To wear hose...or not to wear hose...

monakayk

Please give more info!! Who makes a split slip? I'm going way back here, but in the '60's we called them petti pants:)

Jan

I too love womanwithin.com!

Split slips are also available from shopnational.com (which has all kinds of specialty undergarments that are hard to find elsewhere) and wintersilks.com

It annoys me that there's such a mandate by the fashion magazines and other "fashionistas" about certain practical things being so dreadfully wrong! Wearing nude color hose is one. Of course, my ultimate fashion crime is being an age those first digit is greater than "2'' and not having sexy, buff, toned, and tan legs!

i wish i could go hose less due to im very fair skinned redhead that would just draw attention like a beacon in neon lights flashing to my white legs lol.:eek: . when i had worn hose ive worn light color sorta liked the control top lol but ive not worn a dress in long time but since ive lost 35 pds in past 3 months i just might soon try wearing dresses :D

Well, now I"m confused. I"m going to a dressy evening wedding next Saturday. I"m wearing a very dressy knee length black dress with patent leather pumps...closed toe.

I was planning on getting a pair of the Hanes Ultra Sheer hose that someone said were nice in a natural shade as I thought it was "out" to wear black hose with black dress.

Now, I read that's it's aging to wear the natural shade of hose?

WHICH SHOULD I WEAR?

I always wear black sheer hose with a black dressy dress....and so do many the models in a lot of the fasion magazines.

You can wear sheer hose if you prefer- especially since it's summer.

Either is fine and "in".

"spray" deodorant"..any brand..btwn tosies too.one with alluminum chlorhydrate, preferably. stops sweat dead!.. I like nude or black "THIGH-Hi" hose for all my short frocks. and have worn toeless knit w/yes ladies..peep toe shoes..I rarely wear, or dont own a closed heel. No one has ever lookd that far down my ensamble to notice, or probly even cARE! And I do wear a light weight shaper for a smooth look, and it all works together--for me

I always get a crop of blisters no matter what kind of shoes or sandles I wear. I've tried blister sticks, clear band aids, anything I can think of.

How do you hoseless ladies do it and keep your feet happy???????

P.S. I go hoseless but I would never ever laugh at anyone else because of hose or no hose.

Corvette Girl,

My point exactly....if the feet ain't happy :mad:...then I am not happy:(.

I do not want to end an evening with blistered feet. Therefore, I guess I will be 'dating' myself by wearing hose with a short or long dress....just to keep my feet "happy".:D

I have the whitest, most unattractive legs on the planet but I don't wear hose. The last time I wore hose was to my wedding. I am now divorced and regret to this day squeezing into those hose and 2 girdles that day. I'll be having the time of my life on my cruise in September and won't even consider if my white legs are the talk of the town or not.

I have the whitest, most unattractive legs on the planet but I don't wear hose. The last time I wore hose was to my wedding. I am now divorced and regret to this day squeezing into those hose and 2 girdles that day. I'll be having the time of my life on my cruise in September and won't even consider if my white legs are the talk of the town or not.

To each her own...so to speak, but I wear the lace-top (support) hosiery. No need for a garter/girdle to hold up the hose! I have stopped wearing panty-hose now for over 10 years because the lace-top hose are so comfy!

I am also one to wear hose with all my dresses. I just can't stand to have my shoes on without hosiery. I seldom even wear sandals here in Florida as I just can't stand the feel of shoes against my bare feet. I usually have a good tan all year, but still there is something about not having on my hosiery. Guess it is part of that "old school thing":D I really don't want to look out of place, especially since dressing up is such a fun part of the cruises, so hopefully I don't look too bad, even with the open toed shoes. I'm going to post a couple of pictures, and please be honest and even to the point of being brutal.....do they look really bad?:eek: UGH, Sorry about the last picture, I was having problems with my contacts, and could not wear them during that trip....:o

Project6.jpg.c6c9216e15ad0850c56c5640e8bc9dcf.jpg

Project34.jpg.403f49516e94f625f72a85d21722b1bf.jpg

tmpACF.jpg.1792332c2c2e3d031fe77124cb79fd62.jpg

1936985772_FantasyAnniversary01.jpg.eb0d9baf00b68b97abfaf3e28e689c1d.jpg

You look lovely and hubby looks handsome too. I love to see a man dressed up.

