I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ dottedline

If you wanted to do it cheaper you could take a big taxi from the airport and put all your luggage plus 2-4 persons or how many you could fit in and let the rest take the train to the central station.

One single ticket cost 36 DKK and a taxi around 200 DKK.

I have found out that airport transfers are insanely expensive so i would go for the ordinary taxi´s.

@ amberlee446

You can purchase the tickets in the bus be using USD and Euro notes (not coins) and you will get back in danish coins and notes.

The ticket cost 24 DKK.

@ joy2cruise

Sundkaj and Orientkaj is situated at the freeport terminal in nothern part of the harbour.

The closest station is Nordhavn that is served by the S-trains.

From the central station you just take a northbound S-train from track 9-10 and from Nordhavn you can both see the ships but you can also follow the line that are marked along the way from Nordhavn to the freeport terminal.

Does the train(029) have room for big luggage?

There will be 4 of us, each with a big luggage and a carry-on. I read your suggestion about using a taxi and train combination but was wondering if we can make it fit in the train.

We have purchased the CPH card so using the train would be free.

Also, I used googlemaps and it only gave me the 029 train, will there be other trains and will Kobenhavn H be the last stop?

Thanks in advance!

In reply to my earlier post where I was enquiring as to how to get to the Carlsberg Brewery from Langelinie Pier, I just thought I would warn anybody who is visiting on a Sunday (as we did) that the number 26 bus does not run, or at least it was not running that day according to the sign on the post. Instead we caught the HOHO bus, which takes you to the Brewery, as well as many other sights in Copenhagen.

Originally Posted by Danish viking viewpost.gif

Bus number 26 (direction Ålholm Plads) will get you all the way to Carlsberg, use the bus stop at Kammasvej.

http://www.visitcarlsberg.dk/Pages/front.aspx

But remember that when you get back to Langelinie pier you should take the bus that are heading to Langelinie (the cruise ships) and not Færgehavn Nord.

That is also the reason why i ask for a date when someone asks for transportation to and from the freeport terminal.

And if you had been following the post´s here you would have noticed that the bus are not running to the freeport terminal on weekends and public holidays.

@ lrlopue

I am not aware of any trains with that line number, the only trains from the airport are the Øresunds trains to the central station and further on to Nivå and Helsingør/Elsinore and metro line M2 to Kongens Nytorv, Nørreport and further out to Frederiksberg and Vanløse.

But what is our destination, the cruiseship or a hotel.

Thank you for all the info, and I am sure that my question has been answered somewhere, but.... information today says that my ship will be docking at Frihavn and no shuttles will be available. Do taxis usually line up there when a ship comes in? What is the approximate cost of a taxi from Frihavn to town center OR Vasa Museum? We do NOT want totake a ship tour. Thank you again.

Thank you for all the info, and I am sure that my question has been answered somewhere, but.... information today says that my ship will be docking at Frihavn and no shuttles will be available. Do taxis usually line up there when a ship comes in? What is the approximate cost of a taxi from Frihavn to town center OR Vasa Museum? We do NOT want totake a ship tour. Thank you again.

Vasa museum is in Stockholm.

Danish Viking,

Thanks for all your info...I have tried to read quite a few of your posts and found out alot of great info. Could you possible tell me the approx. cost of a taxi from the airport to the Mayfair Clarion, city center. We fly all night and will probably just want to take a taxi rather than the bus or train with all our luggage. We are looking forward to seeing some or the sights you have suggested as we are only in Copenhagen for about 24 hours before boarding the Emerald. Thanks again.

Corinne

We are flying in a day early and will be staying in a hotel that was booked by Holland America. We still do not know the hotel. I want to go to Tivoli Gardens that night. Can we use Euros there?

@ lrlopue

I am not aware of any trains with that line number, the only trains from the airport are the Øresunds trains to the central station and further on to Nivå and Helsingør/Elsinore and metro line M2 to Kongens Nytorv, Nørreport and further out to Frederiksberg and Vanløse.

But what is our destination, the cruiseship or a hotel.

Hotel, I know how to get to from the central station to the hotel, I'm just not sure what train to use to get to central station. If we use the M2 I think we have to change trains.

If we do decide to take a taxi, are there big taxis or do we need to take 2?

Danish Viking

Thanks for the help.

We will be arriving at the Crowne Plaza onthe 28th May 2011 and then leaving from there to get to the Port on Sunday 29th May 2011 to board Vision of the Seas.

