passport renewal question....

so, my DD will be traveling with less than 6 months left on her current passport....everything i read recommends, for Europe, that you have at least six months left on the passport when you are due to return or you should renew it before you leave....so...then I go to the passport people's website and everything directs me to these new passport cards! I don't want a passport card...I want to renew the passport! so....how do I do that?

Any idea how long it is taking to get the passports back? I have heard that the time is much shorter than it was this time last year, but the originals only took like three weeks, i would hate for the renewals to take months....

Beverly

so, i finally sifted thru the state dept website, and after I skipped all the stuff about passport cards (I guess they are just pushing those because they are new), I finally figured out that you fill out the same old form and get the passport renewed! haven't figured out yet why you would want a regular passport (they are calling it a passport book) AND a passport card!

Well, we will renew the book, she leaves in October!

Glad to hear the return time is much shorter!

Thanks for your input!

Beverly

Most countries require the passport to be valid for 6 months after you enter the country.

We sent our passports off to have additional visa pages added on 5/5 and received them back on 5/15. Renew the passport.

I renewed my passport a whole year early. I would do it now and just get it out the way. They are processing passports in less than four weeks now, but since you are renewing, it may take less time.

Let us know how long it takes to get it renewed.

I sent my passport in for renewal earlier this month and got it back in 8 days (with no "expediting"). The original was mailed back about 2 days later....

Paul :)

Archived