Dining Room Kids menu? on Sovereign?

Is there one? I can't remember if a kids menu has ever been presented to us in the dining room. specifically... where are the chicken fingers? are they in Windjammer? do they exist?

Yes, there are kids menus, just ask your waiter for one. I know there are chicken fingers, hamburgers, corn dogs, pizza, french fries, macaroni and cheese, cheese sticks, jell-o, pudding, and other items on it. :D

NO WAY! I've suffered way to long thru dinners trying to order for my "tweens"!! I guess we were never offered one and didn't know any better :confused: , we always sit by ourselves, plus Mark and I are post CL drinks, I've just ordered them steaks, ceasar salad, and shrimp cocktails for 3 cruises in a row, this is amazing! what about during lunch time?

NO WAY! I've suffered way to long thru dinners trying to order for my "tweens"!! I guess we were never offered one and didn't know any better :confused: , we always sit by ourselves, plus Mark and I are post CL drinks, I've just ordered them steaks, ceasar salad, and shrimp cocktails for 3 cruises in a row, this is amazing! what about during lunch time?

Sorry can't help you with lunch time as DD usually eats in the windjammer. When she does go to the dining room for lunch she orders pasta. :) If you don't see their favorites just ask. One meal all DD wanted was jell-o, so they brought her 4 jell-o, one of each color! :D For dessert guess what she ordered. Right....more jell-o. :eek:

I'm just off 10-day Radiance last Friday with 2 y/o DD. Since the OP wanted to know specifically about chicken fingers...YES, they have chicken fingers. But only in the dining room. Not WJ. And though we tried on Rhapsody last year, not from room service.

The kid's menu is a color page that's the same for every meal in the dining room. (You can at least get something different to color if you get the spanish menu. After 7 nights we didn't need to read the list anymore.) It lists items that are lunch only, dinner only, and available all the time. It also has a "create your own pasta with these selections" list. I'll warn you that items can be hit or miss or even down right pathetic...and it can vary by ship. I can't figure out why.

Rhapsody last year DD had what my DH called "the best grilled cheese ever" (she had a little help :) ). It was thick sliced fresh bread with a ton of butter and melty cheddar. In January on Monarch it was about what I would make at home...except on regular store-bought white bread (I would use wheat)... but with a slice or two of American in between, buttered on the outside and grilled. Last week on Radiance it was three slices of, I kid you not, unbuttered white bread toast layered with one slice of American cheese between each piece of toast. If it was melty at all it was b/c it sat covered on a warm-from-the-dishwasher plate from dining room to table. It was completely pathetic.

I know they're cutting back on all food, but the story on mac & cheese goes the other direction. Monarch in January was oily maccaroni with a slice of american cheese sort of melted on top. Radiance last week was exactly what you think of when you get mac & cheese at a restaurant. Not Kraft, but regular, big maccaroni with a cheese sauce blended throughout. She's only 2.75 but she ate a bowl and a half at one sitting.

If you have any other "kid food" questions I'll try to answer. Just ask.

this is our biggest obstacle, the kids have so much fun but it is a challenge to feed them. and the room service selections:eek: , ,,, or lack there of. we manage along by getting fruit, cereal, milk, (in WJ) and to keep in the room. on navigator - spring break - I would have items sent to our room from the dinner menu for later evening food. (maybe I'll try to send kids menu items there!!) - then there is pizza (we own 2 pizzerias so you can see why that doesn't work for us, it looks like nothing they are used to) - we make it a habbit of meeting at Johnny Rockets @ 11:00 pm, I can't argue with the Chicken BLT, its so good.

BTW, my son has Asperbergers and everything has to be a certain way!! his medication makes him not hungry for 12 hours and he sleeps in until atleast 9 on ship which is why I'm feeding him so late,

Archived