Eurodam is coming to America.......

sail7seas

We just received a lovely invitation to Mariners Brunch on Eurodam in New York for Monday, September 1. We disembark from two weeks on Maasdam August 30 so don't know if DH will travel to New York. It's a nice invitation and we appreciate it. Hope we can go.

Who knows but that you might get an invitation. It just came in today's mail. Many could still be in delivery process.

We also enjoyed Noordam Inaugural Events. :)

We just received a lovely invitation to Mariners Brunch on Eurodam in New York for Monday, September 1. We disembark from two weeks on Maasdam August 30 so don't know if DH will travel to New York. It's a nice invitation and we appreciate it. Hope we can go.

Wow, how exciting, hope you get to go, too!

We will be disembarking Eurodam that morning.

I would love to be invited to a lunch on the Maasdam, since we have not been on that ship.

Maasdam is sailing into Boston not New York, Jade. We'd have to fly to New York if we go the the Brunch. Have to wait and see if DH can be out of his office even more after being away 2 weeks.

Thanks John and Melodie.... I really hope we get to go. :)

Maasdam is sailing into Boston not New York, Jade. We'd have to fly to New York if we go the the Brunch. Have to wait and see if DH can be out of his office even more after being away 2 weeks.

Thanks John and Melodie.... I really hope we get to go. :)

Yes, I know Massdam cruises from Boston.

It is also a 4 hour drive, 4 hour train or 4 hour Lucky Bus for only $15.00 each way.

I hope you can too. That is a great invitation. Our TA has a list of people she is trying to get on the Eurodam when it visits Saint John although she says we would probably have to drive over to Halifax and get on there as she thinks that is where their company will be given access. That would be no problem----I would swim to Nova Scotia to have a peek at the Eurodam. I can't wait until next July when we sail on her. Having a sneak preview will help.

Sail, Maybe it will help your cause that Monday, Sept. 1st is Labor Day and your DH's office most likely will be closed anyway?

We'll be boarding the Eurodam that morning for a b2b and are very much looking forward to it.

Hope all works out as you would like. Have a wonderful voyage on "your" Maasdam.

Yes, I know Massdam cruises from Boston.

It is also a 4 hour drive, 4 hour train or 4 hour Lucky Bus for only $15.00 each way.

There is absolutely no chance we will be on Lucky Bus. :) That you can count on. If we go, it will be by air though the prospect of flying on Labor Day is not appealing.

Maasdam is sailing into Boston not New York, Jade. We'd have to fly to New York if we go the the Brunch. Have to wait and see if DH can be out of his office even more after being away 2 weeks. Thanks John and Melodie.... I really hope we get to go. :)

Sail, September 1 is Labor Day, so perhaps DH won't have to work that day.

There is absolutely no chance we will be on Lucky Bus. :) That you can count on. If we go, it will be by air though the prospect of flying on Labor Day is not appealing.

Oh my, I wouldn't take Lucky bus if my life depended upon it either! Not with their record!

There's a new bus that was written up in the Boston Globe a couple weeks ago...BOLT. And, there's always the Amtrak Acela (sp?).

Sounds a lot better than Lucky or Kung Foo (or whatever it is). I observed both of those in February when we took the Homeport Bus to NYC to sail on the Noordam. Shaky at best! :eek:

We received the same invitation. However, we are doing the Aug 14 to Aug 29 sailing on Eurodam and will have seen the ship and enjoyed the meals for the 15-day crossing, so we have almost decided not to go back into New York City for the tour and brunch. It is too bad that the brunch is not scheduled for the same day we get back into the City; then we could have just stayed on board and taken the limo after the event.

Dumb question. What is "Lucky Bus?"

Hope you get to go too, Sail. That sounds like it would be a lovely affair that you both would really enjoy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hope you get to go too, Sail. That sounds like it would be a lovely affair that you both would really enjoy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Thank you,Rita.

It's a very low cost bus that runs from Boston to New York. I'm not sure if that is the one from Chinatown that has a very bad safety record. :eek: ONE of the bus companies had another accident just last week while they were loading the bus in New York. I believe a woman died in that accident.

Doesn't matter. We won't be on the bus. Train?? Possibly. We'd probably fly. Won't even need a bag or maybe we'd spend one night in N.Y. We'll talk about it over the weekend.

It's on Labor Day which could make it a little complicated. I hate traveling on holidays.

DH works 7 days a week when we are not cruising. His office is almost never closed for him.

Blue skies ...

--rita

A very safe clean bus that runs from China town New York. It has a student following but also men in business suits. It is $15.00 each way.

The Amtrak Acela is nice and is about $118.00 one way. The travel time is about the same.

The bus runs ever hour so actually has a great schedule.

Archived