I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

We did not take taxi from the Airport to the cruise port, and we would not. It is very easy to do by train. You will need a 3-zone ticket. A one-way 3-zoner cost DKK 31.50. (You may also want to consider buying a 10-trip card for DKK 170, if you plan to spend sometime exploring Copenhagen before or after the cruise. You can share the same 10-trip card with your family).

The easiest way is to take the train from Airport to the Central Station (Hobenhavn H), then catch another train to either Osterport or Nordhavn (There are 2 cruise ports in Copenhagen. Please check with your cruise line to make sure which port you are going to). From the train station, you can easily walk to the ship, or take Bus #26 if your happen to catch one, or get a taxi for a short ride if you really have to.)

Don't forget to validate your ticket before you board the train.

Note: Bus #26 is a bit tricky, but not difficult if you know how it works. Let me know if you plan to use it.

Excuse me if I've already posted this, but I'm trying to find out if there is somewhere to buy wine in Copenhagen that would be less costly than buying it on the ship!

We are staying in the middle of the main square, which probably isn't the most ideal location to get a bargain on alcohol, but just looking for a wine shop somewhere in the area that might be less expensive than the ship's prices!

I heard there is a deer park in Copenhagen, somewhere near the Bakken park? Can anyone tell me more about it? Does it worth a visit? How long should I plan to stay there?

Thanks.

@ singingbell

I think that it would be a little bit rushed because you will be at Hillerød around 14:00 (if you leave around 13:00 from Copenhagen) and the concert will start at 16:00.

Thank you Danish viking! We decided not to go to Fredensborg and spent the entire afternoon at Frederiksborg Slot, and we were very glad we did! The museum and the gardens were breathtakingly beautiful. I would have happily spent three days there.

Where do I find info on the Richard Karpen tours? Sounds fun!

A few threads earlier showed his web site. http://www.copenhagenwalks.com/1024x768/default.htm

Here are a couple pictures I took last year. It gives you an idea what he looks like. At the time he said that our group was larger than usual, but we all enjoyed his show and guidance.

b407.jpg

b425.jpg

@ tequilatamm

If i not remember it wrong there is a wine store located very close to the bus terminal at the town hall square.

@ samli

You walk trough the deerpark to enter the Bakken amusement park (oldest i the world), you reach the park by taking S-train line C to Klampenborg.

I can spend all my day in both parks and entrance to Bakken is free so you can easily do both.

I checked the weather throughout the Baltic region for our upcoming cruise. Looks like there's a chance of rain everyday. My question is: When you get a forecast that predicts rain does it tend to rain all day; or stay cloudy for most of the day and then rain for an hour or two later in the afternoon?

Nancy

We want to rent bikes and ride around Copenhagen. I have a 10 year old daughter who is pretty small for her age. Two questions - 1) Am I going to be able to find the free city bikes by the pier or are they immediatly used up by cruisers? 2) Do they have free KIDS city bikes? If not, any idea where I could rent a kids bike - the only place I can find on the internet looked like it was charging 1000 dkr to rent a kids bike (I can buy one for cheaper!)

Arriving in Copenhagen by ship on Saturday....can you buy tickets on the DFDS boats and pay by credit card..can we take the boat frm Langeline...is it only the Ho Ho boats from that area...where is Nyhaven in relation to Langeline??

Thanks

We were hoping to use the waterbuses for transportation from Langeline to centre of Copenhagen to join a walking tour which starts at 10.30 am. From what I can tell the waterbuses don't start until after 10am?? We were hoping to by all day pass for tours and waterbus?

The city waterbus? They do start before 10am....we were waiting on one arriving at the Black Diamond at 9:50am, while they had their mandatory 10 minute break. So I know that 10am wasn't the first one. I have a schedule at home I can check for you tonight.

You can get the waterbus from Nordre Toldbod, the closest it goes to Langeline and a fair bit closer than the Nyhavn stop.

The city waterbus? They do start before 10am....we were waiting on one arriving at the Black Diamond at 9:50am, while they had their mandatory 10 minute break. So I know that 10am wasn't the first one. I have a schedule at home I can check for you tonight.

