Jul 1 has left on time

first_timer2

i doubt it sailed already- it wasnt supposed to leave until 5 normally and then pushed it up 1 hour to 4. i doubt it would leave 40 minutes earlier than that as it is still only 320

:o you are right, I saw a ship and I ASSuMEd...stupid me. My laptob clock says 4pm,

I must need a vacation BAD! LOL

Silly me, sorry for the post

My daughter just got off the ship today and she said the sign said the ship was sailing today at 3:30. Originally on the post someone said they

moved it from 5 PM to 4:00 PM but while my daughter was getting off

she saw a sign saying ship departure is 3:30 pm. But don't kill me I just

saying what she saw. So I don't know I wasn't there this is just what she is tell me. And by the cruise cam it looks like she did sail at 3:30 PM.

I guess that's great because they want to make up there time going slow but I've been on so many cruises I never EVER saw them move up the departure time did anyone see this before?

Dave

I was wondering about these reports of her already sailing. I have been watching the "live webcam" from the Empire State Building and it has not moved at all. Thanks Ferrygirl for the update real eyes beat webcams any day.

It is 429pm EST and through the empire state building webcam I see the Carribean princess back end in front of manhattan. So it is off just not out of the harbor yet.

Yup just refreshed and it has move a few blocks ahead now. These pics are 100% this second.

cb2.jpg.20196921776a79200c9da182bc052aec.jpg

My daughter just got off the ship today and she said the sign said the ship was sailing today at 3:30. Originally on the post someone said they

moved it from 5 PM to 4:00 PM but while my daughter was getting off

she saw a sign saying ship departure is 3:30 pm. But don't kill me I just

saying what she saw. So I don't know I wasn't there this is just what she is tell me. And by the cruise cam it looks like she did sail at 3:30 PM.

I guess that's great because they want to make up there time going slow but I've been on so many cruises I never EVER saw them move up the departure time did anyone see this before?

Dave

Probably all aboard by 3:30 for the 4:00 pm sailing notice posted at the gangway. ;)

I assume this meant the Caribbean Princess sailing for today. I just got off the ship. A full review later after some sleep, although someone may beat me to it, but the ship has had some problems.

The engines are fine, but one of the generators is out. That does slow this ship down as the propulsion on this ship work this way: engines power generators which charge batteries which drive the screws (I think I got it right). Our time in Bermuda was massively cut short (we only had 4 hours) due to a generator being down.

There was even talk that the generator wouldn't be able to be repaired until drydock and that all the itineraries for the remainder of the year would be changed. That I don't know about, but we were definitely sailing at reduced speed for the cruise.

I have friends on the sailing - will post if they send any emails.

They did call a friend today and said that the gossip around the ship is that the problem was an engine down.... Who knows...More to come.

Archived