Thank you, you are always so sweet. I do love to see him dressed up and what's more he enjoys dressing up!:) Am I blessed or what? He really is the light of my life and I am so blessed to be able to say that I am his wife!;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevyMcShaw viewpost.gif

Good heavens!!!!!!!!! Hose and 2 girdles!!!!!! I think I would have chosen a different dress that didn't require that!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevyMcShaw viewpost.gif

Good heavens!!!!!!!!! Hose and 2 girdles!!!!!! I think I would have chosen a different dress that didn't require that!!!!

LOL...Yep, Buster, I was young and thought the dress looked good at the time. Drew's Wife, you look lovely with or without hose. Make your feet happy and just have a great time. I'm gonna make my feet, and thighs, happy too. I might even try to dress them up a little by going to the "paint booth" for a spray tan so they won't blind the other cruisers. I've always wanted to try one of those anyway.

I always wear hose with whatever shoe i am wearing when I dress up for the evening . I cannot tolerate bare feet in shoes . i find them hot and sticky and get blisters without hose. there are so many beautiful sheer hose around . As far as runs .I take several pair with me and if i have a run i change hose . I paid alot of money for the cruise , I think a few pairs of well fitting hose are worth it .

I wear pantyhose a lot. If my dress is very long, like to the ankles or a bit above, I will forgo them. I have white legs. But there is also another reason. I have thunder thighs and the pantyhose helps to prevent them from rubbing together. Bet you didnt think of that reason. :D

:) I, too, feel that the pantyhose layer between my thighs definitely protect me from getting a rash due to skin rubbing against skin. The overall look is very sexy, offers a nice smooth feel (as my husband loves that) and seems to 'complete' the dressy look. Oftentimes, my outfits will even move better against hosiery, than without. They add that extra layer of warmth and an overall, invigorating toning feel -- which is good for the circulation.

I am also one to wear hose with all my dresses. I just can't stand to have my shoes on without hosiery. I seldom even wear sandals here in Florida as I just can't stand the feel of shoes against my bare feet. I usually have a good tan all year' date=' but still there is something about not having on my hosiery. Guess it is part of that "old school thing":D I really don't want to look out of place, especially since dressing up is such a fun part of the cruises, so hopefully I don't look too bad, even with the open toed shoes. I'm going to post a couple of pictures, and please be honest and even to the point of being brutal.....do they look really bad?:eek: UGH, Sorry about the last picture, I was having problems with my contacts, and could not wear them during that trip....:o[/quote']

ALL the photos look great with the both of you. You are a very beautiful lady and have fantastic legs....even with hose on. I could not even tell you had them on with your toe less shoes either.

I will say....(JMHO of myself) that wearing hose makes the legs look luscious, softer, smoother and sexy. Therefore, I will continue to wear hose when I wear a dress....short or long.

Thanks for sharing your photos...they are great.

ALL the photos look great with the both of you. You are a very beautiful lady and have fantastic legs....even with hose on. I could not even tell you had them on with your toe less shoes either.

I will say....(JMHO of myself) that wearing hose makes the legs look luscious, softer, smoother and sexy. Therefore, I will continue to wear hose when I wear a dress....short or long.

Thanks for sharing your photos...they are great.

Thank you so much, that is so sweet!:) :)

I agree the look silly when they get a run but lets be honest....its like wearing a light colored shirt and spilling wine....you just need to be careful. I worked in a law firm and if you wore a dress/skirt you were REQUIRED to wear them and if you didn't you were sent home.

