only grown up body wise. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will with his daddy. My wonderful husband.

Our fox terrier doesn't unpack us but we have arrived at our destination with Milk Bones in our suitcases.:)

That is too cute! Apparantly they wanted to make sure that you had a snack for the road:p

You guys don't have it so bad. My friend's cat gets so mad at her when she takes out the suitcase that, if given the opportunity, he will pee all over it (and anything packed within it) to teach her a lesson. It's gotten to the point that she has to lock either the cat or the suitcase in the bathroom after she packs, or she will have a disaster on her hands...

Snuggles (purebred Japanese Chin) is about 6.5.

This is Snuggles

Snuggles2.jpg

Oh! I love Chins and Snuggles is so cute! I had one named Eddy (short for Edamame). Sadly, he got bitten by a poisonous spider and died... My boss has a chin named Daisy. She's huge, though. I know she's over 12 pounds, and probably closer to 14...

You guys don't have it so bad. My friend's cat gets so mad at her when she takes out the suitcase that, if given the opportunity, he will pee all over it (and anything packed within it) to teach her a lesson. It's gotten to the point that she has to lock either the cat or the suitcase in the bathroom after she packs, or she will have a disaster on her hands...

Oh! I love Chins and Snuggles is so cute! I had one named Eddy (short for Edamame). Sadly, he got bitten by a poisonous spider and died... My boss has a chin named Daisy. She's huge, though. I know she's over 12 pounds, and probably closer to 14...

Thanks! I couldn't have resisted bringing her home even if I had really tried. Of course, I lecture my husband about spoiling her (he is really awful about it; this pup gets more attention than I do! lol) but I only half way mean it! :)

Aww...how sad! I don't think we have a spider problem here, but I do have to watch her with bats. She dives after them and scares me to death.

She's 7 months old, so I'm assuming she'll weigh up a bit more before she stops growing. At least I hope she does. She seems awfully thin, but compared to my Chihuahua, of course she is thin! lol

Aww...how sad! I don't think we have a spider problem here, but I do have to watch her with bats. She dives after them and scares me to death.

The spider that killed him was a brown recluse, and they are not native to this area (California). They do, however, stow away in people's luggage and freight, so they can really end up anywhere...

Gave this book to my husband. He loved it. I went looking for a doxin shortly after we got married and 22 years later and 5 black and yellow labs later we will own no other bread.

Yes my yellow lab weighs 135 lbs and is 5 years old. He was the runt of the litter can you believe that. He had to be bottle fed because he was number 13 and would not fight to eat. We got him at 6 weeks and has only grown up body wise. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will with his daddy. My wonderful husband.

DebraJo - I found out that you can't attach a thumbnail picture if you click on quote. You have to "reply" to the post. Then at the bottom you will see "manage attachments" and you can go from there.

I know the look well! My yorkie hides anywhere he thinks we can't find him (maybe he thinks we won't leave if we don't know where he is?) Our Boston terrier makes himself right at home on top of the piles of cloths waiting to be pack and just gets that sad depressed look!

I know the look well! My yorkie hides anywhere he thinks we can't find him (maybe he thinks we won't leave if we don't know where he is?) Our Boston terrier makes himself right at home on top of the piles of cloths waiting to be pack and just gets that sad depressed look!

Isn't it so funny how all of our animals act almost the same way and do almost the same things when we leave.

Even though my Lab walks around with his head hung low, and I tear up when I drop him off, he always seems to like being there and seems so excited when he gets dropped off.

I've come to the conclusion that WE are the one feeling guilty about leaving our pets and they are the happy ones...LOL

I sometimes think the reason, and I'm trying to convince myself of this is that they are or seem so depressed when they get home is because they make so many feline and canine friends at the kennel that they are missing them??????????

You don't know how much I wish I was Dr. Doolitle so I know what they are thinking......well.....that's going a bit too far, but.....

Archived