Celebrity`s 2 Day Sale June 24 & 25

Cruise Junky

For those that perhaps aren`t on Celebrity`s mailing list. Book a new cruise (not on Xpedition, Solstice or Equinox) sailing between Oct 1 2008 and Nov 30, 2009... 50% deposit sale and $50 - $200 OBC depending on length of cruise. Only takes 9 nights to get the $200. Mailing came direct from Celebrity.

For those that perhaps aren`t on Celebrity`s mailing list. Book a new cruise (not on Xpedition, Solstice or Equinox) sailing between Oct 1 2008 and Nov 30, 2009... 50% deposit sale and $50 - $200 OBC depending on length of cruise. Only takes 9 nights to get the $200. Mailing came direct from Celebrity.

Does anyone know whether an OBC provided by =X= (like in this sale) precludes additional OBC's from a TA? The idea is to book thru =X='s site for the sale then transfer it later to a TA for the additional OBC. :confused:

Does anyone know whether an OBC provided by =X= (like in this sale) precludes additional OBC's from a TA? The idea is to book thru =X='s site for the sale then transfer it later to a TA for the additional OBC. :confused:

According to what I see, the onboard credit is not combinable with other credits. I know that in the past these special offers from Celebrity with reduced deposit and the onboard credit were not combinable with other offers including booking onboard and shareholder credits.

According to what I see, the onboard credit is not combinable with other credits. I know that in the past these special offers from Celebrity with reduced deposit and the onboard credit were not combinable with other offers including booking onboard and shareholder credits.

Thanks, but what about an OBC that a TA would offer you for your business?

If you lose your shareholder credit or future cruise credit, what possible reason would it be to book under this sale?

I've had an email from a TA with this sale and offering OBC, amount depending on the length of the cruise, and pre-paid gratuities. This is not the TA we usually use, but one we have used in the past. I had already been looking at an itinerary in November '09, so I'll be contacting our TA to see if she will match the offer I received in my email.

I've had an email from a TA with this sale and offering OBC, amount depending on the length of the cruise, and pre-paid gratuities. This is not the TA we usually use, but one we have used in the past. I had already been looking at an itinerary in November '09, so I'll be contacting our TA to see if she will match the offer I received in my email.

I probably got the same e-mail from an on line TA. It's for ocean view or better cabins and new bookings only. If you are already booked you can't apply it to your existing cruise. This TA made it sound like it was only them that was doing it, but with other people saying theirs came from Celebrity, it could any TA could get this deal.

I probably got the same e-mail from an on line TA. It's for ocean view or better cabins and new bookings only. If you are already booked you can't apply it to your existing cruise. This TA made it sound like it was only them that was doing it, but with other people saying theirs came from Celebrity, it could any TA could get this deal.

It definitely came from Celebrity directly...

To book your cruise, see your travel agent, call

1-888-305-9153, or visit www.CelebrityCruises.com.

Open 10:00 AM to Midnight 7 Days A Week

Does anyone know if they allow a cancel and re-book to get the OBC?

Hi Andver13 !

In past promotions similar to this, you were not allowed to cancel and re-book. Of course, it never hurts to ask, but I believe the answer will be no.

I got the email both directly from Celebrity and from "that" online travel agent. The difference being that the online agent also included pre-paid gratuities. On the 21 day B2B we're looking at that's a substantial savings, expecially coupled with $300 in OBC (for both legs). Although that is not our usual TA, we have booked with them once before and were very satisfied. The email from Celebrity said to call your travel agent or contact Celebrity directly, so you can definitely book this through your TA. Since we haven't yet booked the itinerary I was just looking at this morning (!) for November, 2009, we can definitely take advantage of this special.

Last October, we booked a cruise on the Millie for Jan, 08. It was a special price with an OBC of $100 per cabin. I cannot recall if we got a reduced deposit. Since it was very close to the final payment date, a reduced deposit would not be very significant.

In our case, we got the OBC and booked the cruise through our travel agent. In addition, we also got the shareholder OB credit by sending the booking information to shareholder services.

The deal even got sweeter a month or so later when =X= put a veranda guarantee on sale (without an OBC). Our TA was able to change our rerservation, save us a few extra $$$ and retain the original OBC.

Les

Last October, we booked a cruise on the Millie for Jan, 08. It was a special price with an OBC of $100 per cabin. I cannot recall if we got a reduced deposit. Since it was very close to the final payment date, a reduced deposit would not be very significant.

In our case, we got the OBC and booked the cruise through our travel agent. In addition, we also got the shareholder OB credit by sending the booking information to shareholder services.

The deal even got sweeter a month or so later when =X= put a veranda guarantee on sale (without an OBC). Our TA was able to change our rerservation, save us a few extra $$$ and retain the original OBC.

Les

No doubt some still get the Shareholders Credit but the disclaimer reads otherwise.These threads have had stories both ways.It seems if you book this sale then later fax the OBC request there is a chance,not sure whether it would be fair good or excellent,that you will get the credit.I can remotely see why you may not be able to use a Onboard Future bookings on this sale but you should be able to use the Shareholders.I'm sure if 10 of us called Celebrity on this we would get several different answers------BT

I have gotten mailings from Celebrity in the past, but not this time. I even checked my spam box and not there either. I was just wondering if anyone else that usually gets mailings from Celebrity did not get this one either?

And, is there a way for me to check on whether I am signed up to get Celebrity mailings?

I have gotten mailings from Celebrity in the past, but not this time. I even checked my spam box and not there either. I was just wondering if anyone else that usually gets mailings from Celebrity did not get this one either?

And, is there a way for me to check on whether I am signed up to get Celebrity mailings?

Log into Captains Club page at celebrity.com and and you should be able to check..............Frank:)

I thought it was pretty sh+++y of then to exclude the Solstice. Like they are really losing money on the deal ($100 ship board credit probably costs them $25-50 MAX!) Not prepaying $1000 or so this early in deposit is definitely an incentive for us to book early, and we got this very deal on Royal Caribbean last year, and they didn't have any ship restrictions. I e-mailed their customer service and gave them my 2-cents!

I thought it was pretty sh+++y of then to exclude the Solstice. Like they are really losing money on the deal ($100 ship board credit probably costs them $25-50 MAX!) Not prepaying $1000 or so this early in deposit is definitely an incentive for us to book early, and we got this very deal on Royal Caribbean last year, and they didn't have any ship restrictions. I e-mailed their customer service and gave them my 2-cents!

Probably just "supply and demand". Perhaps no need to offer specials on the brand new ships.

I thought that shareholder credits were combinable with just about anything and everything. If not, what's the point of buying the stock, other than IF you think the stock is a good buy for other reasons?

I would not be very happy to learn that the shareholder credits were not combinable if that were a major reason for purchasing the stock, as it has been reported by many here that it is.

I wrote our TA since I'd already booked a cruise 10 days ago to see if I could cancel and rebook...or even rebook with an upgraded cabin to see what I could do to qualify. The news is not good. Here's what he said:

Cancellations and rebooks do not quality for this deal nor do upgrades. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean run reports to find if people cancel and rebook during their promos..even if its direct with Celebrity or with another agency. Sorry for the bad news:(

Lobster129

Archived