Carnival Rep confirms Baltimore

Feistyred

I was so excited. But I'm not excited about the itinerary and the prices.

Over $1,000 for a balcony for the GT/HMC/Freeport itinerary? Over $1,000 for an INSIDE on some of the sailings?

HMC/St Thomas/San Juan/GT from Miami is also going to be expensive but since that has only 2 sea days, an inside at $609 seems a lot more reasonable.

Of course, air to Miami may be $400 each in a year. But I like that itinerary better.

Again, if I just want a Bahamas cruise, I'll drive to Jacksonville. I could do a B2B and get 9 or 10 days for <$800 for an inside, both sailings.

Still, I'm all for them putting ships in other ports.

Now, just put one in Norfolk and Charleston and add Bermuda to the options! Please!

Hi Sharon, I'm happy to see you posting and glad you made it through the storms alright. Yes, they were brutal but thankfully we are in a part of Columbia that usually does not lose power. (Hope lightening doesn't strike me now. :eek: LOL)

I can hardly wait to see the Pride come into the harbor the first time. It was funny, the other day they had the electronic signs above 695 on as you drove into B'more. The sign stated something about cruise port traffic at a certain time. I had not seen that on one of the signs before and commented to dh about it thinking it was for NCL or RCI. Must have been a good omen, yes? :)

Wow! We now have 3 cruise lines that sail out of here. Carnival is the only one I am interested in but oh my, are we growing. Maybe the others will lower their prices now. ;)

We used to live in the Long Reach area and we almost never lost power there. We are now in an area that was here before Columbia (wanted to get away from those Columbia fees) and the utilities are all above ground which is a nightmare. We have gone out more in the 7 years that we've lived here, than the 20+ years we lived over there. We keep talking about getting a generator, but so far we haven't. :confused:

I think the sign was a good omen! I haven't cruised out of Baltimore on anything except the Miracle which I loved. My sister did an 11-day on Celebrity which she hated. Said she would not go back on anything but Carnival -- I trained her well. I called her this morning and told her to decide when she wants to go next fall and I would book us. I'm really looking forward to going out of there again!!!!

I have been reading this thread from inception. Just did some research, and flights from NY are only $197 - just a hop, skip and jump flight of 1 hour 40 minutes. Plenty of airlines flying there - shuttles, I guess. Much cheaper than flying to Florida! (airfares are 350-600 as a comparison) Though I have done this itinerary, it may be worthwhile to keep my eye on it for the (2010) future!

Did you check AMTRAK prices? Whenever we go out of NYC we take AMTRAK up -- both cheaper and faster than flying. Plus you get closer to the port.

My kids love a cruise in general so the itinerary isn't going to bother us any but when driving or flying with 4 it can get expensive. We can drive to Baltimore in about 3 hours which is absolutely fantastic. I am looking into November 2009 as we really like sailing that time of year. Now I just need to get the money together to put down the deposit - of course I should probably finish paying for this years Splendor in November:) .

Good morning one and all.

I have a little something that might make a few of your days/weeks/months and put a smile on you faces. :)

This is a service that has been in London & Europe for a while. Came to the states and is now making it's way to to east coast.

I can ride from Baltimore to NYC for as little at $2.00 one way or the max I have seen is $16.00 one way. It also is going to Toronto at this time with more locations destined for the future. It's called " megabus " and you can get to their site by putting in www dot megabus dot com/us

Check it out. for a round trip cost of $4.00 (and that is with luggage), it is a terrific service.

I can ride from Baltimore to NYC for as little at $2.00 one way or the max I have seen is $16.00 one way. It also is going to Toronto at this time with more locations destined for the future. It's called " megabus " and you can get to their site by putting in www dot megabus dot com/us

Or just click: http://www.megabus.com/us

:rolleyes:

Wow - thanks for the mega bus site. I'll bookmark it for the future. Trip is over 3 hours long - but for the price, who can beat that? I'll check Amtrack when the time gets closer... and I agree - the itinerary is eh. Though we did love HMC when we went in April!

Looks the Mega bus is for light packers. One standard size suitcase and one hand held piece. I might be able to do the standard size suitcase but I need my garment bag. Great site, thanks for posting

I spoke to my PVP yesterday and this is the schedule he gave me:

Well I have been given this as the intinerary for the cruises out of Baltimore:

week one:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

SUN BALTIMORE, MD 5:30 PM

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO), FL 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

THU NASSAU, BAHAMAS 11:00 AM 10:00 PM

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN BALTIMORE, MD 10:00 AM

week two:

PR 09/09/09 6 Night..

MON BALTIMORE, MD 05:30 PM

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED FUN DAY AT SEA

THU PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO), FL 07:00 AM 07:00 PM

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS 07:00 AM 02:00 PM

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

starting at $729.00 balcony,

I have been waiting and hoping Carnival would open Baltimore but I think they could of put together a better itinerary, we love cruising please do not get me wrong, the ship its self is a vacation, I was hoping for maybe Key West

I spoke to my PVP yesterday and this is the schedule he gave me:

Well I have been given this as the intinerary for the cruises out of Baltimore:

week one:

SUN BALTIMORE, MD 5:30 PM

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO), FL 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

THU NASSAU, BAHAMAS 11:00 AM 10:00 PM

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

week two:

PR 09/09/09 6 Night..

MON BALTIMORE, MD 05:30 PM

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED FUN DAY AT SEA

THU PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO), FL 07:00 AM 07:00 PM

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS 07:00 AM 02:00 PM

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

starting at $729.00 balcony,

I have been waiting and hoping Carnival would open Baltimore but I think they could of put together a better itinerary, we love cruising please do not get me wrong, the ship its self is a vacation, I was hoping for maybe Key West

Your PVP is wrong (not the first time). The 6 day is a one time only cruise at the start. The other 7 day looks the same but goes Sunday to Sunday and includes Port Canaveral.

Archived