I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

This is a wonderful thread, and I have found lots of useful information! I have one question that I hope someone can answer: I am boarding a cruise this summer in Copenhagen and I wonder if I can buy pomegranate juice there? I take a glass of this juice every day for medical reasons, and it would be convenient to buy it there to take on the cruise rather than bring it all the way from the US (the weight is a concern, and if the bottles break in the luggage, all the clothes would be damaged). I need 100% pure pomegranate juice, not mixed with any other juice, and no sugar or cocktails. If it is sold in any grocery stores, what would be the approximate price? Thanks very much for the information!

This is a wonderful thread, and I have found lots of useful information! I have one question that I hope someone can answer: I am boarding a cruise this summer in Copenhagen and I wonder if I can buy pomegranate juice there? I take a glass of this juice every day for medical reasons, and it would be convenient to buy it there to take on the cruise rather than bring it all the way from the US (the weight is a concern, and if the bottles break in the luggage, all the clothes would be damaged). I need 100% pure pomegranate juice, not mixed with any other juice, and no sugar or cocktails. If it is sold in any grocery stores, what would be the approximate price? Thanks very much for the information!

My gut instinct is to tell you to bring it BECAUSE as wonderful as CPH is, the stores (grocery especially) are not reliable and are not stocked anywhere NEAR what the US stores are. Most are no bigger than a good size 7/11 in the US.

I would think that an IRMA may have the juice, but that is just a GUESS on my part. They are the "high end" grocery store chain here, and if anyone had it, they would be the ones.

There are also quite a few health stores around, but I've honestly never seen juice in there.

I will take a peek this week while I am out shopping and see if I spot any.

BUT -

even if I spot it NOW, it does NOT guarantee that it will be on the shelves during the time you are here.

If you absolutely must have it while on your cruise, I'd think that you'd rather be safe than sorry and just bring it with you so that you know you have it.

In re to pomegranate juice - how about shipping it to the ship?

can that be done? can you really ship things to a ship who is only in port for a day or so? Do they have a 'mail address' where they would actually get mail?

Sorry, but I've just never heard of this before and am awfully curious if you can do this.

For the person who needs it - - do they sell a powdered kind that you can rehydrate on board?

Hello CruisinEurope!

Another question (which if already answered in this 44 page monster - I apologize - and yes, I did a search)...

I heard (a rumor hopefully) that The Little Mermaid statue was "on tour" - could this possibly be true? I know that galleries frequently loan their artwork to other galleries however I would find it odd that such an iconic "landmark" would be loaned out/on tour.

Hello CruisinEurope!

Another question (which if already answered in this 44 page monster - I apologize - and yes, I did a search)...

I heard (a rumor hopefully) that The Little Mermaid statue was "on tour" - could this possibly be true? I know that galleries frequently loan their artwork to other galleries however I would find it odd that such an iconic "landmark" would be loaned out/on tour.

Unfortunately it is true. She will be going on tour in May 2010 (though, there is some speculation that she may go a bit earlier) to China for an exhibit of national "mascots".

This is causing a lot of controversy in Denmark, I'd venture to say that most people think that the politicians that agreed to let her go are nuts.

She will be going on tour in May 2010

That was fast... ;)

So, she is currently on tour and will be on tour AGAIN next May?

We will be in Copenhagen in June 2009. I suppose we'll have to take pictures of the empty rock and then do some PhotoShop magic to superimpose a translucent mermaid in place and add a caption: Imagine that we had visited when she was here...

That would make a more interesting addition to the scrapbook anyway... :)

That was fast... ;)

So, she is currently on tour and will be on tour AGAIN next May?

We will be in Copenhagen in June 2009. I suppose we'll have to take pictures of the empty rock and then do some PhotoShop magic to superimpose a translucent mermaid in place and add a caption: Imagine that we had visited when she was here...

