Laundry....I know I am on vacation but...

LauraAnne30

I haven't done laundry on the Miracle but I have done it on other ships. The washer seemed to take about 35 minutes. The dryer ran, I think, about 30 minutes for 1.00. I needed 2.00 to get jeans dried. Yes, the dreaded jeans but I didn't wear them in the dining room.:D

If I recall, It took about 1 1/2 hrs to do one load and dry.(no jeans) And, I don't think you're allowed to do laundry while in port. They used to offer a deal where you could fill one of their bags with clothes for a fixed price on a certain day of the cruise. Hope this helps!

If I recall, It took about 1 1/2 hrs to do one load and dry.(no jeans) And, I don't think you're allowed to do laundry while in port. They used to offer a deal where you could fill one of their bags with clothes for a fixed price on a certain day of the cruise. Hope this helps!

Yep... the Famous Fifteen Dollar Bag... all the laundry you can cram in the bag they provide for fifteen bucks...

Prett good deal.

Hey - can anyone tell me where the laundry room is located on deck 7 on the miracle?

Also, has anyone done laundry how long is the wash cycle and the dryer?

Laura:)

For the first time on a cruise, I did one load on my last cruise...my SIL was doing one so I did too. I took about 1.5 hours to do if I remember. I went to the one on our floor, but they were all filled. Went one deck up and it was empty, so I did it there. If airlines are going to be charging per bag at the time of the next cruise, I may plan on doing some again. It really wasn't bad like I thought it would be. I put a load in, went get dessert and then eat it on my balcony. We back and moved them from washer to dryer, went back to balcony, and then went check them in the dryer. Had to wait a little time there, but not long.

Thanks - since we are on the Miracle out of NYC and it takes quite a few days up and back I figured I would just do a load or two...and the time helps so I can put it in and chill out in my cabin and go back to move it to the dryer.....

It also will cut down on the amount of clothes that I need to bring along.....

Also, helpful hint that I use at home.....throw a dry towel in with your wet clothes when you dry them and you can really cut the drying time down.

Thanks for all of your help!

Also, helpful hint that I use at home.....throw a dry towel in with your wet clothes when you dry them and you can really cut the drying time down.

Laura, I'll have to give it a try! We do laundry on our 7-8 day cruises - with 5 of us, I'd rather do laundry once during the cruise than drag huge suitcases of dirty clothes home with us, especially when we're flying and we have to pack for two extra days to account for arriving early.

Hey - can anyone tell me where the laundry room is located on deck 7 on the miracle?

Also, has anyone done laundry how long is the wash cycle and the dryer?

Cycles run about 45 minutes. I know there was one machine that ran about 50 - 55 minutes. Not sure about the dryers but they always get the clothes dry in one spin of the dial.

Just be careful with putting money in. They are stacked dryers and the coin slots are for upper and lower dryer but they are side by side. Make sure you read which one is for the top and which is for the bottom.

We saw several people put money in the wrong coin slot into a dryer that was already running. We did it, that's why I'm sending the warning to you.

Here's a pic of the laundry room on the Lido deck of the Conquest:

2021940170061183369S500x500Q85.jpg

I brought quarters from home (so I didn't have to go down to the purser's desk to get change) and found travel-sized laundry detergent at home (a lot cheaper than on the ship--$2 a box).

My wife and I are first time cruisers. We will be vacationing in S. California the week before our cruise. Do all ships offer paid laundry service...the $15.00 / bag deal?? Also, if you can send out items to be laundered, when do you get them back..1 day, 2days etc??

Much thanks for your responses.:)

On the Miracle just this month, the cost was $2.00 to wash $2.00 to dry...quarters only, the washing machine took 30 minutes, the dryer took 45 minutes...soap costs $1.00 - $2.00 per little teeny box. Worth it to me as I didnt want dirty clothes to bring back

My wife and I are first time cruisers. We will be vacationing in S. California the week before our cruise. Do all ships offer paid laundry service...the $15.00 / bag deal?? Also, if you can send out items to be laundered, when do you get them back..1 day, 2days etc??

Much thanks for your responses.:)

The price list is here: http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Laundry_Service

It is usually returned by the next day.

Just send it out to be done. You're on vacation, live large.

I have to admit that doing laundry while on vacation is not my favorite thing to do, but I also can't send it out. Due to allergies, we use unscented laundry detergent and unscented dryer sheets, so I have to do our laundry and not send it out. And with a family of five, it could get pretty expensive at $15.00 a bag.

I'll be taking a couple of rolls of quarters with me and planning on doing the laundry in the early morning hours, since I'm an early bird by nature. I figure that I can get at least one load of laundry done before I can get everyone out the cabin doors for breakfast, anyway.

Can you do laundry at anytime of the day or night or do they have "hours of operation"?

I am planning either early morning laundry or right after early dinner laundry and catch the late seating shows!!! To be honest we are not big lay out by the pool people for all hours of the day so even on one of the at sea days we can get it done. We also booked on of the larger balconies and it happens to be near the laundry so WOW double bonus!! I can order room service has lunch out on the balcony and do laundry! Sounds like fun to me!

Can you do laundry at anytime of the day or night or do they have "hours of operation"?

I am planning either early morning laundry or right after early dinner laundry and catch the late seating shows!!! To be honest we are not big lay out by the pool people for all hours of the day so even on one of the at sea days we can get it done. We also booked on of the larger balconies and it happens to be near the laundry so WOW double bonus!! I can order room service has lunch out on the balcony and do laundry! Sounds like fun to me!

I will probably do the same thing; the laundry is right by my room. I will order maybe breakfast, put the laundry in and wait on my balcony till it is time. I looked up where it is on our deck level and it is very close to our aft balcony. Never thought I would do laundry on the ship, but I am finally looking forward to doing laundry!:D

Archived