As for museums, the most important is the one that has some of the poetic eddas on display (OH knows the name, sorry I cannot remember atm). He is also planning on Viking exhibts and older rahter than more recent history.

@ shoppern

A taxi from the freeport terminal is around 150 DKK and there should be plenty of taxi´s at the pier.

@ cormike1

Around 250-300 DKK for a taxi from the airport to downtown Copenhagen.

@ vmcpa

I am guessing that Tivoli will accept euro´s but im not sure, but else you can find alot of ATM´s around Tivoli.

@ lrlopue

Just take the regular train and remember not to take a train heading for Malmö :p

At the airport there will be lines for both big taxi´s and the small ones.

@ Mydnite

You can take a Øresund train to either København H (central Station), Nørreport or Østerport and take a northbound S-train to Nordhavn station and walk from there

Or take Metro Line M1 to Nørreport and then a Northbound S-train from there to Nordhavn station.

You can walk from there to the freeport terminal and there are a marked line on the street to the terminal from the station or take a taxi from either of the stations if you want to safe some money.

I am lost one wich museum you talk about.

@ CintiPam

You will have to change trains at Nørreport if you use the metro.

Just take the regular train (øresund train) to the central station (København H) and you will almost be at your hotel.

You will have to change trains at Nørreport if you use the metro.

Just take the regular train (øresund train) to the central station (København H) and you will almost be at your hotel.

We found 'regular' trains often difficult to negotiate with luggage. So I thought it may be easier to take metro from the airport and then change at Nørreport to the S-tog (both of which appear to have easier access).

My question is, at Nørreportcan we change trains without having to take any steps (meaning are there escalators or lifts)? We want to get to the Clarion Mayfair.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi, Thanks for all your info. I searched for the answer to my question but could not see a clear reply (maybe the way I phrased it?) My question is- how much roughly is a taxi fare from the ships port to the airport.

@ boeckli

There are escalators and elevators on all stations but Nørreport can be a little bit difficult because the 2 platforms for the trains and S-trains are allready underground so the Metro platform is build even further underground.

@ Colsers

You should expect around 300 DKK for a taxi trip from the airport its cheaper if you avoid the motorway/freeway because it will take a detour to central Copenhagen.

@ Scoutdad

If you walk this woul be the shortest route.

http://map.krak.dk/m/arCWB

The scenic route through the Christiansborg Castle

http://map.krak.dk/m/arC7n

If you take bus 29 to City Hall Square (direction Jyllinge) from the main street Holbergsgade next to the hotel.

But from nearby Børsen (stock exchange) or Kongen Nytorv there are several options.

@ vmcpa

Was my first answer not good enough :p

@ boeckli

There are escalators and elevators on all stations but Nørreport can be a little bit difficult because the 2 platforms for the trains and S-trains are allready underground so the Metro platform is build even further underground.

Not sure what you mean by "a little bit difficult" ... will it be more difficult getting around the station than getting in and out of an "ordinary train" with luggage??

Thank you for that info, very helpful. Just one more question, you have answered it before I believe but just want to confirm. Are we able to get a taxi easily from the seaport to the airport when the ship docks? I did read on another, less informative, forum that there may be a difficulty getting one?

@ boeckli

Sorry it was late when posted it.

I was trying to say that the Øresund trains from the airport has a low floor carriage in the middle of the trainset, each trainset consist of 3 carriages.

So acces to the train should not be a problem.

But if you use the metro then you will have to use 2 escalator/elevators to get from the metro platform to the S-train/train platforms.

First from the metro platform to the pedestrian tunnel and then from the pedestrian tunnel and up to the other platforms.

Here is a map with a walking route from the pier to Nordhavn and further on to the ATM at Danske Bank.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aqInx

As you can see on this map the busstop is located on the other side of the tracks and there are no elevators and you will have both go under a tunnel and then over a bridge.

The tracks are elevated so the tunnel is without stairs so its "only" the 2 flighs of stairs at the bridge that you have to climb.

Also worth noticing is that there is some road construction so the bus stops for route 26 are relocated 50-100 meters.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Nordhavn.pdf

But remember that the bus only reach Nordhavn and the freeport terminal on monday to fridays.

Hello Danish Viking...thank you for the info.

We'll be arriving via Eurodam on a Sunday. You mentioned that the bus only runs Monday to Friday. Any good options on a Sunday.

We love to walk and think nothing of walking a few miles to get to places.

Also, being a Sunday, and only being in port that one day, will most stores and other attractions be open on Saunday?

Thank you.

San Diego Steve

Archived