That would make a more interesting addition to the scrapbook anyway... :)

no, she's here NOW and will be UNTIL May 2010 (though a bit earlier is probable).

Hi! We'll be in Copenhagen around May 17th........staying on for a few days after we disembark from the Princess. We are staying at the Radisson SAS Scandinavia on Amager.....is there anything within walking distance from the hotel to see??

Can we buy a CPH card at the hotel?? Also, is it pretty easy to go across the bridge to see Malmo, or Lund in Sweden??

Would the CPH card cover the transportation across the bridge to Sweden?? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Paula :)

Hi! We'll be in Copenhagen around May 17th........staying on for a few days after we disembark from the Princess. We are staying at the Radisson SAS Scandinavia on Amager.....is there anything within walking distance from the hotel to see??

Can we buy a CPH card at the hotel?? Also, is it pretty easy to go across the bridge to see Malmo, or Lund in Sweden??

Would the CPH card cover the transportation across the bridge to Sweden?? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm sure one of the experts will give you specific answers, but in the mean time this link might be helpful.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/cphcard/what's_included?

Hi! Sorry to say, but it's a "no" on all accounts.

Nothing really worth seeing out on Amager. Going to need to use the bus to get into the city proper.

You can probably purchase the CPH card at the hotel - I'd personally call and ask though to make sure. Websites sometimes aren't always up to date.

You can get across the bridge to Malmo via train or car. You can get out to Lund via a bus tour that does "the three cities" (CPH, Lund, Malmo). It's offered by the main tourist office, but only runs on certain days.

No, the CPH card won't get you across the bridge, or on the ferry. That will be a separate fee.

Sorry to be so negative... I really don't mean it to sound so horrible. LOL

CPH is so very easy to navigate, but getting over to Sweden does take a bit of planning if you're going to go to Malmo. Otherwise, the ferry to Helsingborg goes regularly and is very easy to do (though there isn't a heck of a lot to see/do there)

I'm sure one of the experts will give you specific answers, but in the mean time this link might be helpful.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/cphcard/what's_included?

Thank-You!! It's a good website. I appreciate your input.......I'm so

excited because my family's background is Swedish and my husband's is

Danish.....so we want to make the most of it!! Paula :)

Hi! Sorry to say, but it's a "no" on all accounts.

Nothing really worth seeing out on Amager. Going to need to use the bus to get into the city proper.

You can probably purchase the CPH card at the hotel - I'd personally call and ask though to make sure. Websites sometimes aren't always up to date.

You can get across the bridge to Malmo via train or car. You can get out to Lund via a bus tour that does "the three cities" (CPH, Lund, Malmo). It's offered by the main tourist office, but only runs on certain days.

No, the CPH card won't get you across the bridge, or on the ferry. That will be a separate fee.

Sorry to be so negative... I really don't mean it to sound so horrible. LOL

CPH is so very easy to navigate, but getting over to Sweden does take a bit of planning if you're going to go to Malmo. Otherwise, the ferry to Helsingborg goes regularly and is very easy to do (though there isn't a heck of a lot to see/do there)

Thanks so much for the help and info!! As I mentioned in my response to the other post, our family backgrounds are scandinavian, in fact my husband speaks Danish. He learned some from his father, and then lived in other parts of Denmark (NOT Copenhagen) for two years back in the early seventies. He knows things have changed alot, so I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible. Is going to Lund worth it?? I have to at least get to Malmo.....sounds easier than I thought. Look forward to your response. Thanks again, Paula

Thanks so much for the help and info!! As I mentioned in my response to the other post, our family backgrounds are scandinavian, in fact my husband speaks Danish. He learned some from his father, and then lived in other parts of Denmark (NOT Copenhagen) for two years back in the early seventies. He knows things have changed alot, so I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible. Is going to Lund worth it?? I have to at least get to Malmo.....sounds easier than I thought. Look forward to your response. Thanks again, Paula

Lund was ok... nothing that I'd rush out to do. If you do it as part of the 3 cities tour, it's worth it... but not sure that I'd kill myself trying to get out there.

