Inexpensive excursion/7 miles beach??

sunlover5

Curious what a cab ride to 7 mile beach would be for 4 people??

Any suggestions for something inexpensive to do? Doing a girls trip and one girl is not working now and almost canceled. We thought it would help if we did inexpensive things on our stops!

Thank you for any suggestions!

We're right there with you. We plan on doing some more expensive excursions in other ports, so we were looking at inexpensive options in GC. We're still debating, but have it narrowed down to either cabbin it to Royal Palms on 7 Mile Beach or the Grand Cayman Beach Suites daypass at $25 pp.

We too did a girls trip and went to Sea Grape Beach. We took a cab and paid $4.00 each way. I believe we could have taken a bus as well but we just hopped a cab. There was a bar and grill, beach chairs for rent, bathrooms and a changing area. All in all a great day. We went back to town and wandered around the shopping area. Great day at the beach!!

The best snorkling from shore that I have found in the Caymans is at Eden Rock....but there is no beach area there...just rocks. As you leave the cruise ship tender docks turn right....stay on the sidewalk that parallels the water and walk about 3 blocks...Eden Rock will be on your right. Lots of colorful fish!

Use of their facilities....their pool, restrooms, changing areas, their beach and chairs.

The name of the hotel is "Grand Cayman Beach Suites" do you have to pre register?

• 2 weeks later...
Who do I contact to reserve a day pass at Royal Palms or GC Beach Suites ?

Royal Palms is free - just show up, and buy or rent everything like chairs, watersports, food, etc. as you need it.

For GC Beach Suites I would assume you'd need to contact them directly. http://www.grand-cayman-beach-suites.com/

I just returned from a week on 7 mile beach. My daughter got married at the Reef Grill. If you want to have a cheap day you could walk to the Reef Grill and bring a towel to sit on so you don't need a chair. If you do it early in the day the beach is shaded because the sun has not come up over the island. It is probably about a 20 minute walk. I took pictures of their signs that had all of their prices on them that I will post here soon.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I hope this helps!

Archived