Question re. stateroom amenities

With the cost of flying and airline baggage restrictions along with the TSA rules, I am trying to figure out how little I can pack for our cruise.

Does Royal have shampoo and body wash in the showers? Two less bottles would be....two less bottles. ;)

Thanks.

Don't bet on it. With fuel costs being what they are, those little bottles don't appear like one would hope. They cut costs anywhere they can right now.

My wife and I have long since adapted to hauling all the bottled stuff whether we want to or not. Things like shampoo and condition only get bought in travel size once. Then we just refill the bottles from the big ones at home.

Wasn't the answer you were hoping for, sorry. Soak up your cruise and enjoy. The bottle detail is way way down on the priorities list. :)

Wasn't the answer you were hoping for, sorry. Soak up your cruise and enjoy. The bottle detail is way way down on the priorities list. :)

Oh, I won't let it get me down. Don't know why you would think that. I have the stuff, just was hoping I wouldn't have to pack it. :p

With the cost of flying and airline baggage restrictions along with the TSA rules, I am trying to figure out how little I can pack for our cruise.

Does Royal have shampoo and body wash in the showers? Two less bottles would be....two less bottles. ;)

Thanks.

I see you are going on Majesty in a few days. We were on there in April. OV room on Deck 2. There was a dispenser in the shower that had shampoo/body wash. ;)

The dispenser in the shower is fine to use as a body wash...but I wouldn't use it on my hair.. I have a couple times & it makes it very dry... so.. 1 less bottle you could pack...

Standard cabins have a liquid that is supposedly a body wash and shampoo. Suites have upgraded amenities. It depends on what you like to use on your hair. I personally bring the shampoo, conditioner and body wash.

The upgraded amenities in the suites used to be the same old shampoo that is in the shower of most cabins only put in a bottle. Same stuff. But that could have changed in the last few months.

Another point - laundry and dry cleaning is actually quite reasonable onboard. I don't know land laundry prices, but dry cleaning on RC ships is less than our locality. Also, on many cruises, especially longer ones, they will put a bag in your room where its anything you can jam into the bag for $20.

Archived