HAL in Curacao

Oceanwench

Once you get to town, besides shopping you walk to a park, there are the government buildings to see, way back on a side street there is a Jewish Church which is the oldest synagogue in the western hemisphere -- it still has the original dirt floors.

You may even want to take the Trolley tour -- we did -- loved it!! You will get to some of the big old homes around the harbor as well as picturesque building and various statues. This tour can be booked on the ship. Wheater you are at the Mega Pier or the inside pier, there will be a bus included in the tour to take you to town for the trolley tour. After the tour you can walk around town and walk back to the ship on your own. The Jewish church was included in our trolley tour.

There are a lot of vendors near the Pontoon bridge -- we just walk past them -- they have never bothered us.

You will be here on Friday the 12th , that day you will be the only ship in port so most probably the ship will dock at the megapier.

Thank You, CB........ that sounds great.

We love your pretty island.... one of our favorite spots in the Caribbean. DH and I always enjoy roaming the downtown and stopping for a nice lunch. Everyone is so friendly. The shops are better and better. We've been coming there since about 1985 or so when we stayed for a week or ten days. We have never been disappointed.

We are still looking ...

Have not booked.

I am intrigued by the 7-day cruises that call on Aruba and Curacao.

DH thinks maybe January or February. We want to avoid spring breakers, so we won't go into March or April.

If we can't get one of the cabins we want, then we'll set our sights on November 2009.

You really should book a cruise that includes both Aruba and Curacao -- we love both islands!!

Thank You, CB........ that sounds great.

We love your pretty island.... one of our favorite spots in the Caribbean. DH and I always enjoy roaming the downtown and stopping for a nice lunch. Everyone is so friendly. The shops are better and better. We've been coming there since about 1985 or so when we stayed for a week or ten days. We have never been disappointed.

Sail7seas the 12th is not for you but it was for vic the parrot, he will be on the Queen Mary on the 12th.

Sail7seas on which ship will you be visiting Curacao in Dec.?

You will be here on Friday the 12th , that day you will be the only ship in port so most probably the ship will dock at the megapier.

Yep

Too bad it's a short stay (7am-4pm)

Will you be on the dock to greet Mary? :) :cool:

Sail7seas the 12th is not for you but it was for vic the parrot, he will be on the Queen Mary on the 12th.

Sail7seas on which ship will you be visiting Curacao in Dec.?

Sail will be on the Maasdam which sails out of Ft Lauderdale on Dec 5 - which doesn't stop at Curacao as far as I know.

Don't see any maasdam on the schedule for curacao.Check your itinerary

Yaaa....... you're right. Got it confused with the cruise we take after that one. We have eight cruises booked. :eek: :D :)

Yaaa....... you're right. Got it confused with the cruise we take after that one. We have eight cruises booked. :eek: :D :)

We are in the same leauge, I have also 8 booked and waiting for another two to become available.

I'm there Mon. 12/15 on the Statendam. According to PortTime, we're the only ship that day. From what you wrote, I get the sense that we'll likely be at the MegaPier. Darn, I really liked the other dock, so much going on and an easy walk to the Old Town area, which I enjoyed a lot. While a mile hike isn't much for some, I'm still healing from a broken leg and can't quite go the distances I was easily able to not long ago. From what I remember, the traffic along the road leading to the pontoon bridge from the MegaPier can get quite clogged due to all the pedestrian traffic crossing the road in the area.

Archived