Upgrade Fairy!

Seems as though she paid us a visit!! WOOHOO!! Hope we got a good trade off....on the Brilliance hump D1 9078 upgraded to JS 1086 (by the stairs---will it be noisy?) Doesn't look laike we have much of a choice regardless....showing all sold out except for interiors....

Bonnie

Seems as though she paid us a visit!! WOOHOO!! Hope we got a good trade off....on the Brilliance hump D1 9078 upgraded to JS 1086 (by the stairs---will it be noisy?) Doesn't look laike we have much of a choice regardless....showing all sold out except for interiors....

Bonnie

Bonnie thats wonderful!!!! Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Laura

Congratulations and don't worry about the noise. All stairs are carpeted and people do not tend to hang near the staircases. Besides stairs are near the elevators and they are in an area away from the front doors of passenger's cabins.

We are on the Sept 14th sailing the Med for 12 nights so already was getting the 2 cruise credits...we are just happy to have the extra space and walk in closet....this is our 6th rccl and never before an upgrade....wonder if it has anything to do with when you book....we booked this one as soon as it opened....March 2007....no matter....we are thrilled....thanks for the well wishes...I wish you all upgrades as well!

Bonnie

Bonnie

I have a question I hope someone can answer. As appealing as a visit from the upgrade sounds, what if you have a cabin you don't want upgraded? Is there a way to inform RCI that you would like to stay in your cabin? We are on Brilliance for a Med cruise in June of 09. Booked really early to get an aft balcony (8168) and I'm not sure a Jr. suite would be an upgrade. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a question I hope someone can answer. As appealing as a visit from the upgrade sounds, what if you have a cabin you don't want upgraded? Is there a way to inform RCI that you would like to stay in your cabin? We are on Brilliance for a Med cruise in June of 09. Booked really early to get an aft balcony (8168) and I'm not sure a Jr. suite would be an upgrade. Anyone have any experience with this?

Make sure they note in your reservation.......no upgrade.........do not change cabins.........call RCCL and tell them(or your TA if you used one)...

I ALWAYS select the cabin I want and tell my TA that I DO NOT WANT an upgrade. I select mine for a reason. Location-location-location.

Now, some in our traveling group book for price-price-price so they book "guarantee" and hope for the best.

I know sometimes you can start in an ideal location and an upgrade may get you higher on the ship, but in a less than preferred location. i.e. going from center to way forward or way aft.

Just FYI to the OP.....that is NOT a passenger stairway near your new cabin. We were upgraded on the Serenade from my carefully hand picked D1 on the hump to 1594. They did not contact us to ask before they moved us and I was very upset about that. I could have pressed to get our original cabin back but since it was a 14 night cruise we decided to go with the upgrade and the extra space. The cabin was nice but I hated the location. Under the Windjammer, which gets going about 4:30 am! We also had to try not to forget anything when we left the cabin because it was a long haul to go back.

When I booked our cruise for next year I told my TA to tell them to put a "do not move or upgrade" on our reservation and they told her "oh, we don't do that". Yeah, right....

1086 is next to a crew-only stairway - on embarkation day the luggage will be in there waiting to be delivered to the cabins. Room service and laundry carts also go through that area. So you cannot access those stairs (well you can, but you shouldn't because you run the risk of being knocked over and you will in the way).

We usually book 1100 or 1602, all the way aft, and right under the outdoor seating area of the Windjammer. We haven't found the noise to be bad at all - in 1602 we occasionally heard thumping in the morning as they were setting up, but would go right back to sleep. And if you don't have mobility issues, the walk to the stern isn't that bad.

I prefer the layout of the JS cabins, too - in addition to being much larger, they have the sofa/sitting area by the window, while the D-1 cabins have the bed next to the window. You won't have lounge chairs on the balcony, but there's still plenty of room to relax out there.

Enjoy!

We usually do cruise "aft" so we are "used" to the walk....good to know about those stairs not being for us.....at 1st I was sort of bummed because I had hand picked that cabin but getting 3 credits it will make up for it....will reach Diamond status! I called to see if any other JS are available but as of today there is not...I will keep checking though....you never know...

Bonnie

Bonnie

Congrats!:D Could you please give the Upgrade Fairy my address? I think she lost it!:rolleyes:

Archived