You can get the waterbus from Nordre Toldbod, the closest it goes to Langeline and a fair bit closer than the Nyhavn stop.

The first waterbus on the DFDS schedule from Langeline seems to be 10.20....which is too late for the 10.30 am tour. Anyone else know if there are any earlier????

I'm having a last minute change of plan.....help!!!!!

The first waterbus on the DFDS schedule from Langeline seems to be 10.20....which is too late for the 10.30 am tour. Anyone else know if there are any earlier????

I'm having a last minute change of plan.....help!!!!!

Yes, but I'm not talking about the DFDS "green line" boat. I'm talking about the yellow Movia waterbus, route 901, from Nordre Toldbod to the Royal Library "Black Diamond".

Info needed ......:confused:

Does anyone know which Port RCI ships dock at? is it Freeport or Osterport? so we know which station to get off at.

Also does the Airport have left luggage lockers ? our return flight is not until late afternoon and want to do a bit of sightseeing before the flight.

Yes, but I'm not talking about the DFDS "green line" boat. I'm talking about the yellow Movia waterbus, route 901, from Nordre Toldbod to the Royal Library "Black Diamond".

Line 901 starts at 7am M-F and 10am otherwise (including Holidays). You're not in on a weekend are you?

What about the 26 bus? Assuming it fits your schedule, it takes you directly to Radhusplasden from Langeline. No messing around with having to walk to/from the point where you embark/disembark the waterbus.

Info needed ......:confused:

Also does the Airport have left luggage lockers ? our return flight is not until late afternoon and want to do a bit of sightseeing before the flight.

They do

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Facilities/Facility+Map/Others/Left+Luggage+Terminal+2.htm

Or you can go into the city centre & use the lockers at the train station then take the train to the airport after you do your tours

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Parking+and+Transport/By+Train/

Do you have maps or futher info? I can't find any info on Movia!!

Thanks

Do you have maps or futher info? I can't find any info on Movia!!

Thanks

Here's the map:

Cph_habour_transportation.jpg

And this is what the boats look like:

Img_3492.jpg

And this is Nordre Toldbod:

Img_3394.jpg

Edit: And here's a link to the timetable:

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/koreplaner/sogeresultat/Pages/Linje.aspx?direction_gid=9012200090110000&linegid=9011200090100000&line_name=901

Here's the map:

Cph_habour_transportation.jpg

And this is what the boats look like:

Img_3492.jpg

And this is Nordre Toldbod:

Img_3394.jpg

Edit: And here's a link to the timetable:

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/koreplaner/sogeresultat/Pages/Linje.aspx?direction_gid=9012200090110000&linegid=9011200090100000&line_name=901

Thanks for the wonderful info!

So we would need to walk how far do you think?

Here is a description of where to pick up the guided walking tour. Which is the stop for it? Sorry for so many daft questions!!!

The Tourist Information Office is located near the intersection of the streets Bernstorffsgade and Vesterbrogade (The Hard Rock Cafe is on the opposite corner), near the Main Train Station and next to the Tivoli Gardens. Across the street is the Radisson SAS Royal Hotel. Tickets for the tours are purchased from Hans Christian Andersen inside the Tourist Information Office

Line 901 starts at 7am M-F and 10am otherwise (including Holidays). You're not in on a weekend are you?

What about the 26 bus? Assuming it fits your schedule, it takes you directly to Radhusplasden from Langeline. No messing around with having to walk to/from the point where you embark/disembark the waterbus.

We need to be at the Tourist Info by 10.30am for a Hans Christian Anderson walking tour....so we don't mind which way we get there....as long as it's cheap!!!!

Do you have a scehdule for that one?

Thanks for the wonderful info!

So we would need to walk how far do you think?

Depends somewhat on where along Langeline you end up berthing, but I'd say between 5 and 10 minutes to Nordre Toldbod and 10 minutes from the Black Diamond to the TI Office.

Line 26 bus, Langeline to Radhuspladsen, schedule here:

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/koreplaner/sogeresultat/Pages/Linje.aspx?direction_gid=9012200002600000&line_name=26&active=1&linegid=9011200002600000&next_stop=

Archived