I got that look the other day....

Terre

from my dog when she saw me dragging in the suitcase from the garage. She's not very happy with us right now. Do you get that "look" from your pet when you drag out your luggage?

Oh that look:( . I have to set up my suitcases in the spare room now so my Persian does not see them. He not only gave me the look, he would sleep on top of (or in them) if they are left out. He hates for us to go even though he has my son here to watch him. He is just my baby.

from my dog when she saw me dragging in the suitcase from the garage. She's not very happy with us right now. Do you get that "look" from your pet when you drag out your luggage?

That look is a killer, isn't it! My puppies don't like it one bit!!!

YES!

My dog gets all depressed and won't even look at me. He just goes underneath the bed and stays there.

Sometimes he gets to go (he has frequent flier miles on Delta) and sometimes he can't.

Dogs are smarter than we think. They know whats happening.

We have to hide the luggage until he goes to the kennel. He's an 80 LB Lab.....a big baby. :) But he's my buddy. he has a tag that says "I love my human" and I have one for my key ring that says "I love my Lab". Isn't that sickening? I can't even pick up my keys without him lookimng at me like he's saying "oh boy, we're going in the car"...as his tongue hits the floor.

If we have the luggage out and ready to go he is pi**ed. And yes, the look like "how DARE you go somewhere without me"

I know the look too. Even funnier, when we get home, my cats seem to "punish" us. It takes days before they are their usual self.

I just got the luggage out for our cruise that we will be on in 20 days, OMG, you would have thought the world was coming to an end. 272585821_ZAlbert4-07.jpg.45efa1ea64f6ad5238a18538531d2865.jpg

Rockee, my Lab, Fancy Dog, is a 130# chocolate! I LOVE Labs!

Richard's Mom, we had a yellow tabby once named Wild Puss (he was stray that adopted us and was wild!) When we'd come home from vacation, he would turn his nose up at us and wouldn't "speak" to us for days!

We have three dogs and as soon as we drag the black luggage out they begin to act very distressed. There's lots of howling and wimpering. It progresses into total silence and moping. They stop being affectionate and become standoffish. It bothers me a lot. If only they knew how bad we feel too.

I always get that look from my Chow baby when I start sorting my clothing, she doesn't need to see the suitcase. Attitude from her kicks in and at that point she literally keeps her back towards me only giving me attention for her personal needs. When I return it takes a lot to get in her good graces.

Yeah, my cats know what the suitcase means. It starts with them being clingy until the suitcase is zipped up. Once it's by the door, they start sulking and go into hiding.

But we have a really great pet sitter, so the generally response when we get back is "...oh. you guys again?" ;)

We were casually going through our travel case this weekend (we're 25 days away from sailing), my poor dog watched every move we made putting things in and taking things out. Hate boarding her, but ya gotta do it sometimes. She usually goes on a couple days hunger & bathroom strike while she's there. I won't be the one to drop her off, I can't bare it, but I'll be the hero & pick her up!

"That look" is all over my house tonight! Our 2 cats,a HUGE Russian Blue and a "mutt" cat (a friend of mine calls her a "wompass cat") have "talked" to me all night tonight, they saw all 4 suitcases in the living room. The russian blue jumped up on the biggest suitcase and every time I touched it, he'd swat at me and hiss! He actually caught my watch. He jumped back and looked like, "I didn't mean to actually catch you, I'm sorry." and started purring...crazy cat!

Our dog, a "Labroterd" (I swear it's a breed, messed up, yes, but it's a "designer breed" according to our pet store...whatever, we adopted him from a kill shelter), he's part lab, rottie, and shepherd. He has the lab disposition, rottie colors, and shepherd body, his name is Bo. Anyway, Bo has been following me EVERYWHERE! Once I got Thunder off the suitcase and started looking at what was in the case, Bo started unpacking us!

The kids have another "that look", they have the "that look" of two kids who will need to be reprogramed after spending the week with grandparents.:eek:

The fish, well, he and the snail didn't give me any look other than, "Please tell the lady feeding the cats and the dog to feed us.";)

Terre, I'll see you Saturday girlfriend!!!:D

I have never gotten that look!! The only look I have gotten was when do we go!! My dog loves the kennel he goes to. He knows that he gets to go when the suitcases are out!! He starts jumping around and is excited. So I keep telling him that he is going to doggie camp. He is a golden retriever and he can't wait to go!!!!:)

I have never gotten that look!! The only look I have gotten was when do we go!! My dog loves the kennel he goes to. He knows that he gets to go when the suitcases are out!! He starts jumping around and is excited. So I keep telling him that he is going to doggie camp. He is a golden retriever and he can't wait to go!!!!:)

That's fantastic!!! I have heard about the B&B for doggies. I am glad that your golden retriever will have a blast when you are having a blast on your cruise.

My cat's wont talk to me for a week afterwards :D . I love my 'little boys'!!

492091830_ZAlbert4-07.jpg.5326160655a851763bf613b1f6b20b5d.jpg

I get that look when I just grab my purse to run an errand. :D My pups get quite miffed when they aren't allowed to go outside each and every time I do.

My friend, who has a dog and 4 cats, keeps them with her while we're gone. They get a little vacation too.

Rockee, my Lab, Fancy Dog, is a 130# chocolate! I LOVE Labs!

130lbs!? Now that is one big dog!:eek: I have a yellow lab that is a year old, but she only weighs about 50lbs. so the vet said she is just small, but she is skinnier looking than most labs i've seen. Maybe she is just part lab or something. She stays outside so she doesn't really know when I leave! hehehe!!:D

Archived