Has anyone else "won" a trip to the Caribbean through Superior Tour and Travel?

We received a phone call tonight that our name was drawn at Columbian Emeralds in St Thomas (while on our cruise in March) for a trip for 2 (80% paid) to our choice of destinations in the caribbean. She wanted both my husband and myself on the phone. I have googled the company with no luck. Has anyone else received a phone call or email from them?

Did she say what cruise line it was on and for how many days? Do you remember entering a contest when you were in their store?

Be careful, some might be scams or a time share deal.

I received a phone call on my cell phone on my way home from work today. I answered (even though I didn't recognize the number) and it was a recorded message about how I had won a cruise of some sort. I didn't take the time to listen to the rest...just hung up. Maybe I missed out....but I think not!

must be a rash of this - I got one in mail yesterday that I'd won a cruise for 2 etc etc. looking at fine print - was a timeshare thing

We received a phone call tonight that our name was drawn at Columbian Emeralds in St Thomas (while on our cruise in March) for a trip for 2 (80% paid) to our choice of destinations in the caribbean. She wanted both my husband and myself on the phone. I have googled the company with no luck. Has anyone else received a phone call or email from them?

I've had a couple of these on my home phone - maybe not with the same company, but both times I have 'won' a cruise.

Hang up. They are all scams. They want personal information, and then they will ask for a cc number for 'fees'. Run away!!

I would be very cautious when getting such a phone call. It's very important not to give any personal information no matter how credible everything sounds. Always ask appropriate questions, be on the offensive. :)

BTW, what did you end up telling the caller?

I got a call the other day and I won a cruise or $2500. I told them to send me a cheque and then hung up on them.

Not all of these are hoax. I entered an online sweepstakes from a well known travel agency on the west coast and actually won. I was sceptical at first when I got the email, but I checked it out and it was legit.

:D :D 10 days on the Regent Navigator.

Any time you receive a call that you have 'won' something, but it will cost you to receive the prize you should decline!! NEVER give your credit card or bank info to someone who has called you, no matter how good it sounds! That is how scam artists get access to people's accounts and wipe out their bank accounts or charge their credit cards to the max.

My guess would be that the 20% that would be your cost would be the "arm and leg" charge.:) Many many years ago my DH rec'd a call similar, only his name was drawn from the local ferry service. The caller became quite rude when we wouldn't give our cc#, "Why are you people asking so many questions!!!!I'm trying to give you a free vacation blah..blah..blah.." I guess the answers we gave did not make him happy and he hung up on us. Several months later when we needed to use the ferry again, we asked at the desk what was that all about..Their response," Every so often this group comes in and asks if they can set up a "free vacation raffel" (supposedly they're in the TA Business and this is networking) and they are to give the Ferry Service free advertising through their business. In short it was nothing more than a scam. The best advice is to chose your vacation, for the price you want to pay, when you want to go, where you want to go....otherwise "free" might cost you plenty.

No, but my long lost third uncle has just died in Nigeria, and left all of his fortunes to me. I just need to provide my bank account and brokerage numbers to their law office, and they will forward all of the moneys to me.

Anybody out there interested in getting some of the money from my "uncle"?

Hypo

I think that's the worst type of scammer, the ones that prey on the elderly. Even if you see your folks as pretty savy sometimes they're caught just at the wrong time and BAM!!they got 'em. My mom at 87 does most everything herself and is very "street smart", but that didn't stop her from letting some guy who was 'Just driving by and happen to see through the trees full of leaves that you need two new chimney caps and for only $400. I can ...." She let him do the work, not wanting to bother us with. You may say that's not so bad but....she paid the guy cash, he now knew she had $$ in the house. When she told us this later in the day DH and I came over just to see what he did etc....besides the work (which was ok) we found a piece of wood jammed into the door lock so the locking mechanism couldn't work. Did he do it? We had no proof....but we and she learned a very valuable lesson. Don't let anyone come to your home unless you call them.

Archived