To wear hose...or not to wear hose...

monakayk

Oh and DH says no to hose (reminds him of his mom too much!)

and if hose make you feel good, go for it! We should not be fashion victims and feel uncomfortable!

You should try silk stockings and garters! I seriously doubt that DH would say no to that. I have yet to meet a man who does not have a very positive reaction to that: http://stockingirl.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SGSS2&Category_Code=catS&Store_Code=miccina

Gentlemen, what do you think?

You should try silk stockings and garters! I seriously doubt that DH would say no to that. I have yet to meet a man who does not have a very positive reaction to that: http://stockingirl.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SGSS2&Category_Code=catS&Store_Code=miccina

Gentlemen, what do you think?

I wore silk stockings and garters at our wedding, they were very nice, but I just don't need or want to wear stockings again. I think that like with most fashion decisions, your age, where you live and your social and work environment play a big part in the whole stocking debate. I work in a field that is very judgemental when it comes to fashion (LA, & OC design scene) some of those designers (men included) are very cut throat when it comes to scrutinizing an outfit from head to toe. Trust me, people at charity events aren't very charitable when it comes to giving you the once over!

Trust me, people at charity events aren't very charitable when it comes to giving you the once over!

Oh, I know that. I currently live in Washington, D.C. and the circles we move in are also very focused on appearances. My husband is a British diplomat, and as I said once before, the comment -- "You look so lovely tonight. I always liked that dress on you." -- is not really a compliment, but a not so subtle reminder that it's time to go shopping, because the outfit has been recognised.

BTW, I also wear natural fabrics, so we may not be that dissimilar after all.

Oh, I know that. I currently live in Washington, D.C. and the circles we move in are also very focused on appearances. My husband is a British diplomat, and as I said once before, the comment -- "You look so lovely tonight. I always liked that dress on you." -- is not really a compliment, but a not so subtle reminder that it's time to go shopping, because the outfit has been recognised.

BTW, I also wear natural fabrics, so we may not be that dissimilar after all.

Lol, I see that the "back handed" compliment is alive and well where you live also.

I'm sure you've heard these too:

"You're so lucky you can wear off the rack"

"Well, don't you look comfortable today?"

and my personal favorite:

"It's so refreshing to see someone who's not always a slave to fashion"

(translation of all three: are you really wearing something you bought at the mall out in public?)

sigh, :rolleyes: I still defend my right to shop at Jcrew or Banana Republic and not hide my head in shame!

I am from Florida where wearing pantyhose is sheer torture, however, sometimes you just gotta wear em, like when you haven't been out in the sun for 6 months and your legs took like overcooked spaghetti or it is really cold out. Also, with control tops, they can make you look really sleek. I am going on an Alaskan cruise and will take a pair with me, but on any cruise to a warm climate I would leave them home and never, never wear them with sandals or open toed shoes. And about those thong hose.... weird.

We are cruising for the first time in September. How about men's attire on infomral nights? I am going to be wearing dresses - what do the majority of men wear on Carnival cruises on informal nights? I mean slacks and shirts or casual type beach wear; such as silk shirt and baggy pants or dress slacks and dress shirts? Please help answer this question...:confused:

Carrie & Phillip

We are cruising for the first time in September. How about men's attire on infomral nights? I am going to be wearing dresses - what do the majority of men wear on Carnival cruises on informal nights? I mean slacks and shirts or casual type beach wear; such as silk shirt and baggy pants or dress slacks and dress shirts? Please help answer this question...:confused:

Carrie & Phillip

You probably want to start a new thread for your subject as this thread is about hose.

You will get many more answers that way and also this thread will stay on topic for the OP.

Archived