Enjoy your time in Denmark!

This question has probably already been asked, but here goes...we are staying at the Marriott. What is the best way to get a party of seven to the Eurodam? Also, how should get to the hotel from the airport? We are not afraid to use the train system and deal with luggage. All advice is much appreciated!

This question has probably already been asked, but here goes...we are staying at the Marriott. What is the best way to get a party of seven to the Eurodam? Also, how should get to the hotel from the airport? We are not afraid to use the train system and deal with luggage. All advice is much appreciated!

Well, the easiest and most convenient would probably be to divide up into two taxi, the ride is about 15 min.

A cheaper option, and an easy one, but will take a little more time but is more adventurest, is to take the train. There is a train station at the airport which is very convenient. You can take the train to the main station, there's only a few stops between the airport and the main station, so the train ride itself takes only about 15 min as well. From the main station, you can walk to the hotel, but it's about 2 blocks away. I know 2 blocks don't sound like much, but they're not exactly short blocks, and you are traveling with luggage. But, if you're up for it, you can simply walk to the Marriott from the main station, will take about a 12-15 min. walk pending your pace. Or, you can take a taxi from the main station to the Marriott, but the taxi driver may gruff since you are close. I suggest you do a google map overview of the area and zoom in on the satelite option to visually see the distance and judge if this is someting your group can manage with luggage.

Copenhagen is a wonderful city, and you'll love the Marriott as well as your cruise. Have fun.

no, she's here NOW and will be UNTIL May 2010 (though a bit earlier is probable).

I am coming to Copenhagen in June 2010, so it is likely that she would not be there then? My DD will be so disappointed.

Thanks...I think we will use the train to get to the hotel. Love traveling like a local!! Any suggestions on traveling to the ship? Is it possible to go by train or should we just get taxis?

Thanks...I think we will use the train to get to the hotel. Love traveling like a local!! Any suggestions on traveling to the ship? Is it possible to go by train or should we just get taxis?

Good for you. Then you'll definately be traveling like a Dane because they have an excellent transportation sytems, trains/busses, and it's well used. Plus, they do a lot of walking too. So, you'll definately fit in as a local from the airport to hotel.

As for getting to the ship from the the hotel, regrettably, there is no good way to get there by train or bus. You'll have to take a taxi. Check with the concierge with what they can arrange for a taxi to minimize cost. Maybe there's a taxi vehicle that and hold all of you, else take two taxi. Taxi take credit cards which will minimize the need for local currency. Ride from marriott to the hotel, probably 10 min, maybe less if you're lucky with traffic and stop lights.

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and will arrive with Celibrity Century on Tue, May 19. Could you tell how I can know where the ship will be docking, at Free Port or Langelinie ?

As I plan to do the "self-guided 3-hour-walk to the city's major sights" as suggested by the Tourist office, I would like to know how I can reach the center of the city from either Cruise Terminal ?

Thanks !!!

We walked into town from the hotel it is about 15-20 minutes if you are in reasonable shape:)

My wife and I are in our 60's and plan to spend 3 nights in Copenhagen in July prior to our cruise. We've looked forward to this for some time but it has occured to us that for 10days we'll mostly be seeing buildings. Can you suggest any "fun" things to do other than visiting the usual tourist sites. Are there any excursion boats to see seals or other such wildlife? We'll catch the tail end of the Jazz Festival which will occupy some time but when I checked the Copenhagen Card website there seem to be pretty few interactive things available other than transportation and admission to the same old same old. What do native Copenhageners do to amuse themselves once they've experienced all the historic sites? Please don't consider us "ugly Americans" that don't appreciate Danish heritage and culture but we just want to get off the usual tourist trail and do some special and unique things to better relate to daily life of the Danish people. Thanks for the countless hours you have put in answering dumb questions from newbies like myself!

Archived