Restricted Items

Of course - they don't expect you to do an entire cruise on 3 oz of shampoo ;)

The list of prohibited items is on the website - Customer Support - FAQ - Onboard Policies

I know that any liquids over 3 ounces are banned at the airport, but are they okay to bring on the ship?

Here is their list. Promise you will not laugh. :D

What Not To Pack

For the safely of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard: Electrical Transformers, Coffee Makers, Candles, Irons, Illegal Drugs, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, such as fireworks. For security purposes, we also recommend not packing any valuables (such as jewelry) in your checked luggage.

Oh, they took off the hockey sticks and skate boards. ;)

EDIT: Nope, I found the list in another area of the website.

: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard.

Prohibited items: Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

No one at cruise terminal security cares if you have a large tube of toothpaste, a giant bottle of shampoo or a huge container of liquid makeup.

:)

So we can have big bottles of shampoo, mouthwash, whatever in our checked bags, but not our carryon, if we were following TSA rules. (I agree with the previous poster that while they SAY this, the distinction between carryon and checked is a bit more blurred if we're going to have our luggage on the ship anyway, and I doubt they'd enforce it in the same way.)

I'm currently packing for 6 of us ... 5 flying Tuesday, one flying Thursday, 2 sailing Friday. Arranging the logistics of what needs to be carried on and what can't be carried on and who needs what when would make a good comedy movie.

Restrictions such as the 3 oz. limit for liquids and creams in your carryon are limited to your air flights and have no bearing on what you can bring onboard the ship in your carryons or your checked luggage. Check one of the above posts or the RCI website for a list of items that you are not permitted to bring onboard and note that those restrictions make no distinction as to whether they are in your carryons or your checked bags.:)

You are allowed to bring up to 200lbs of stuff---it doesn't matter if it's solid or liquid. The ship's don't do that TSA bull**** that the airlines do. Bring what you want!

Subject of course to the restrictions listed on their website and in their brochures.

Here is their list. Promise you will not laugh. :D

What Not To Pack

For the safely of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard: Electrical Transformers, Coffee Makers, Candles, Irons, Illegal Drugs, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, such as fireworks. For security purposes, we also recommend not packing any valuables (such as jewelry) in your checked luggage.

Oh, they took off the hockey sticks and skate boards. ;)

EDIT: Nope, I found the list in another area of the website.

: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard.

Prohibited items: Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

Sweet, so a bicycle is OK! And I can't bring my coffee maker, but my coffee grinder, electric kettle and french press are allowed. :D

I am always amused when they say that they prohibit "electrical transformers", yet every passenger has at least a cell phone charger and probably some battery chargers for various camera batteries and electronic toys. All of those "wall warts" are transformers.

Just off the Vision yesterday when DH's luggage didn't arrive with the rest we were a bit concerned then we got a call saying it contained a prohibited item and we would have to go to the first floor to claim his bag. When I inquired as to the prohibited item (we had not brought along anything we knew to be prohibited such as irons or alcohol). They told me it was an electrical fan, I acknowledged that DH had brought along a 4 inch electric mini fan to create white noise so that he could sleep. They told me it might pull too much current, I said no problem just show me where in your policy it is prohibited they said they would look it up and consider its use since their was a legitimate purpose (not sure what illegitimate use of a fan might be) When DH went down to claim his luggage they jokingly told him "sir we had to take it as it is a danger and might blow you away" before he could say anything they gave him his bag and his fan. We did not think too much of it except when we got off the ship and saw another identical fan along with many travel irons at a table by the door, labeled and ready to be picked up by their owners. Interestingly their was no alcohol in this pile so maybe that was taken elsewhere not really sure. I have no problem with items being held which are prohibited and was glad to know they were checking with such detail however if they hold something back of yours that is not stated ask why and explain your purpose for having it and you never know you may just get to keep it.

Archived