The only thing i don't agree with is wearing them with sandals or open-toe shoes but there are some brands that have come up with these type of hose that are great. I posted a picture of what they look like for an idea but i've never tried these.

hosett7.png

I agree the look silly when they get a run but lets be honest....its like wearing a light colored shirt and spilling wine....you just need to be careful. I worked in a law firm and if you wore a dress/skirt you were REQUIRED to wear them and if you didn't you were sent home.

The only thing i don't agree with is wearing them with sandals or open-toe shoes but there are some brands that have come up with these type of hose that are great. I posted a picture of what they look like for an idea but i've never tried these.

hosett7.png

I would love to hear if anyone has tried these! How are they as far as comfort? I knew they made them without toes, but didn't know they were made this way. Another thing I have a hard time with is anything between my toes!:eek: :o These look like they would work wonderful, but they also look like they would be incredibly uncomfortable for me.:(

I don't like the way they look, or feel, I can honestly say I haven't bought or worn a pair since 1999, however, I could care less if someone else wants to wear them. I might give the legs a glance because I'm not used to seeing hose except on woman over 60, but so what. It's kind of like the dress code debate. A total strangers fashion choices really don't affect me or my day.

Oh, and I don't wear spanx either, I know woman swear by them, but I think they were invented by the devil!

I would love to hear if anyone has tried these! How are they as far as comfort? I knew they made them without toes' date=' but didn't know they were made this way. Another thing I have a hard time with is anything between my toes!:eek: :o These look like they would work wonderful, but they also look like they would be incredibly uncomfortable for me.:([/quote']

I'm sorry...i meant to say i've never tried this brand but i have tried others and they feel the same as regular hosiery. I live in Miami and wear sandal & flip flops a lot so i'm used to have something between my toes.

I am also one to wear hose with all my dresses. I just can't stand to have my shoes on without hosiery. I seldom even wear sandals here in Florida as I just can't stand the feel of shoes against my bare feet. I usually have a good tan all year' date=' but still there is something about not having on my hosiery. Guess it is part of that "old school thing":D I really don't want to look out of place, especially since dressing up is such a fun part of the cruises, so hopefully I don't look too bad, even with the open toed shoes. I'm going to post a couple of pictures, and please be honest and even to the point of being brutal.....do they look really bad?:eek: UGH, Sorry about the last picture, I was having problems with my contacts, and could not wear them during that trip....:o[/quote']

you looked lovely, if hose make you feel more feminine and comfortable go for it.

I would love to hear if anyone has tried these! How are they as far as comfort? I knew they made them without toes' date=' but didn't know they were made this way. Another thing I have a hard time with is anything between my toes!:eek: :o These look like they would work wonderful, but they also look like they would be incredibly uncomfortable for me.:([/quote']

Me, too! The part between the toes would be unbearable for me. I can't wear flip-flops (despite how cute some of the styles are) for this reason. I've tried (thinking it was a matter of just getting used to the feeling) but they just get more uncomfortable with time. I've tried them with different materials and different thicknesses and configurations for the thong part, cheap ones and expensive ones, but none of them work for me. (Same for the other type of thong as well;) )

Me, too! The part between the toes would be unbearable for me. I can't wear flip-flops (despite how cute some of the styles are) for this reason. I've tried (thinking it was a matter of just getting used to the feeling) but they just get more uncomfortable with time. I've tried them with different materials and different thicknesses and configurations for the thong part, cheap ones and expensive ones, but none of them work for me. (Same for the other type of thong as well;) )

I just can't stand it!! I have three pairs of sandal (thong type) that are so cute, and I have never worn them. I put them on thinking, I will give them a try, but less than five minutes later, off they come, and into a sandal that my foot just slips into! I wish these were as comfortable as the "Other type"!:D Morning chuckle...my best friend, is always talking about she should change from her thongs when she is out mowing the lawn..AKA flip-flops....as she knows it could be dangerous...! I always reply, that "yes, it could be very dangerous if people saw "The Elder's wife out mowing in her thongs!":eek: :D

Archived